PDA

View Full Version : Tutto Italia or Mama Melrose's

Rosemickey68
08-26-2009, 05:48 PM
My son wants to eat Italian food on our upcoming trip. Which place is the best to eat at???
Thanks!:mickey:

GreenBeetle
08-26-2009, 06:19 PM
Good question. I'll be interested in seeing the responses to this one myself. (We're going in January and haven't tried either one.) :thumbsup:

VWL Mom
08-26-2009, 06:55 PM
IMO they are pretty much on equal footing but I'd probably pick Mama Melrose over Tutto Italia. The main reason being is the variety of restaurants you have in Epcot whereas DHS is much more limited. I would suggest looking over their menus and deciding which suits your tastes better.

Tinkerbella16
08-26-2009, 07:11 PM
I have only eaten at Mama Melrose, and we weren't too impressed with the food. We are italian, so we try and stay away from italian food while at wdw and try different things.

If I had to choose though, I'd probably go with Tutto Italia, being that it is in my favorite park and I love World Showcase. They also have seating outside, so that is nice if the weathers nice enough.

:mickey:

luvnwdw
08-26-2009, 08:31 PM
My family and I ate at Mama Melrose last December and we were not impressed at all. It was not extremely busy when we were there so we were surprised when service was very slow, but the food was the main reason for not being impressed we just didn't find it very good.
Could have been an off day or something, but you never know unless you try.

Jillirose
08-26-2009, 09:20 PM
We love Tutto Italia. We go everytime we are at the World :thumbsup: Our kids, ages 11 and 14 love it too. The atmosphere is upscale, but we are always dressed casual and feel quite at home. Haven't been to Mama Melrose's, mainly because we end up at Epcot so much!

bkfree
08-27-2009, 12:00 AM
Tuttu Italia for us was the best meal we had last trip. It was wonderful. We asked to sit outside and that was great. When our kids got thru eating they could play around the fountains and we could leisurely finish our meal. It is now a must do for us and has taken the place of LaCellier.We had the best steak of our trip here.

RedSoxFan
08-27-2009, 07:19 AM
We have eaten at Mama Melrose twice. Very good and will eat there again. Have not eaten at Tuttu Italia.

big blue and hairy
08-27-2009, 09:06 AM
I will start out by saying that Mama Melrose's is cute and fun. BUT.... for quality of Italian food, there is no contest, Tutto Italia is terrific. It is also a beautiful restaurant.

:sulley:

prttynpnk
08-27-2009, 01:05 PM
I will start out by saying that Mama Melrose's is cute and fun. BUT.... for quality of Italian food, there is no contest, Tutto Italia is terrific. It is also a beautiful restaurant.

:sulley:

I agree! These are such different dining experiences and I like Melrose alot, but Tutto is definitely a better atmosphere and higher scale.

bruin1344
08-27-2009, 01:06 PM
Tutto Italia's food is a little better but Mama Melrose has a better selection. I was disappointed Tutto Italia didnt have chicken parm.

A Mouse Fan
08-28-2009, 11:58 AM
We ate at Tutto Italia last November and it was DELICIOUS!!! I strongly recommend you try it, I don't think you will be disappointed! :thumbsup:

ILoveMickey'77
08-28-2009, 12:39 PM
I've never eaten at Mama Melrose's, but I did eat at Tutto in February. It was AMAZING!! It is by far a MUST on every trip!!

AdventurerKim
08-28-2009, 07:36 PM
Tough choice! We really like both. I think Mama's edges out Tutto as my choice since we've eaten there more.

MissDisney+3
08-28-2009, 11:10 PM
I've never eaten at either, but i've heard that Il Mulino is amazing. I odn't believe it's on the ddp though.

Mom2princesses
08-30-2009, 12:19 AM
Not even close. Tutto is so much better. MM's is just "eh" Italian food. Not bad but nothing to write home about. Probably on a par with Olive Garden.

But Tutto is awesome! Great food.

Hands down you have to do Tutto over MM's.

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-30-2009, 09:21 PM
We've only been to Mama Melrose's and it was one of the worst meals we've had at WDW.

So, I would recommend you try just about anywhere before going to MM.

Damon18
08-31-2009, 01:06 PM
I would also go for Tutto. I just ate at Mama Melrose on Friday and I didn't think it was good at all. Tutto is much more expensive but the food is also much better, in my opinion.

Rosemickey68
08-31-2009, 06:22 PM
Okay, next question then. For those of you who have eaten at Tutto....what do you recommend?