PDA

View Full Version : Nine Dragons Restaurant

Wrigley
08-26-2009, 02:39 PM
What are everyone's opinions on Nine Dragons at Epcot? Is it a great meal? Would kids enjoy this restaurant? (We have a 2 yo). Is it worth giving it a try? Thanks!:mickey:

lighteningqueen
08-26-2009, 03:06 PM
Me too?? Can you pick anything on the menu? on the ddp??? Also is it one or two credits for TS?

Goes4FastPass
08-26-2009, 03:11 PM
We enjoyed Nine Dragons. It is 1 TS credit. We found the restaurant to be very crowded like they're trying to get absolutely as many chairs in the space as absolutely possible.

I don't, however, picture this as a toddler-fun place, perhaps because it is so crowded.

NJGIRL
08-26-2009, 03:32 PM
We didn't eat at the TS but at the CS and it was good. Come to think of it I really never hear anything about this place good or bad.

kakn7294
08-26-2009, 03:51 PM
This was one of the favorite meals among the adults in our group but my 9 yo could take it or leave it. She's never been a fan of Chinese food.

lockedoutlogic
08-26-2009, 04:07 PM
It's an absolute skip....

one of the worst choices at WDW

Not because of poor food...it's simply that IT's CHINESE...and for the price, is a complete pass

lighteningqueen
08-26-2009, 04:12 PM
So we need an opinion of or from someone which is not predjuice against Chinese Foods. Someone who likes Chinese Please??? If we are on the DDp then price is not the issue here.

dlpmikki
08-26-2009, 04:17 PM
I like chinese food and I like nine dragons. The makeover they gave it is very nice and there are some nice artistic glasses you can look at in the back wall. The food is nice - some options better than others. Husband not impressed with the 5 spice fish but spicy shrimp pretty good and honey chicken (I think it was) - we went twice last trip and were able to do a walk in at lunch. Don't think chinese food, think disney restaurant. Nine dragons has been variable over the years but is pretty good at the moment.

Phantod
08-26-2009, 05:07 PM
Hmm. We were there in 06 and 07 and the food was okay, nothing to write home about. Wasn't really happy with the service either time though. There were families with young kids there...didn't hear any complaints.

BUT with that being said, I tried to get an ADR at Epcot with 41 days out....and the only place that was available at 5, 7 and 9 was Nine Dragons....every other TS place was booked. I wonder why that is? Doesn't bode well.

SurferStitch
08-26-2009, 06:38 PM
DH and I love Nine Dragons, and eat there every time we visit WDW.

We've always had very friendly, efficient, excellent service. Last time our server, a young man, joked around with me because I am horrible with chopsticks. I try, and try, but I just can't do it. He brought out a pair of rigged kid's chopsticks so I could use them. I laughed like crazy when he gave them to me, and everyone around us got a chuckle. Hey, I'm not too proud...I used them! :thumbsup:

Food is very, very good. Perfectly prepared and nice big portions. It really is better than standard Chinese you get at a takeout place. It just tastes fresher and lighter to me. We had dinner there last October, and the place was packed (at around 7:30 pm).

We will go there for lunch in December, I'm sure.

ThanxForNoticin
08-26-2009, 11:20 PM
Nine Dragons is one of the better kept secrets at EPCOT. The restaurant is beautiful and the food is good. We never view it as just 'Chinese food'. I don't think I would hesitate to take a toddler there, as long as the like the food. Hope you get a chance to enjoy this place.

darthmacho
08-27-2009, 08:12 AM
Love Chinese food. Love Nine Dragons. I have lots of experience with good and bad Chinese food, and plenty of "authentic" food at my good friend's home. Enjoy! :mickey:

RAIDER
08-27-2009, 08:22 AM
Give it a whirl :thumbsup:
The menu is varied and when i we ate there a few years ago we ceratianly didnt complain

lighteningqueen
08-27-2009, 11:04 AM
Why are most of you doing Lunch instead of Dinner??? Just wondering if ther is something better that time of day????

prttynpnk
08-27-2009, 12:58 PM
We enjoyed Nine Dragons. It is 1 TS credit. We found the restaurant to be very crowded like they're trying to get absolutely as many chairs in the space as absolutely possible.

That was our 1st impression- like a classy mcdonalds or something. Now I love good chinese (yes, I'm in SC, but I haven't always lived here, I promise) and I thought it was a bit standard and I wouldnt go again.

renecat
08-27-2009, 03:09 PM
I like chinese food and I like nine dragons. The makeover they gave it is very nice and there are some nice artistic glasses you can look at in the back wall. The food is nice - some options better than others. Husband not impressed with the 5 spice fish but spicy shrimp pretty good and honey chicken (I think it was) - we went twice last trip and were able to do a walk in at lunch. Don't think chinese food, think disney restaurant. Nine dragons has been variable over the years but is pretty good at the moment.
All taste are differnt I guess. I had the 5 spice fish and thought it was fabulous. We are going back when we go in Sept. looking forward to having the fish again. Try it we had never eaten there before the last time and now I'm hooked. I know you can get chinese most anywhere but not with the same quality as 9 Dragon. Hope you go and enjoy as much as we do.

SurferStitch
08-27-2009, 03:55 PM
Why are most of you doing Lunch instead of Dinner??? Just wondering if ther is something better that time of day????

There are some differences in the menu, but we just have other places that are must do's for dinner, so you gotta give somewhere.

Like I said, we did dinner in October of last year, but did lunch in May of last year, too. We tend to switch off.

lighteningqueen
08-27-2009, 04:11 PM
Just thought that maybe the quality was not as good at night? We just want something different this time..

Going with:
Nine Dragons
Teppon Edo
Yak and Yeti

Done before:
Boma not fond of it but will give it another try
50's because they have variety
Whispering Canyon individual plates this time

Breakfast:
Tusker
Crystal Palace

Crow
08-30-2009, 12:16 AM
i was hoping for a good meal in April here. i love Chinese food & have eaten there before the rehab....but this time it wasnt as good as i would have hoped.
Tokyo Dining is a much better choice.
i went to both in APril w nephews 13 & 15.