PDA

View Full Version : Confusion on early busses for early a.m. adr's

Gregandmel
08-26-2009, 12:16 PM
I'm trying to figure out what happens in the early morning regarding busses if you have early adr's at the park.

We will be staying at POFQ and everything I read states that busses start running 1 hour prior to park opening. HOwever, I also hear that there are other busses that will pick up for early adr's. If we have 8am ressies somewhere and need to hop a bus by @ 7:15am.....how can I be assured that a bus will be by to pick us up? What time should we start waiting at the bus depot??

The info. I read gets me confused. The only place I"ve actually "read" about early busses running is here on INtercot! Help! Thanks !!!!

TheRustyScupper
08-26-2009, 12:23 PM
If we have 8am ressies somewhere and need to hop a bus by @ 7:15am.....how can I be assured that a bus will be by to pick us up? What time should we start waiting at the bus depot??

1) The early buses pull from the barn at 6:45am.
2) So, most get to the first resort on the route by 7:00am.
3) But, some early buses make 1-3 stops on the route.
4) I would be at the bus stop no later than 6:50am, just to make sure.

Mickey 101
08-26-2009, 12:56 PM
Some other tips I've heard are to mention to the CM at your resort front desk that you have an early morning character breakfast on a particular morning to make sure transportation won't be an issue, then mention it to the driver as you board the bus as well. Also, always allow 1-1 1/2 hours on Disney transportation. Have a great trip! :mickey:

Buddy08
08-26-2009, 01:13 PM
I haven't actually done it myself but you could always take a cab to your ADR's. Then you wouldn't have to be waiting 1-1 1/2 hours prior to your reservations. Just a thought:blush:

brian2000boston
08-26-2009, 01:31 PM
Also ask the driver if they can drop you off. For example, we had a 7:05am adr at CM and jumped on the first bus to MK. When we told the driver he dropped us off at the Comtemporary resort on the way to MK. Come to find out when we got there, everyone on the bus was also going to this location. Worked out well for us all!

WDWCrazyKaren
08-27-2009, 09:00 AM
We always make early ADR's for breakfast. Normally we just take a cab. But....if we are trying to get from POR to Beach Club (for example), I'm assuming we need a bus to Epcot (closest to Beach Club) then another bus to Beach Club? If our ADR is at 7:30, what time do you think we should get started? I guess my question should be: Since the Beach Club isn't all that far from POR, should I just shut up and pay the $20 for the cab ride? :blush:

It'sWDW4me
08-27-2009, 09:06 AM
We always make early ADR's for breakfast. Normally we just take a cab. But....if we are trying to get from POR to Beach Club (for example), I'm assuming we need a bus to Epcot (closest to Beach Club) then another bus to Beach Club? If our ADR is at 7:30, what time do you think we should get started? I guess my question should be: Since the Beach Club isn't all that far from POR, should I just shut up and pay the $20 for the cab ride? :blush:

For a 7:30 am ADR from one resort to another... yeah, I'd spring for the cab. POR and BC are pretty close so it may not even cost you $20 (I cabbed from ASSp to OKW for less than $20 in 2007). The wait and travel times for the two busses may prove more costly as far as frayed nerves!

TammiMcMan
08-27-2009, 04:37 PM
We always make early ADR's for breakfast. Normally we just take a cab. But....if we are trying to get from POR to Beach Club (for example), I'm assuming we need a bus to Epcot (closest to Beach Club) then another bus to Beach Club?I think you'd actually have to go to DTD as there is not a bus from Epcot to the BC. I would suggest that you go to the concierge desk at POR and ask about the transportation options. A cab is an easy choice and shouldn't cost very much, but there's also the chance that the POR has their own van available and can drive you over.

bkfree
08-28-2009, 12:04 PM
Every trip we have had early morning ADR's and had no trouble getting a early bus and arriving on time. Really, no bus trip on any trip from any park any time of day or time of year has ever taken more than thirty minute of bus ride time. We always show up at the stop one hour before our ADR and have never been late, even from AKL etc.

I do agree that if you are traveling from resort to resort the easiest is to grab a cab, it only cost us $12 to do this. And it was only necessary to use it one way. We usually went to a park afterwards or if we were returning to our resort we then made an adventure out of mapping a bus route back.

Usually the bus takes you to TTC to catch the monorail to the monorail resorts, but for early ADR's we saw that our bus drove the guests to these resorts instead.

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-28-2009, 08:18 PM
We've never had a problem getting to 8:05am ADR's from POFQ.

We're at the bus stop at 7am, and when going to the MK are often standing waiting for them to open the park to ADR's.

However, if you're trying to go to an other resort (other than the monorail resorts that can be easily accessed from the MK) I would take a cab. Busses to Downtown Disney aren't running yet, so you'll have to head to a themepark, and then transfer, and that is just way to much time and stress for me in the AM.

Dawn,DeniseandDiane
08-28-2009, 10:52 PM
We had a very early breakfast at Chef Mickeys and we took a cab there from the BWI. It was around $8 last year. We found it to be much less a hassle, than having to worry about making it there on time.We were also with a bunch of family who had little ones.Our concierge ordered a cab-van, and we picked up everyone else at the CBR. We have also taken a cab to the GF before when we were running late. It was alot cheaper than we thought and extremely easy too! We hate being late for anything.

Dawn,Denise&Diane:wave::wave::wave: