PDA

View Full Version : Critique my itinerary

Neo Fender
08-26-2009, 12:10 PM
I know. “Vacations” aren’t supposed to require this much thought, planning and they’re supposed to be “relaxing” etc…

Overview: November 2nd – 4th Offsite, 5th – 7th Onsite. Trying to avoid buying Park Hoppers if we can comfortably swing it. Don’t think half of the family will be motivated enough to make any of the EMH Mornings on the 5th – 7th.

Monday, 2 November
Arriving late afternoon/early evening
Primary: Epcot
Secondary: DS
MK and AK are the EMH parks and this is one of two nights during our stay where Fantasmic is “on”

Tuesday, 3 November
Primary: Magic Kingdom (Epcot is the EMH park)

Wednesday, 4 November
Primary: DS (Epcot is the EMH park)

Thursday, 5 November
Primary: AK (MK is the EMH park)
Secondary DS (see note re: Fantasmic above)
Laundry that evening (woo hoo!)

Friday, 6 November
Primary: Epcot
Secondary: AK (it’s the EMH Evening park)
Here’s the quandary: If we use this day for AK, it means we haven’t spent a full day yet at Epcot and we only have one more day remaining, which I’ve planned to spend at MK. Although the three extra evening hours at AK would be cool, I think we can squeak by without it.

Saturday, 7 November
Primary: MK (DS is the EMH park)
Secondary: Epcot

Feedback appreciated.

BMan62
08-26-2009, 12:57 PM
Don't know where you are going with the Primary vs. Secondary listings, but you don't have DS as Primary on one of the two Fantasmic! nights, so you would be shut out if you only hit your primaries.

Without Park Hoppers, if you want to see Fantasmic!, you will need to change your primaries.

Other than that, Wishes and Illuminations should be every night - before MVMCP and after MNSSHP (for Wishes.) You may want to find out when SpectroMagic is, if you are into that, and adjust accordingly.

DisneyFr33k
08-26-2009, 01:01 PM
I LOVE planning. Seeing as you wanted to fit in Fantasmic, I tried to see what would work - especially with you arriving late afternoon the first day.

What do you think about this:

Monday, Nov 2 - Magic Kingdom as it stays open until midnight, beginning your trip with "the place".

Tuesday, Nov 3 - Maybe Epcot if you can bank in on the early morning hours

Wednesday, Nov 4 - Maybe Epcot if you want to stay for their late hours

Thursday, Nov 5 - DHS to see Fantasmic

Friday, Nov 6 - Maybe Animal Kingdom as it stays open until 8pm

Saturday, Nov 7 - Magic Kingdom to end your magical vacation

Or if you wanted to spend 2 days in Epcot, then do it either Tuesday or Wednesday and then Friday. Do AK on the other Tuesday/Wednesday time. I didn't know how badly you wanted to catch Fantasmic. I though either of your plans sounded great!

We are there the week before you - can't wait! :mickey:

Neo Fender
08-26-2009, 01:04 PM
Granted, our seven year old may not tolerate fantasmic. Spectromagic is on for that Wednesday and Saturday.

Don't know where you are going with the Primary vs. Secondary listings, but you don't have DS as Primary on one of the two Fantasmic! nights, so you would be shut out if you only hit your primaries.

Without Park Hoppers, if you want to see Fantasmic!, you will need to change your primaries.

Other than that, Wishes and Illuminations should be every night - before MVMCP and after MNSSHP (for Wishes.) You may want to find out when SpectroMagic is, if you are into that, and adjust accordingly.

Neo Fender
08-26-2009, 01:08 PM
Thank you. We're staying offsite for the first three days so we can't use EMHE at MK for 2 November. Same w/ Epcot on Wednesday.

I LOVE planning. Seeing as you wanted to fit in Fantasmic, I tried to see what would work - especially with you arriving late afternoon the first day.

What do you think about this:

Monday, Nov 2 - Magic Kingdom as it stays open until midnight, beginning your trip with "the place".

Tuesday, Nov 3 - Maybe Epcot if you can bank in on the early morning hours

Wednesday, Nov 4 - Maybe Epcot if you want to stay for their late hours

Thursday, Nov 5 - DHS to see Fantasmic

Friday, Nov 6 - Maybe Animal Kingdom as it stays open until 8pm

Saturday, Nov 7 - Magic Kingdom to end your magical vacation

Or if you wanted to spend 2 days in Epcot, then do it either Tuesday or Wednesday and then Friday. Do AK on the other Tuesday/Wednesday time. I didn't know how badly you wanted to catch Fantasmic. I though either of your plans sounded great!

We are there the week before you - can't wait! :mickey:

DisneyFr33k
08-26-2009, 01:10 PM
Gotcha. If your 7yr old may not tolerate Fantasmic, go with whichever plan of your two you like the best!!

momof3+twins
08-28-2009, 08:33 AM
If you are not getting park hoppers, I would avoid the EMHs. Not sure if that was your plan anyway. But, just me, I think that those days will tend to be busier and you might end up wishing that you had a hopper. We personally don't do the EMH anyway since no one wants to get up that early and the eve hours are too busy early ( and we can't stay that late with kids). I don't feel I lose a thing on the vacation. Good luck!! Oh, and yes you should plan a Disney trip. It is very smart!:thumbsup:

Neo Fender
08-28-2009, 08:35 AM
Yep. If we don't get PHs, we'll try to avoid the EMH parks. Thanks.

If you are not getting park hoppers, I would avoid the EMHs. Not sure if that was your plan anyway. But, just me, I think that those days will tend to be busier and you might end up wishing that you had a hopper. We personally don't do the EMH anyway since no one wants to get up that early and the eve hours are too busy early ( and we can't stay that late with kids). I don't feel I lose a thing on the vacation. Good luck!! Oh, and yes you should plan a Disney trip. It is very smart!:thumbsup:

darthmacho
08-28-2009, 01:04 PM
I know. “Vacations” aren’t supposed to require this much thought, planning and they’re supposed to be “relaxing” etc…

Don't feel bad, I already have a more elaborate itinerary and...

1. We (wife and I) haven't even agreed when we are going.
2. We haven't agreed when we are going.
3. We haven't agreed about how long we are going.
4. We haven't actually agreed to go at all yet! :blush:
5. The chances of us disagreeing on some or all of the aspects of the above list are oh, 99%.

For the record, I came up with the itenerary to help convince my wife to go in August and for 10days, both of which sh'ell dispute without a solid argument. Wish me luck.

As for your itinerary, I think it is cool. Spending much time at MK makes sense, though I'd personally need more time for AK. Epcot is easier to handle broken up into two half days, isn't it? :mickey:

VWL Mom
08-28-2009, 01:43 PM
You may want to keep in mind that the 6th/7th are the final weekend for F&WF which tends to increase the crowd level at Epcot.

Neo Fender
08-28-2009, 01:45 PM
Noted. Thanks.

You may want to keep in mind that the 6th/7th are the final weekend for F&WF which tends to increase the crowd level at Epcot.