PDA

View Full Version : Fw Cabins

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-26-2009, 11:30 AM
Tell me about the cabins at Ft. Wilderness....I'm especially interested in the sleeping arrangements and well, everything else...do you get mousekeeping? do you bring your own linens and towels like at other campgrounds?

blondeinbrandon
08-26-2009, 12:03 PM
You get total Mousekeeping, they even do the dishes for you. :cloud9:
The living room has a Murphy Bed (pulls out of the wall) sleeps 2 adults snuggly. The bedroom has a set of bunkbeds and a full size bed. So you can sleep 6 - but the Murphy Bed and the Full Size bed are snuggly tight for 2.
This is my idea of camping! Basically a wonderful vacation.
:thumbsup:

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-26-2009, 12:06 PM
Thanks for the answer. The bed is a full, not a queen?

Dopey's Girl
08-26-2009, 12:33 PM
I will be at the cabins in 18 days and I can't wait! They are pretty roomy (beds are kinda small...full sized, but oh well), the bathroom is good sized, and the full kitchen comes in really handy! Linens, towels and everything you need will be provided. It's just like a hotel room, except there are 2 rooms, which is great when you are with kids who need naps! You can close the door, and still have room to hang out!

Mousemates
08-26-2009, 01:02 PM
Thanks for the answer. The bed is a full, not a queen?

yep...no queens in the cabins (except for Mrs. Mousemates that is). :)

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-26-2009, 02:24 PM
thanks for all the replies....can anybody tell me about the pools and the location of the laundry facilities...is it easy to drive through the resort? Also, does anyone know the cost of renting the electric carts?

Mater
08-26-2009, 07:10 PM
There are 2 pools at Ft Wilderness. The pool closest to the cabins is the smaller of the two and is very simple; no theming or a slide. The laundry is in the poolhouse.

The main pool, which is next to the trading post, is much larger and has been refurbished very recently with a slide and pretty cool theme.

The only driving you can do at Ft Wilderness is in and out of the resort to your cabin. You can also park very briefly at the trading post, but Ft Wilderness really isn't designed for driving to and from locations within the resort. You'd be better off with a golf cart. They rent for about $50 a day- and they are well worth the cost!

Enjoy your trip!

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-27-2009, 01:46 PM
Thanks a bunch:mickey:

Patricia
08-27-2009, 05:09 PM
You can check out a map of Fort Wilderness here..

http://www.intercot.com/resorts/disney/maps/images/fwcg07.JPG

A Big Kid
08-27-2009, 10:27 PM
You get total Mousekeeping, they even do the dishes for you. :cloud9:
The living room has a Murphy Bed (pulls out of the wall) sleeps 2 adults snuggly. The bedroom has a set of bunkbeds and a full size bed. So you can sleep 6 - but the Murphy Bed and the Full Size bed are snuggly tight for 2.
This is my idea of camping! Basically a wonderful vacation.
:thumbsup:

Isnt there also a couch in the main room?

princessesmom
08-28-2009, 10:57 AM
There is a small couch in the LR along with two small chairs and a coffee table. There is also a dining table that will seat 6 in the front area near the kitchen.

In addition to the laundry room near the smaller pool, there are several laundry rooms throughout the camping loops. The last two times we have stayed, we have been closer to one of those. So depending on where you are staying, there is generally a laundry room fairly close.

We never rent a golf cart, we are a family of 6 and I don't even think we could all fit in one. We have never had a problem getting around with the internal bus system and walking.

kathiep
09-02-2009, 07:00 PM
We just spent 2 days there this past week before checking into CSR. We didn't want to plan our full vacation there, never having stayed there before.

Both my DH & I were more than thrilled with the cabin. Having a full kitchen is a terrific asset. We also liked the separate bedroom with a door!! Makes it easier to get the kids to sleep and still have grown up time. The size of the bathroom was great; it felt very roomy. We also liked the porch out front and the bbq grill. We have family living in the area who always visit us at our resort and this would be ideal. The bed was a little smaller than DH and I are used to sharing but it was not by any means uncomfortable.

We used the internal bus system and really did not have a problem. Generally, the busses came along pretty quickly. We only had one wait that seemed long and that was during prime dinner hours.

Our cabin was extremely close to the quiet pool which was nice for an evening swim.

The only feature we weren't thrilled with was the main pool. It seemed small and crowded but we may have hit it at a bad time. And we don't have the luxury of comparing it before the refurb so it may be 10 times better than it was.

Overall, we'd really like to try a cabin again.

TikiLounger
09-03-2009, 02:49 PM
We loved our cabin stay. There was plenty of room for five people. Mousekeeping was excellent and it was so fun driving the golf cart to the store, the marina, or sightseeing. We loved that we could park the cart (and charge it) at the marina or the main entrance for the day so it would be waiting for us to return to the campground after a day in the parks. Very convenient. The only negative I can think of is that the weather was terrible for our stay and the area outside our cabin looked a bit swampy, but, this really has nothing to do with the campground experience in general. We'd definitely stay in the cabins again.