PDA

View Full Version : Debit card and over the counter service?

DisneyMiMi
08-26-2009, 09:59 AM
I just LOVE - LOVE - LOVE this website - so much information from people who have been there. Great!! Anyway, I am now planning my Oct. trip and I would like to use my debit card primarily - do the over-the-counter type eating places accept these? food carts? Is it better to have cash? Any info would be helpful and thanks inadvance.

It'sWDW4me
08-26-2009, 10:21 AM
For CS meals - Disney will be more than happy to take your money in whatever manner you'd like to give it. :mickey: Yes, cash, credit, debit, Disney Dollars, DDP are all accepted.

I'm not positive on the food carts, though. They do accept DDP and have a card swiper but I'm not sure if it works on the same platform as credit/debit cards. I'm sure someone will soon give you a firm answer on that one.

SBETigg
08-26-2009, 10:40 AM
For quick service, you can use a debit card. Some of the food carts are set up to take them and some aren't.

You may not want to do it, but just so you know that you can-- you can use your debit card to establish charges on your room key. You can set a limit and the card is automatically charged when it reaches that limit, and then you can reset it. I find it especially handy to keep track of purchases because you can get a full printout of your daily spending (where and when and how much) to help track your budget while you're there.

DisneyMiMi
08-26-2009, 11:16 AM
Thanks - I will be staying at Shades of Green and I'm not sure I can charge on my room key with that hotel. I will definitely check. Again, thanks so much.

Disney Doll
08-26-2009, 01:32 PM
We pretty much use plastic exclusively in the parks because it's so easy and we don't have to worry about how much cash to bring. I have yet to find a location that didn't accept credit/debit cards, food carts included.

MickeyandTink
08-26-2009, 04:20 PM
We pretty much use plastic exclusively in the parks because it's so easy and we don't have to worry about how much cash to bring. I have yet to find a location that didn't accept credit/debit cards, food carts included.

Yes, but sometimes the machines go down and it's cash only until they go backup. We usually put everything on our room key, but I always keep about $40 or so in cash just in case the machines aren't working. It hasn't happened often, but I've had it occur a couple of times.

CleveRocks
08-26-2009, 09:51 PM
SoG guests don't have room charging privileges in WDW.

Even the carts accept debit/credit cards. Good suggestion about carrying some cash just in case the systems are down.