PDA

View Full Version : Camera Armor for DSLR

VWL Mom
08-26-2009, 09:40 AM
Last year I purchased the Nikon D60 along with a travel case to use in the parks. Taking it in and out of the case on the last two trips was a pain. I'm considering the Camera Armor for our next trip. Has anyone used this?

BigRedDad
08-26-2009, 10:04 AM
I am not sure of what you are expecting to get out of it. You will either have to lug the camera around on your neck or have it in a bag. The camera armor looks like it is to protect the camera from those nicks and dings.

I have a D40x. I did get a little tired of having to take it in and out of the bag. I learned when I should have it around my neck and when I should have it in the bag.

Bag: queue lines, bathroom, some dining, some rides

Out: Almost all the time. Too many opportunities of missed memories.

Get a good quality neck strap. One that goes over your neck and should tend to be most comfortable for me.

VWL Mom
08-26-2009, 10:21 AM
Basically, I want keep it out more. Like you said, too many missed opportunities taking it in and out. So I'm thinking this should offer some protection, especially around the lens and LCD screen. Then when it is not in use it seems safe enough to just put in my backpack rather than putting it in a case and then the case goes in the pack. Definitely going for a better strap, too.
Thanks.