PDA

View Full Version : Am I insane-Easter week

vamaggie
08-26-2009, 09:38 AM
Kids (and I too) have been itching to get back to the world but with schedules as they are, spring break (week leading up to Easter) is the only possible time. I know, crowds, but how crazy will it be? We've been before (oldest 3 times, youngest twice) so we know what we want to see/do and don't feel like we need to do it all. Will we be swamped with so many people most rides/shows/ ADRs will be too long to wait or do you think it will be ok? If we don't go this year, it will be at least 2011 before we can work it out again. Any insights from folks who've been this week would be helpful.

TIA!!:mickey:

darthmacho
08-26-2009, 11:55 AM
First, you are not crazy. You are trying to get to WDW any way you can, and that's okay. :mickey:

Judging by the prices, it's the hottest (I don't mean temperature, I mean most visited) time of the year in WDW. Not only will you pay through the nose for rooms and airlines, but you will be fighting larger crowds for space in the park.

This is not an argument not to go, just reality.

My advice is that if you can afford it, and that you understand that you need to get to parks early (and I mean early) to get what you want done, and consider alternative activities when the parks are bursting at the seams, than you should go. As long as the trip meets or exceeds your expectations, one should always choose to go if you can.

I'm having a similar dillema. I want to go not during Easter, but during our April vacation a few weeks later. unfortunately the prices are way too high, and now I'm looking at late summer prices with the added risk of hurricane season.

Good luck, I hope this was helpful. :mickey:

#1donaldfan
08-26-2009, 12:21 PM
....yep, however we're all NUTS...:thedolls:

....not really,
anyway, we're looking at the same week, but our tavel agent is killing me with the prices....the first quote we got back just about floored me.....late June, for now, doesn't look much better...I sure hope we start getting some discount offers, otherwise we'll be ushering in a hurricane as well.....we did that once, don't really want to do that again....:mickey:

mdhiggin
08-26-2009, 02:38 PM
IMHO, this is one of the worst times to go unless you don't plan to go to the park. We went and just hung out at our resort, riding surrey bikes, playing mini golf, seeing a movie, etc. Most of the country has the same time frame for spring break and go down then. Even summer would be better. A friend of mine went down during spring break last year and there were several park closings due to capacity during the week. We went May 29-June 6 so the kids didn't have to miss school. We avoided the weekend before due to Memorial Day and our week ended in Gay Days which turn people away also. It made for a wonderful, low crowd trip and our kids didn't have to miss school.

MarkC
08-26-2009, 03:48 PM
I agree with #1donaldfan that we're all nuts on here, but of course in a good way.

We went last year at Christmas and expected the worst. Lo and behold, we got up and got to the park a few minutes before opening. We were able to do everything we wanted by noon with little to no wait, and then go swimming, mini-golfing, etc. Just have a plan and be smart about it. Stay away from the parks in the afternoon- go to a different park in the evening. And remember, when you are at Disney you are still better off than being about anywhere else. I say go. Mark

JohnnyNovo
08-26-2009, 04:06 PM
We went this year the week after Easter. It was insane! We were told the week before and after Easter is the second busiest time of the year. We will not go again. Wait times for rides and food were very long. Lines for the shows were already long about 30min before the show starts. We still made the best of it. Good Luck!

vamaggie
08-26-2009, 05:49 PM
Thanks everybody for the input. I know the prices are crazy but this may be the only time we can get there (sports schedules really make summer and most other vacation times impossible) I am now also thinking a disney cruise may be a way to go (since you can only put so many people on a boat! :) ) My kids love the parks but have also been itching to go on a cruise. Will have to run the numbers and see what shakes out. Thanks again for all the info!!!

jmj18
08-26-2009, 09:45 PM
All I can say is NEVER again! Worst time to go. Lines are horrible...people not the nicest...because the lines are horrible...you get the point.

As much as I LOVE Disney....I will never put myself or my kids thru that again!