PDA

View Full Version : OKW-not DVC

mickeymousedabomb
08-26-2009, 09:30 AM
Q: Can you stay at OKW even if you are not a participating DVC holder? And what do you think of Olivia's, we'd like to eat here one night and never have before. Thanks!

BugeyedMuggy
08-26-2009, 09:40 AM
As long as there is a room available you can stay there. I don't think it would ever be a problem. Don't know about Olivia's tho but I've heard good things about it from others.

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-26-2009, 10:12 AM
Yes, some rooms at the DVC resorts are available for "cash" rentals (by non-DVC holders).

You can also rent points from a DVC member, that would be cheaper than just booking the room through Disney.

Checkers
08-26-2009, 10:13 AM
:mickey:Yes, the public can reserve rooms at the DVC resorts as long as there is availability. As far as Olivia's is concerned, it has been hit or miss for us but we haven't had dinner there for a few years and I have read good reviews since then. Always had good breakfasts & lunches at Olivia's though.

TheRustyScupper
08-26-2009, 12:17 PM
As long as there is a room available you can stay there. I don't think it would ever be a problem. Don't know about Olivia's tho but I've heard good things about it from others.

1) Yes, you can stay there, assuming space available.
2) Olivia's
. . . is good for comfort food
. . . their specialty items have gone down hill
. . . unfortunately, they are affected by DDP
. . . they can't afford to offer the better menu items
. . . the previous menu was really a lot better

g8rgirl29
08-26-2009, 04:33 PM
We have stayed at OKW and we are not DVC members. I love Olivia's!! We have never had a bad meal there. My favorites are the Penne Pasta with Chicken, the Mozzerella & Tomato Salad, the Prime rib, husband loves the plantain wrapped Mahi Mahi. The Key lime tart is their specialty and is great as is the cheesecake with berries. The atmosphere is very laid back and it is a long relaxing meal so if you are in a hurry you may need to let them know.

Maleficent's Dad
08-26-2009, 09:36 PM
1) Yes, you can stay there, assuming space available.
2) Olivia's
. . . is good for comfort food
. . . their specialty items have gone down hill
. . . unfortunately, they are affected by DDP
. . . they can't afford to offer the better menu items
. . . the previous menu was really a lot better
:ditto:
We've stayed at OKW countless times (as DVC members) and nobody knows who is/isn't a DVC member; and quite frankly, no one really cares! We're all there for the same reason.

Olivia's, while it continues to please, was better than it is now. Still, we enjoy the place immensely, although admittedly, the food has slipped a bit.