PDA

View Full Version : 5 days to go

jonahbear2006
08-26-2009, 02:12 AM
120 is how many pairs of socks and pieces underwear I have packed.
60 is the number of zip loc bags I have packed with kids clothing.
3 is the number of days it took to gather up everyone's clothing.
20 is the number of loads of laundry I had to do to be ready for this project.
5 is the number of days until we enter the kingdom, BUT I did it.
I packed 16 sets of clothing, rolled into already ready for the day packs. Bought 2 sterilite locker tubs and packed them with all of these things and dress clothes for our nice dinners. I don't see having to do laundry on vacation. The sad thing, the kids drawers are still stuffed even after I packed. It can be done but I had to go buy more socks for backups. I am tired, very tired. Cannot wait until Check in on the first. Wish us all a safe trip. Thanks for all the ideas and information it took to plan this glorious trip!:mickey: Ears are on...ready to go!

sainter
08-26-2009, 02:20 AM
Congratulations!!! POR is a great place to rest after all that!!
But how many people are going?? 120 pairs of socks??!!!:eek:

pianobabe
08-26-2009, 07:00 AM
I had to go buy more socks for backups.... Wish us all a safe trip....:mickey: Ears are on...ready to go!

I always buy new socks and underwear before vacation. I'm just kind of funny about that. I hope you have a wonderful trip. Be safe and have fun. Tell Mickey I will see him in less than 3 weeks.:mickey:

momof3+twins
08-26-2009, 07:50 AM
Okay, I swear I'm not being rude. I really want to know. I like preparing for the trip.
Why ziploc bags?
And what are the tubs for?

yjgirl32
08-26-2009, 08:08 AM
Wow Have a great time! We leave on the 2nd. Maybe we will bump into each other- we be the group of 9 with all matching shirts- well except on DHS day in which case we will all have Star Wars shirts on. Be safe.

Ms. Mode
08-26-2009, 08:20 AM
Well you're ready to go with days to spare, unless you're driving? I love the road trip :thumbsup:

130 days for us....have fun :mickey:

disneymom15
08-26-2009, 09:28 AM
Have a safe trip. We leave on Sunday, staying at POFQ.

marylynne95
08-26-2009, 09:38 AM
Congrats on getting it all done, now the fun part comes, enjoying your trip!! Have a great time!! 98 days and counting for me!! :cloud9:

jonahbear2006
08-26-2009, 12:54 PM
yes we are driving, from IL. The tubs and the ziplocs are for the clothes. I rolled an outfit for each child for each day; shorts, shirt, underwear, socks. We are staying for 14 days so that is 56 outfits that got rolled and ziploc-ed. This way they wont toss up the tub while finding the outfit they want for the day. I prefer a container to a suitcase since we drive. There are 6 of us so I brought enough socks and underwear for 14 days and then some extras for the days we change for dinner...for that I have dress up clothes that are going to be stored in a zip up dress bag. The intention was to try to do this without doing laundry during the trip. If we end up having to, ok but I think that we just might be able to do this. After disney we drive to NC to see family, we will wash clothes there.

jonahbear2006
08-26-2009, 12:55 PM
Wow Have a great time! We leave on the 2nd. Maybe we will bump into each other- we be the group of 9 with all matching shirts- well except on DHS day in which case we will all have Star Wars shirts on. Be safe.

That would be neat! are you guys going to Mnnshp on the 4th? I will be on the lookout for a big group of matching clothes. wish we couldve done that. we didnt have the clothes and dh was not on board to buy matching shirts. :-(

steamboat willy
08-26-2009, 02:22 PM
I always buy new socks and underwear before vacation. I'm just kind of funny about that. I hope you have a wonderful trip. Be safe and have fun. Tell Mickey I will see him in less than 3 weeks.:mickey:

After disney we drive to NC to see family, we will wash clothes there.

We Leave in 11 Days From NC. I have already bought socks, so I should be good to go. We are also staying 14 Days. Our LONGEST ever, except for the 70's when I stayed for 6 years.
Sounds like our stays will overlap and we will all return to NC. Have GREAT TIMES and a BOO TO YOU lishous time at MNSSHP. We are going our last night on 9/18. Going home to after work to lay out a few more socks....I HATE socks!
Greetings From Salisbury.....Boo To You.

jonahbear2006
08-26-2009, 02:44 PM
Sounds fantastic! We will be driving to cherry point. We have family there. I am wanting to spend a day at the beach sometime during the trip. Should I do that in NC, when our time isn't so precious? do you know of a good beach that is close to us or should we do a Fl beach. If we do FL, we will go to Siesta Key where the sand is like powdered sugar!!! My family is new military to the area, they dont know much about it yet.

mickeys_princess_mom
08-26-2009, 09:40 PM
Hope you all have a great time! I'm jealous you're going so soon! :wave:

steamboat willy
08-26-2009, 09:53 PM
As much as I love our Carolina Coast, I'd do the powdered sugar Florida Beach. Easier access, warmer tempertures and much flater, wider beaches for a day trip.
Wrightsville and Carolina Beach are both close to Wilmington NC, but you need to know where to go for access.
You also drive closest to Daytona Beach which you can drive on where I-4 and I-95 intersect on your drive back.
Myrtle Beach SC if also on the way to Cherry Point, not far from the NC line.
So many choices. Water Water everywhere. :cool:

momof3+twins
08-27-2009, 02:43 PM
I'm totally into the ziploc and tub idea. Have you tried this before? Do you unpack or just live out of the tubs? I am very interested in this!:thumbsup:

PETE FROM NYC
08-27-2009, 04:08 PM
I will be ther at the nsshp on the 4th.
If you see a fat guy w/ a camo shirt on a ECV , thats me.
Say hello

jonahbear2006
08-27-2009, 04:31 PM
I'm totally into the ziploc and tub idea. Have you tried this before? Do you unpack or just live out of the tubs? I am very interested in this!:thumbsup:

I have used tubs before and I like it better. We have grown fond to the idea of, shop for what works, not for what the store sells for that purpose. Waterproof, bugs are less drawn to it, and just makes more sense; esp. since sometimes we camp and who needs suitcases to camp.I have it set up to where we wont have to unpack. The four outfits for the kids for each day are laid out in order so we can just open it and grab what we need; no digging. These also have latches, a handle, wheels, and a place to lock it if you want. you can see them on sterilites website.They are called a locker. We have done ziplocs before but not to this extent. Last year we didnt and clean clothes ended up dirty somehow without being worn, so with 4 kids I think this is the way to go! :thumbsup:

jonahbear2006
08-27-2009, 04:32 PM
I will be ther at the nsshp on the 4th.
If you see a fat guy w/ a camo shirt on a ECV , thats me.
Say hello

Sure will! hope to see you there!!:mickey:

momof3+twins
08-27-2009, 04:56 PM
I am loving this even more...no unpacking!! YAY! You just saved me a couple of hours. And it is good to know it works with 4 kids ( I have 5)!!:mickey:

disneykid@hrt
08-27-2009, 04:57 PM
The tubs are genius! I have the ones that are thin enough to fit in my luggage... Plus I just read the thread about the bugs!!!

I always buy new socks when we go anywhere! A pack for each of us. I love new socks!:mickey:

44 Days... I want to start packing now!

momof3+twins
08-27-2009, 05:14 PM
Where did you get the tub at? I saw it on the website. But, I am looking all over this crazy internet and not finding it!:blush:
Thanks!!

jonahbear2006
08-27-2009, 07:52 PM
Found the Tub at walmart. IF you cant find it there, you can gain the sku off of an internet site, and call around. Other places you might look are lowes and menards. They carry a lot of storage materials.

momof3+twins
08-27-2009, 10:08 PM
Thanks!! Have a fun and safe trip!!:thumbsup:

jonahbear2006
08-27-2009, 11:37 PM
thank you very much! I am praying for that, myself!

momof3+twins
08-28-2009, 08:26 AM
It is always stessfull as a parent when you are taking a long trip with the kids. I think you said you live in IL, we are in MO so I know that it is some ride. But, I think you will feel better once you get going!! Have a great time!!