PDA

View Full Version : I need immediate help, magical express question!!

alliekat
08-25-2009, 11:12 PM
I am leaving in the morning and when my husband went to put on our DME tags, there were only 4 in the envelope. In the past we have always gotten 8. We tried to call, but there was no one there to help us until after 8 am. Has this ever happened to anyone? We have 5 bags in total so I need 1 more tag. Please help I am in a panic.

xrayvision
08-25-2009, 11:54 PM
Magical Express only sends 1 luggage tag per person now, unless more are requested, due to airline charges for baggage.

NotaGeek
08-26-2009, 12:05 AM
I don't think there's anyway to fix this since you will won't have the tag before you leave ... just put the tags on the heavier bags and the 1 that has no tag pick it up in luggage claim and carry it with you on DME, you can check that bag at the resort and they will deliver it when your room is ready later in the day. Don't panic, it's an easy fix! :mickey:

Have a great time at WDW!

MuchLovedMama
08-26-2009, 02:34 PM
I'm sure that my reply is too late but is one of them small enough to qualify as a carry-on???

Ed
08-26-2009, 02:38 PM
Moral of the story: Don't wait until the last moment to check the contents of the envelope. :thumbsup:

jonahbear2006
08-26-2009, 02:50 PM
i agree. find one to use as a carry on. you can use a rather large bag as a carry on. my mom carrys on all of her luggage and never checks anything. she just uses a bag that qualifies and takes advantage of the personal item for her and dad.

CleveRocks
08-26-2009, 10:13 PM
No worries. You DO NOT have to go get that untagged bag.

When you check in at the Disney Welcome Center at the airport, they will ask how many bags you tagged. Tell them you tagged 4 but have 1 bag you didn't tag. They'll ask you for your baggage claim check numbers as well as a physical description of the bag.

They will then dispatch a cast member to go to baggage claim and clain that bag for you. The CM will take the bag back behind-the-scenes in the airport and will print out a DME tag for the bag (it will be whote, not the usual yellow). The CM will then take the bag to the nearest DME baggage collection site, where it will then be a part of all the rest of the DME luggage.

Then the bag will then be brought to Disney's baggage sorting facility on the grounds of the airport, where bags are sorted by zone and then by resort, and then are loaded into cages and onto delivery trucks bound for the resorts.

In short, you don't have to claim the bag that doesn't have the DME tag. PROMISE!

This isn't just my opinion and it isn't a guess ... it's official DME policy and it's been that way since Day One over 4 years ago.

No worries. :thumbsup:

AmandaChan
08-27-2009, 01:59 AM
Probably too late but you're just going to have to pick up the additional luggage at the the luggage pick up when you get off the plane and take it on the magical express with you.

CleveRocks
08-27-2009, 11:02 PM
Probably too late but you're just going to have to pick up the additional luggage at the the luggage pick up when you get off the plane and take it on the magical express with you.Not true. See above.:mickey:

mdricks
08-28-2009, 01:25 PM
In addition to CleveRocks...

Put a completely obnoxious ribbon or something on the bag and take a picture of it. Give the picture to the ME people.

CleveRocks
08-28-2009, 09:17 PM
Put a completely obnoxious ribbon or something on the bag and take a picture of it. Give the picture to the ME people.

Great idea! On May 7, 2005, just the third day DME was in existence, I was leaving the next day and still hadn't received my tags. I called DME directly, and a CM suggested putting a completely obnoxious ribbon on each bag, and then bringing a swatch of that ribbon to give to the folks at the DME counter.

We did ORANGE with PURPLE POLKA DOTS. My eyes are still burning.

alliekat
09-03-2009, 09:54 PM
Moral of the story: Don't wait until the last moment to check the contents of the envelope. :thumbsup:

How true, how true, that is why I will never let my husband be in charge of this again, LOL, I let him do it this time, no more of that!

Thank you all for your concern and help. We chose to check the bag and pick it up ourselves, it took an extra 15 min., but it was all good. Some family came in at the end of the week and did what others suggested and just had ME get the extra bags. They had no problems those two bags arrived about 2 hours after the rest of the luggage, so either way seemed to work.