PDA

View Full Version : "Double Discount" FYI

kdkhopper
08-25-2009, 04:03 PM
I had booked trip for this December using the room-only discount at All-Star Music. I really had my heart set on Port Orleans French Quarter, but no such luck. Anyway, I called yesterday just to check again on POFQ availability and was told that I could upgrade to a package including the DDP at the same room rate as the room-only discount. I declined because I hardly ever eat at TS restaurants, preferring to graze my way through my days. But, I just wanted to let ya'll know that they were offering this option, at least for the next little while.

BIGDOG
08-25-2009, 04:33 PM
I would call back if I was you to stay at the POFQ for the same price as ASM and have free dining? You can use the TS meals at the counter service if you like? I do not know maybe I am missing somthing here??

PetefromRI
08-25-2009, 04:43 PM
I agree with TOYMAN357.Unless I'm missing something here,go with the free DDP and enjoy.If you don't want the regular DDP maybe they'll give you the QSDP and if they don't then you can just exchange the TS for a QS.

vicster
08-25-2009, 04:49 PM
Absolutely take the free dining!!!

bcornette
08-25-2009, 05:27 PM
do you know the room only discount code you used initially?

caryrae
08-25-2009, 05:41 PM
Why pass on free food? You get 1 Table Service, 1 Quick Service and 1 snack per day with the standard dining plan. Since it wouldn't cost any extra you could just use the QS and snack and at least save some money on food.

Belster
08-25-2009, 09:40 PM
Take the upgrade!

poohbearkris
08-26-2009, 08:20 AM
Get the dining plan. I would think you would at least use the snacks and some counter services. And you can trade in your table services for different Disney items at the gift shops I think. YOu can only win with this deal. ANd POFQ is great.

SurferStitch
08-26-2009, 08:25 AM
That's an excellent deal, if that's really how it works. We book room-only with the discount, too, but the free dining offering wasn't really free...we would have paid more for the room, so it was kind of a wash. We stuck with the room-only discount and the Tables in Wonderland dining discount card.

If that free dining offer really doesn't increase your room cost, you should really take it.

kdkhopper
08-26-2009, 10:44 AM
To clarify: I was basically offered a Magic Your Way package incorporating the room-only rate discount. I was NOT offered free dining - I think I would've fainted dead away if that were the case!! The cast member said it's "like getting a double discount" because you can save money with the DDP. However, I rarely eat at TS restaurants and don't spend much money on meals, preferring to graze my way through my days. Also, this is a solo trip. Now, if I were taking my family, I would definitely upgrade to the package!