PDA

View Full Version : Infant at WDW parks

ANG
08-25-2009, 03:51 PM
I'm sure this has been asked many times, so thanks for any info.

We'll be going to WDW next month. What rides/shows can infants go on? I'll be using a baby carrier.

I love the shows but I'm not sure DS can handle some of them with the loud noises and smoke/scents, etc.

Gator
08-25-2009, 04:00 PM
I took my DD when she was 7 months to DL. It was tough at times, but it made our future trips way better. She really loved the characters, shows, and fireworks when we went to WDW at 18 months.

Besides...going to WDW is all about you, right? So go, knowing that your little one is free, and don't get too upset when a nap is needed.

ANG
08-25-2009, 04:03 PM
Oh it's totally for us haha

I'm just wondering what rides/shows/attractions are okay for babies?

Strmchsr
08-25-2009, 04:40 PM
Babies are allowed on anything that doesn't have a height restriction. However, every baby's temperament is different. For some kids even the IASW ride would be too much while others could go on the Great Movie Ride with no problems. So, it's okay for you to take your infant wherever there's no restriction (check Info Central for all restricted rides) but only you know your child's ability to handle the various experiences.

crazypoohbear
08-25-2009, 05:37 PM
I'm not sure if you will be able to bring the baby carrier on some of the rides i.e. we took my 7 week old nephew on Buzz, my sister held him while the 3 year old shot the guns. You would not be able to get a carrier on this ride with the lap bar. So that kind of ride might make it harder. Plus keep in mind that those carriers get very heavy very quickly.
Might I suggest a sling type carrier if possible. Or even a back pack carrier that you could remove the child from and hold on the rides.

Donald
08-25-2009, 06:49 PM
My son loved the backpack carrier at WDW. He was able to see everything (not the backs of peoples legs) and had nothing but huge smiles the entire time!

Don't forget about the baby centers. They come in handy when you want to feed your son, or change a diaper. They have a lot of supplies there for purchase if you forget or run out of something. BTW they have private breast feeding rooms if you need one. :mickey:

tcswife
08-25-2009, 10:53 PM
I took my 3 month old on everything she was allowed to get on and she never even whimpered!!! She is not 7 months awe will be back in the World in 23 days so we shall see if her temperament has changed!!!

At home she has always been very skid-dish and timid but nothing phased her there, not even the fireworks. She slept through them every night!!!:mickey:

Disney4us2
08-26-2009, 01:29 AM
I went to Disneyland with DD when she was 3 months old. I took her on Jungle Cruise, Small World Etc. She didn't fuss over the rides.... only fussed from colic.

I started her full time as a passholder when she was 15 months.... and now she is 9 and loves all the WDW and DLR attractions.

She did just fine... so will you... have fun & enjoy:mickey:

Susan A
08-26-2009, 10:25 PM
I saw someone bring an infant carrier on to Pirates of the Caribbean.
I would skip theater shows due to the volume and the mist and smoky sprays.
Good choices are Small World, Peter Pan, Winnie the Pooh, Snow White.
I wonder if an infant would become dizzy on a ride like Dumbo or the Carousel?
:mickey: