PDA

View Full Version : Plan TS for Noon or Evening?

mickeys_princess_mom
08-25-2009, 10:00 AM
Reading the post about when the December hours will be posted so we can use them as a guide for ADR's...What do most of you plan to do....have a big meal TS for lunch or dinner? Is it easier to get them for lunch? I was just thinking in that case it wouldn't matter about the EMH's that much...DH was open to walking off our noon meal, because his first time doing Dining Plan, he was ready for a nap after the evening meals, which meant we didn't stay out too late very often.:(

dnickels
08-25-2009, 09:12 PM
I'm sure someone more knowledgeable than I will be along to help, but one thing that seems to have stuck in my mind from following the forums here is that using TS credits for lunch instead of dinner is not a very good use of the dining plan financially. Basically if you use them on lunch instead of dinner you're going to end up paying more for the DDP than you would if you'd just paid out of pocket.

*again not sure that's correct, but I feel like I remember reading that on here more than once.

mickeys_princess_mom
08-25-2009, 09:52 PM
I'm sure someone more knowledgeable than I will be along to help, but one thing that seems to have stuck in my mind from following the forums here is that using TS credits for lunch instead of dinner is not a very good use of the dining plan financially. Basically if you use them on lunch instead of dinner you're going to end up paying more for the DDP than you would if you'd just paid out of pocket.

*again not sure that's correct, but I feel like I remember reading that on here more than once.
Hmmm... Never thought of that...will look into it. For some reason we always just booked dinners automatically...

SBETigg
08-25-2009, 10:07 PM
Having a big meal at noon really makes me want to nap, not enjoy the parks. Normally, having my bigger meals earlier in the day is a wise strategy. But at Disney, my meals are slightly larger than my normal and this really slows down a day. I like to plan my meals for later so as not to miss out on the prime part of the day.

mickeys_princess_mom
08-25-2009, 11:14 PM
. But at Disney, my meals are slightly larger than my normal and this really slows down a day..
That's for sure! DD was saying recently that after a week or so on the Dining Plan, we go home and look around the table for the rest of the fancy meal. Where's dessert? We had dessert every night at Disney?!!
LOL!