PDA

View Full Version : Birthday at AKL

Menai2WDW
08-25-2009, 08:51 AM
We arrive at AKL on the day of my DW's birthday. I have ADR at Jiko but have made no other plans. Our flight doesn't get in until 2pm so I expect it will not be until be around 4pm we arrive at the resort.

My question is - Is there something special I should have been arranging or should I be making any special requests? We are staying on the Concierge level and they have e-mailed saying to let them know if there is anything we need help with.

I'm not great at this sort of thing and don't want to her to miss out on something special to celebrate her birthday just because I didn't organise properly!

Any help or suggestions would be gratefully received:blush:

Ms. Mode
08-25-2009, 11:24 AM
Sweet :thumbsup:

Remember that this year you get park entry free on your birthday. :mickey:

TammiMcMan
08-25-2009, 11:31 AM
The Disney Florist does some beautiful floral arrangements and with your late arrival to the club level, they may be able to put your order in the room for you. The club level pre-planners can assist you with making a spa appointment for your wife, or maybe setting up a private dinner out on your balcony. If she has a favorite character, you can ask about a birthday card signed by that character. Have you looked into the sunrise or sunset safari? The sunrise is exclusive to guests staying on the club level and it's definitely a great experience.

If you have a thorough pre-planner helping you out, you can let that person know it's your wifes birthday and see if they have any suggestions.

Menai2WDW
08-27-2009, 07:30 AM
Thanks for your replies.

The flowers sound like a great idea. She will be amazed - the first time in 12 years of marriage I have organised a surprise like that. I hope she doesn't come to expect it!

LauraF
08-27-2009, 08:40 AM
Speaking for most women, we don't expect it, so that's why it's such a big deal when our sweeties do things like that for us. :D

Make sure you get her a birthday pin to wear around the parks. Having all the CMs wish you a happy birthday always made my day!