PDA

View Full Version : Grocery Shopping Question

nic98omo
08-24-2009, 11:38 PM
I needed to shop for groceries while at WDW. There will be 6 of us and we're staying at AKV. I saw that there was an Aldi and Sams Club on Orange Blossom Trail. But its a 20 minute drive plus tolls. Is it worth the drive or is the Walmart or Publix nearby a better idea? I didn't know if they were more expensive since they were closer and catered to tourists.

LuvDaDuckMost
08-25-2009, 01:30 AM
There is a huge Walmart nearby. I've been to it. Unfortunately, I don't remember the street it is on but it is down the street from the Walgreens. You can google Walmart in the Buena Vista area and it should come up. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Pooh Fan
08-25-2009, 06:57 AM
We spent 2 weeks off site in Feb/March of this year and did all of our shopping at WalMart. Found the prices to be OK and certainly a lot cheaper than eating out for every meal. I think you would eat up any savings by traveling to the other stores in gas and tolls. Not to mention the added time away from the Parks!

MidnTPK
08-25-2009, 09:11 AM
Take a look at this thread (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=154334).

Zeike
08-25-2009, 09:56 AM
We went in may 2008 with 3 kids, we ordered our groceries online at gardengrocer.com and it was great having all at our room when we arrived. The pricing was not that bad considering the convenience of the service.

Just another option for making the trip easier for big families. Hope you have a great trip!!