PDA

View Full Version : Face Painting?

Wrigley
08-24-2009, 04:06 PM
I was just wondering if there are places to get your face painted at DW? My DD is very into getting her face painted lately at the local festivals, and would like to know where we can get this done on vacation. Also, if they do have face painting, how much is it? Thanks so much!:mickey:

T--
08-24-2009, 04:09 PM
Yes there are. My son got his painted in toon town back in '05 for about 10 or 15 bucks.

Strmchsr
08-24-2009, 04:42 PM
:ditto: There's a facepainting store in Toontown located right next to the Barnstormer and across from Pete's Garage (the restrooms).

MuchLovedMama
08-24-2009, 06:35 PM
There was a place back in one of the countries at Epcot as well. It was about $10-$15 if I remember correctly.

wildernesslady
08-25-2009, 08:44 AM
There is also a stand in AK just outside the entrance to the safari ride.

DisneyAddict62
08-25-2009, 09:49 AM
My kids love this as well. We have used the one in Toontown and last time they got painted in Downtown Disney. My son got a fantastic Captain Jack face with all the eyes down his cheeks! It was great! My daughter was a pretty glittery butterfly! They all do a fantastic job!

DisneyFr33k
08-25-2009, 10:09 AM
There is one in Hollywood Studios near the Star Tours/Jedi Training area as well.

joelkfla
08-25-2009, 11:29 AM
Here is the official list:

Face Painting Kiosk are available in the following locations:

Magic Kingdom

Mickey's ToonTown Fair: Pete's Paint & Body Shop - Give Your Face a Toon-Up!
Epcot

At Village Traders between China and Germany
Disney's Hollywood Studios™

Across from Backlot Express
On Streets of America
Disney's Animal Kingdom

Hut outside of Tusker House Restaurant
Disney's BoardWalk

Across from the ESPN Club on the boardwalk (5:30pm-10:30pm)
Downtown Disney Marketplace

On the promenade in front of Team Mickey Athletic Club
Face painting is also part of the new Pirates League at the MK. Pirates League prices start at $49.95 + tax.

TheVBs
08-25-2009, 12:09 PM
Thanks for the list! We got this done at the Village Traders in Epcot a couple years ago. The guy was super fast and the girls looked gorgeous! :mickey:

Maleficent's Dad
08-25-2009, 11:13 PM
Disney's BoardWalk
There is sadly, no longer any face painting at the Boardwalk. They stopped it a few years ago. :(

MonoMan
08-26-2009, 02:35 PM
In February my son had it done twice - different places have different options - I recall the cost being around $20 - with us giving the CM a tip.
They did a great job. The location in ToonTown was definitely the busiest location.

mymickeymouse
08-27-2009, 12:46 AM
a little off subject, but 4 years ago, my wonderful 12 year old daughter and i made a dad and daughter trip to WDW; on our last day, not wanting to leave and have a once in a lifetime trip end, we park hopped back and forth. we were at
Epcot in the early afternoon, near the small African exhibit just past China, when my daughter spied a Castmember doing face painting; we saw a picture of Tink, and we said, almost simultaneously, "i/ you have to get that". She went to bed that night without a shower, so she could wear her face paint home on the plane the next day; that was one among so many firsts about that trip, so many things i never want to forget. i wish all dads and their little girls could experience the joy of one another's company as me and mine did for those precious few days.

agravette
08-27-2009, 10:12 AM
What an awesome story! My husband and our daughter are really close like that.

We are hoping to do face painting this year too. Does anyone know which face painting designs are offered for free at Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party?