PDA

View Full Version : Mom's Club Party @ Epcot

OogieBoogieMan
08-24-2009, 02:46 PM
My wife got an e-mail about 10 days ago that said she was invited to a Mom's Club party at Epcot the night of the 23rd and that if she could make it to respond. Since we planned to be here on vacation we figured why not give it a shot. We weren't sure what to expect, perhaps a reserved area for Illuminations, the confirmation we received a week later just said to check in at 8:00 at the entrance to the World Showcase.

It turns out the whole thing was very nice. They held a reception in the space they use for Party of the Senses next to the UK. There were desserts and soft drinks, pretty much all the soda, cookies, rice krispy treats, Mickey Premium Bars, Mickey Ice Cream Sandwiches, preztels and popcorn you could eat. My oldest thought he died and went to heaven and the little ones were happy as well! It was set up very nicely, I took a few pictures and will try to post them when I get back.

Afterwards they roped off the area near the entrance to the World Showcase for a reserved viewing of the fireworks. It was a really nice suprise and much more than we expected.

If at some point you get an invitation, accept it!

Imagineer1981
08-24-2009, 03:25 PM
very cool...I hope we get one!

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-24-2009, 03:57 PM
That sounds just lovely!

I got the invite, but since we weren't going to be in the World we couldn't take advantage of it.

Glad to hear you had a great time :bar:

ILoveLegos
08-24-2009, 04:06 PM
Ditto, missed it by a week, ugh! Glad to hear it was very nice though!

VWL Mom
08-24-2009, 04:15 PM
Sounds nice, glad you could take advantage of it.

mousetrapper
08-24-2009, 05:21 PM
I received the invitation too and really wished I could be there! Nice to hear it was well-done in the great Disney tradition! My family would have been so impressed if we had been able to participate.

I believe you had to RSVP for the event, so I guess they were able to track who showed interest. Did they check you in or register you when you and your family arrived? I'm just wondering if they're planning on using the information in some way (future promotions, tracking purporses, etc.). Just my public relations professional's mind at work...!

barbiegirl314
08-27-2009, 02:14 PM
Where did the invite originate from? Do you need to be staying at a Disney resort? We usually stay at timeshare when we go so I wonder if that means I have 0% chance of getting one.

BMan62
08-27-2009, 03:08 PM
Where did the invite originate from? Do you need to be staying at a Disney resort? We usually stay at timeshare when we go so I wonder if that means I have 0% chance of getting one.

You have to be a member of the Mom's Club - those persons who applied for the Mom's Panel and did not make it to the end. It has nothing to do with a stay or visit to the parks.

r4kids
08-28-2009, 11:36 AM
I got an invite and was so excited but hen I looked at the date and realized we won't be there yet. Oct. 3- 11 is when will be down in Disney so I couldn't go :(

Tinkerbella16
08-28-2009, 10:21 PM
I got the invite also, but won't be in wdw until November, but it seemed like a nice thing they were doing.

Glad you enjoyed yourselves! Its the little things like that, that disney does to make their guests enjoy a treat every now and then while on vacation! :mickey: