PDA

View Full Version : Which "pool view" section at AKL??

Dsnygirl
08-24-2009, 12:06 PM
We are staying at AKL for the first time in October, and requested a pool-view room.

I have heard that these rooms are either wonderful or terrible, depending on where you end up....

.... so, any advice on where to request?? We don't really care whether we're on the ground floor and can walk out to the pool or not... esp. since I've heard of people both loving that option and hating it, based on bugs and noise levels.

So -- any room areas that we should try to request??

:thanks:

offwego
08-24-2009, 03:02 PM
Blythe, the rooms curve around the pool in a U shape, I think the best thing is to think about what you want (ie near a elevator) or don't want (say to be on the top floor or adjacent to the restaurants perhaps) and do it that way. For all of me I've never quite gotten what we asked for but it works (though I did turn down an upgrade to prefered at pop as what we wanted was close to a quiet pool which they gave to us happily)

At any rate bad and good are so subjective...someone somewhere would have loved my VWL for its privacy though I hated it for being so reminicent of the shining movie)

Dsnygirl
08-24-2009, 03:31 PM
Blythe, the rooms curve around the pool in a U shape, I think the best thing is to think about what you want (ie near a elevator) or don't want (say to be on the top floor or adjacent to the restaurants perhaps) and do it that way. For all of me I've never quite gotten what we asked for but it works (though I did turn down an upgrade to prefered at pop as what we wanted was close to a quiet pool which they gave to us happily)

At any rate bad and good are so subjective...someone somewhere would have loved my VWL for its privacy though I hated it for being so reminicent of the shining movie)

:crazy: WHAT are you doing answering me while you're on vaca at WDW????? ;) Not that I mind seeing you -- I'm lonely at our home site -- but you were the LAST person I expected to hear from on here this week. :D

Thanks for posting -- and go ride Splash for me, okay?? :cool:

passholderryan
08-24-2009, 04:06 PM
I was lucky enough to stay on the top floor for a couple of nights and loved the view. They asked if we wanted an animal view, but my wife and I are partyers and requested the pool view. Can't wait to do it again.

bkfree
08-25-2009, 05:43 PM
Recently stayed at AKL and I do not remember rooms around the pool at ground level that you can walk out of straight to the pool.
One side of the pool is surrounded by vegatation and the hot tub and play ground, the otherside by the bar and another hot tub, third side by Mara, arcade and Simba Club and the 4th side by the walkway from the hotel, Mara seating, Boma, Jiko and a Spa that was being built. Where are the poolside rooms?
Or maybe you meant pool view and not pool level.

We were upgraded for free to a Savannah room and that was the most awesome thing ever. For us it was way better than being around the pool/playground area.

Our kids were mesmerized by having zebras, giraffes, Ostriches and many other animals right outside the balcony.