PDA

View Full Version : WDW or DL???

emmetlovesmaleficent
08-24-2009, 11:50 AM
i loved dl but wdw is bigger. dl is older. wbu? xcuse me if im repeating!!

Marceline
08-24-2009, 01:51 PM
I think they both have equal value but for different reasons.

I love DL for the fact that it's the original and Walt walked there. It has a quaint and more like Marceline, MO Mainstreet, which I love. Some rides are better in DL, like POTC, SpaceMt., IASW, and a fully realized Toontown, IMHO. I like how they are really trying to expand it into a resort destination by upgrading DCA. Plus, a trip to DLR can be cheaper depending on where you stay and the outside of property activities are cool too, like the beach.:thumbsup:

WDW is however more of an all inclusive vacation destination. It's easier to just stay put on property for a week or more and never need to leave. The resort hotels are groovy to visit all by themselves. More parks, more dining options, lots of recreation choices....and there is only one EPCOT on the planet.:thumbsup: Comparing MK to MK, some rides are better in WDW as well.....Spsh Mt., TJC, BTMRR, and the castle is gloriously huge and impressive here. :mickey:

So personally, I am torn. Unfortunately I will just have to alternate years. WDW this year, DLR next, WDW the year after that, DLR after that......ahhhh the pains of life. :D

NotaGeek
08-24-2009, 03:29 PM
I think it's like comparing apples and oranges. There is no reason to try and decide which is better ... they are completely different and both are great for different reasons.

emmetlovesmaleficent
08-24-2009, 04:07 PM
i guess ur right. i love dls tower of terror when u look in mirror! roger rabbit, pinocchio, and mr toad! the princess fair...and characters. other than that wdw has more 2 offer. the river rapids r also better in dl. it just ran out of room!

robnadina
08-24-2009, 04:08 PM
I think it's like comparing apples and oranges. There is no reason to try and decide which is better ... they are completely different and both are great for different reasons.

I agree with this. Both parks are special in their own right. :mickey: