PDA

View Full Version : Adding on questions

luvDaMouse
08-24-2009, 11:41 AM
I am thinking about adding on to my DVC I own 175 pts at AKV with a Dec use year. I will go with Disney rather than an outside company. Is there a min amount of points to add on if I need it financed? will I have to make a seperate payment every month for the add on or will they add it to my current monthly payment? Do you know what the current rate per point for AKV is? and If there are any incentives for adding on right now? Sorry for so many questions but is there anything else I should know about adding on?
Thanks in advance for any help you can give me!
Dana:mickey:

Ian
08-24-2009, 01:55 PM
Is there a min amount of points to add on if I need it financed?Yes. You have to buy a minimum of 25 points for an all-cash purchase and 50 points if you're financing.

Will I have to make a seperate payment every month for the add on or will they add it to my current monthly payment?No. They add the new points on to your current contract and it all comes out as one payment.

Do you know what the current rate per point for AKV is and if there are any incentives for adding on right now?I'm not sure what the current incentives are, but not long ago it was $8 per point at AKV plus some other goodies (gift card, etc.). I think the cost per point is somewhere in the mid-to-high $90's.

Sorry for so many questions but is there anything else I should know about adding on? No need to apologize ... that's why we're here! And yes ... one more thing ... make sure you get the same use year! Although if you're buying from Disney, that shouldn't be an issue.

luvDaMouse
08-24-2009, 03:31 PM
:thumbsup: Thank you! now just have to talk DH into it and I will be set;)

Mushu11756
08-25-2009, 04:39 PM
They just ended the cruise promo! We added on 125 pts at AKV. We took the 4 day cruise so the price per point was different then the normal price structure.

From what I remember the cost is 112 per point. 25-99 you get a $13 discount bringing it down to 99 a point. 100 to 124 you get $21 off bringing it down to $91 per point. Then there was another for 125 pts plus. You keep the same use year but we got a different contract number since this is a second home resort. I'm not sure if you'll get the same or different since your adding on at same resort.

Also if your adding on you'll get approved right away and the finance charge will be cheaper, also no closing costs.

Good Luck:thumbsup: