PDA

View Full Version : Bibbity Boppity Boutique?

PS1211
08-24-2009, 07:39 AM
Hi, all! I've been to Disney many, many times, but July 2010 will be my first time with my own child. :) We're planning a trip with our three year old daughter, and she's a total princess freak!

My question is about the Bibbity Bobbity Boutique. Has anyone done it? I know once she sees all of the other little girls walking around the park in their princess dresses, she's going to want the makeover, too....but other friends who have gone with little girls have told me it's crazy expensive, and they bought their girls' princess dresses from home and just did a partial makeover at the boutique. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Patti

Emme&TeddysMommy
08-24-2009, 08:12 AM
:welcome: to Intercot!

We are going in September with a 3 year old we are allowing her to go to BBB. I went on Disney on-line and already purchased her costume/outfit. It's similar to the outfits offer at BBB (if not the same ones offered in the botique) and the kicker is I got it 1/2 price on sale. So she will be getting her hair, make-up, and nails done. She will get to be a princess for about 1/2 the price. :mickey:

JCDarzi
08-24-2009, 08:55 AM
We love BBB. If you want to save some money, definitely bring your own princess outfit.

We've done the castle package (with outfit) a couple of times and the only difference is the following...

A fairy godmother in training will ask what princess and size. They will place the outfit, shoes & accessories in a dressing room. You go in the dressing room with your daughter and change to the princess outfit. From there, it's the same.

There's very little difference between the WDW princess dresses and the ones at the Disney Store. Maybe a little more sparkle and pouf but not much.

Hope you have a great trip.

Checkers
08-24-2009, 09:34 AM
We love BBB. If you want to save some money, definitely bring your own princess outfit.

We've done the castle package (with outfit) a couple of times and the only difference is the following...

A fairy godmother in training will ask what princess and size. They will place the outfit, shoes & accessories in a dressing room. You go in the dressing room with your daughter and change to the princess outfit. From there, it's the same.

There's very little difference between the WDW princess dresses and the ones at the Disney Store. Maybe a little more sparkle and pouf but not much.

Hope you have a great trip.

:mickey:Same here. For my 3 yr. old granddaughter we did the whole package and it was wonderful (birthday gift), however, on a subsequent visit we just did the hair, nail package (brought our own dress) and it was just as wonderful. I highly recommend the BBB for any little princess.

cmshelton1979
08-24-2009, 11:15 AM
We bought dresses at the Disney Store and they were nicer than the ones we saw down at BBB. My wife also did the hair and make up and added sparkles and glitter. We didn't want them wearing the princess shoes because we were down there last year and this little girl had really bad blisters and we did not want ours to go through that. So we bought them glittery tennis shoes, you couldn't really see them anyways since the girls dresses draped over the shoes.

We got so many compliments on the dresses and people wanted to know if we had taken the girls to the BBB, they were disappointed to find out that my wife did it all.

My wife bought two pony tail bun "wigs" for 10.00 a piece at the mall. It matched their hair perfectly and it looked much better than the "skin tight" hair do that BBB does. I am not putting down the BBB, we were going to do it at first and our budget got cut down so we decided to go this route. We are glad we did.

After everyone kept asking about where we got the girls hair done at, I joked to my wife she needs to set up shop somewhere to do this for half price lol.

PS1211
08-24-2009, 03:06 PM
Thanks, all! I think we'll be bringing a dress for Gabrielle and doing the rest down there! I'm so excited!

bkfree
08-26-2009, 10:35 AM
Hi, here is my tips on BBB that worked great for us.
I booked the first appointment of the day. There was no waiting and it was nice and calm. I bought my daughter a special glittery outfit (tshirt and capris) from Libbylou for her to wear that day. She got the basic package and I purchased a small rhinestone crown for them to add. We then did the park and it was great because she was comfy. Then that night she wore her princess dress( the Snow Queen dress from Narnia) for dinner at the GF Cinderella Dinner. She was very happy with this. I would do it the same way again.
The "Do" was still in perfect shape the next day, so she got lots of mileage out of the BBB.

Sparkle hair tip.
Spray hair with hair spray, immediantly sprinkle with glitter and then another coat of hair spray. This will last until shampoo time.

nyobabe2
08-26-2009, 12:44 PM
Does anyone know how long it takes there? I have 12:30 ressies for 3 girls and we have 3:30 ressies for Chef Mickeys...this is on Thanksgiving. Did we give ourselves enough time?