PDA

View Full Version : My Tiggerdog..

Tiggerdog
08-23-2009, 10:06 PM
We had to put my Tigger dog to sleep on Aug. 10. Somehow she cut her face, we don't know if Jack did it or if she hit something our what. It was a minor cut. However, for the past 2 years she has been fighting a tumor in her liver and she had lost 18 pounds in the last year. While I knew the time was coming, my husband had been fighting this. When we weighed Tigger at the vet and Greg saw the scale, he knew it was time as well.

I got Tigger 15 and a half years ago at the Dumb Friends League. Her and the rest of her litter had been found in a cardboard box on the highway. I couldn't decide between her or her brother, but when she peed on my sister's shoe my niece yelled, "pick her, pick her!" so I did! She was a great dog. So lovable, yet a great watch dog as well.

We had her cremated and when we got her ashes back in a nice metal canister, Jack wouldn't stop licking it. We buried her yesterday with her stuffed bunny that I got her when she was a puppy. The only rip in the bunny was from Jack, as Tigger never tore up her stuffed animals, but carried them around instead.

I know my Tigger is happy and pain free, but dang I miss that furball! :crying:

Thanks for listening.

JPL
08-23-2009, 10:21 PM
So sorry to hear about your loss :cry:

RIP Tiggerdog :(

SBETigg
08-23-2009, 10:23 PM
I'm so sorry. It's so hard to lose them. Wishing you comfort and peace.

DVC2004
08-23-2009, 10:59 PM
I am so, so sorry for your loss. Pets are such a major part of our families and it is so hard to say goodbye. I can tell by your words that Tiggerdog was very much loved, and despite her rough sart in life she was just as lucky to find you as you were to find her. Big hugs and pixie dust- she'll always be in your heart. Thanks for sharing her and your special bond with us.

RenDuran
08-24-2009, 09:45 AM
I'm really sad to read your news about Tigger. A dog couldn't have asked for a better family than yours.

Marla
08-24-2009, 10:38 AM
:pixie::sorry::pixie:I am so very sorry. I lost my Buster earlier this year.:tink:

IloveDisney71
08-24-2009, 05:05 PM
I'm so sorry about your loss. It is so hard to lose a pet. My vet sent us a poem when we had to put our pet to sleep. It was called The Rainbow Bridge. It is a perfect poem for someone dealing with the loss of a pet. You can google the title and it will pop up.

StitchFan#1
08-24-2009, 06:58 PM
:pixie::pixie::(
I'm so sorry about your loss. It is so hard to lose a pet. My vet sent us a poem when we had to put our pet to sleep. It was called The Rainbow Bridge. It is a perfect poem for someone dealing with the loss of a pet. You can google the title and it will pop up.

our vet sent us the same thing when we put roo roo down. She had melenoma in her jaw and she had lost alot of weight. My parents got her out of a shopping cart someplace by chicago. I miss my roo roo and she is in our hearts and tigger is in yours! Doggie love,Pixie dust! When we found out she had it i had thiss hollow feeling insode and i bet you have it too, but the best thing to do is cry and stand tall and rememeber that you had so many good times and dot forget to let jack know thet its alright. Im sorry :pixie:

badkitty
08-24-2009, 09:43 PM
So sorry to hear of your loss. Pets have such a special way of becoming so close to our hearts. Their love is unconditional.

RIP Tiggerdog

Chescat
08-25-2009, 08:02 PM
Hockey, I'm so sorry to hear about Tiggerdog. Hope this pixie dust helps! :pixie::pixie::pixie:

chrisb26
08-26-2009, 10:12 AM
I am so sorry to hear of your loss hockey. I know how difficult it is to lose a pet they become so close to you :(

RIP Tiggerdog

TiggeRia
08-26-2009, 11:52 AM
So sorry about the loss of your dog--losing a pet is such a hard thing for they are truly part of the family. Sending prayers and pixie dust your way.

Tiggerdog
08-29-2009, 11:00 PM
Thanks everyone, for the pixies and the hugs. It is so weird not having her meet us at the door after school every day.

Another weird thing is Jack won't eat the dog bones now. He is burying them in the couch like TIgger used to. Before he would snarf them down. Yes, I know he is a freak, but this is really weird for him!