PDA

View Full Version : what to do after the parks close?

drosenbe
08-23-2009, 09:57 PM
Our family would frequent PI after the parks would close, usually doing at least one show at Comedy Warehouse, and the rest of the time in AC (inevitably staying for the hoopla (HOOPLA!!))

Now that PI is no more...:(, what is everyone doing after the parks close?

bruin1344
08-24-2009, 01:07 PM
Jellyrolls at Boardwalk is a great bar if you want to stay on the WDW property.

BluewaterBrad
08-24-2009, 03:32 PM
i used to be able to stay out late at PI. (trust me, I used to be able to party all nite), but now I need a good shower and then its off to bed!:mickey:

passholderryan
08-24-2009, 04:25 PM
Go to the Boardwalk. Go up to the lobby area, work your way down the hallway to the Belle Vue Room. My favorite lounge at Disney. Grab a drink and sit on their balcony. Then head over to JellyRolls for a great time.

MistressGracey
08-24-2009, 04:45 PM
We eat late lunches and book late dinners so we can arrive a little early and relax at the bar before our table is ready.

Also, late night swimming if it's warm enough.

Also, we had fun playing mini-golf @ Winter Summerland one evening...

Hope whatever Diz puts in over at the former PI location is worth shutting down the clubs. :(

vws_and_disney
08-24-2009, 07:04 PM
:golf:mini golf is an awesome way to end a night.

RAIDER
08-25-2009, 03:30 AM
DTD , Boardwalk ( espn bar if a game is on has a good atmosphere ) or go for a meal :thumbsup:

Tigger&Stitch
08-25-2009, 04:36 AM
With no AC, I think we are just going to sleep. :sob:

Mousemates
08-25-2009, 07:29 AM
sleep, swim or if we are staying in the area (swan, dolphin boardwalk, bc/yc we go over to the boardwalk for a while).

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-25-2009, 02:05 PM
:sleepin:

DisneyCrazyET
08-27-2009, 07:00 PM
POR - Piano Bob
He's great!

SurferStitch
08-27-2009, 09:58 PM
We tend to hang out at the resort now that PI is closed. That's one of the big reasons we started staying on the monorail again, because we knew we'd be spending more time at the resort.

We like to sit by the pool and just let our feet dangle in it, or walk around the Grand Flo and Poly lobbies.

We also like to hit the 24 hour take-out spots, grab some snacks, and just relax in our room.

We might try Jelly Rolls, but I don't relish the idea of two bus rides back to our resort late at night (that is, if they are still running that late). I also don't want to have to drive because if we want to have a few drinks, we aren't driving. Part of the fun of relaxing with alcoholic drinks is that you didn't have to drive back to the resort from PI.

bruin1344
08-28-2009, 01:05 PM
We might try Jelly Rolls, but I don't relish the idea of two bus rides back to our resort late at night (that is, if they are still running that late). I also don't want to have to drive because if we want to have a few drinks, we aren't driving. Part of the fun of relaxing with alcoholic drinks is that you didn't have to drive back to the resort from PI.

Take a taxi, its cheap

SurferStitch
08-28-2009, 02:03 PM
Take a taxi, its cheap

We did once from the Boardwalk to GF....paid about $20 with tip. Not cheap.

Cost us almost the same to go from CR to DTD and Poly to DTD, too. We also took a taxi from WL to GF once (after a late dinner), and that ran around $10 plus tip (and they aren't too far apart).

We'll be there for 10 nights, and even if we only wanted to go there for a few nights, we're still looking at $50-$60. I'd rather buy some extra drinks in Mizner's for that price.

Villains0501
08-28-2009, 06:10 PM
SLEEP!!! But occasionally we go to DTD and have dinner at Wolfgang Puck, and we used to get dessert and coffee at the now closed Virgin Megastore:(

EpcotFan182
08-31-2009, 08:47 PM
My favorite non-park activity at night is going to the Boardwalk. There is a lot going on there at night.

Many of the concession stands and carts don't open until the evening, plus there is everything else on the BW like the ESPN zone, arcades, sweet shop, restaurants, etc.

Tigerinvestigator
09-08-2009, 04:01 AM
Definately Jellyrolls!:thumbsup:

disneykidsince1970
09-08-2009, 05:52 AM
Sister Nikki and I will be having a ladies weekend and have decided the theme is "everything we've never done before!"

So.. we were thinking about "cruising" the bar scene at some restaurants we've never been to - with the help of a hired car for the evening. Nik is going to price it the car - might be cheaper than several taxis...?

We aren't big drinkers but we like a cocktail or two - enough to not want to drive. So... we thought a great way to check out these places is to do apps and a drink (or water!) ...and over the course of the night, we'll have enough to eat!

I forgot about Jellyrolls though - another one to add to our list! If anyone has any thoughts about festive bars - at the moment...we havent' been to:

Jiko
Artists Point
Belle Vue Room - thanks for the tip above!
Jellyrolls
Leaping Horse Libations
Cape Town Lounge and Wine Bar
Boma
Le Cellier

...and we'll have to do Citrico's and Cali Grill b/c they are our FAVES. we might need to stretch this over the course of the three days - not just one night.

If anyone has impressions of the level of festive atmosphere at these...we would appreciate it!!

megustamex
09-08-2009, 11:23 AM
We love the bar at the AK lodge (Cape Town I guess?) but it is generally very quiet. But it's nice to get a glass of wine and go sit by the fire in the lobby or outside, and then go watch animals with the night vision goggles (until 11pm I believe).

disneykidsince1970
09-09-2009, 03:42 AM
VERY COOL - night time goggles?? we will def add that to the list - even if it is on the quiet side - I do love SA wines so worth the trip.

I also just read on another post about Atlantic Dance Club - I'm not familiar with this one - any views? also - what time does it get hopping? :party::wave:

queenmom9497
09-09-2009, 05:20 PM
What about the new tequila bar open in Mexico in Epcot? Then wander over to Boardwalk, take a boat over to YC/BC. Just a thought. :thumbsup:

dtootsie42
09-10-2009, 01:24 PM
We like going to the Boardwalk. There is always something fun to see or do and as someone else posted a lot of the stands don't open till evening. Its a must do every trip.