PDA

View Full Version : Toll Road 417 $$$

steamboat willy
08-23-2009, 07:28 PM
Can someone tell me how much the 417 Toll Road is from beginning point in Sanford to exit point at DISNEY is and what type of coin change is required to pay exact change?
Would you take this route on a Sunday afternoon, probably arriving ORLANDO AREA around 6:00 p.m.?

Two Weeks from TODAY - Yoo Hoo!

TheRustyScupper
08-23-2009, 07:35 PM
1) Good route, due to lower traffic.
2) I think the total is about $3.75.
3) There are make-change lanes, so exact change not needed.

steamboat willy
08-24-2009, 02:59 PM
I'm a throw exact change in the basket without totally stopping kind of guy and was just trying to see if I needed a $10 roll of quarters or did I need other coins to make exact change. Seems like what I remember it was in the range of $6 bucks last trip down.
I mean my reservations are all made, my ADR's are all made, we are almost ready to pack clothes and gas up the car. I need something else to plan for and the only thing I could think of was how much change to have on hand for the 417 Toll.

12 DAYS Before Disney!

Thanks again for any help with this question!

Tygger7
08-24-2009, 03:17 PM
I don't remember the exact cost, but I do recall that it was a tad pricey. I like to have exact change, and there are other toll roads that I have to take to get to WDW, so I just got 2 rolls of quarters. That way, I also had some change for the laundry. :)

blondeinbrandon
08-25-2009, 01:21 PM
The florida turnpike website has a toll calculator on it and it will tell you exactly how much from exit to exit on any Floirda toll road.:mickey:

Ed
08-25-2009, 01:37 PM
Tolls were somewhat recently increased. :mad:

If you get on 417 from Exit 101 of I-4 (Sanford area) and take 417 south to Exit 6 (International Drive exit, which becomes World Drive, leading right into WDW) your total toll would be $6.00, assuming you're driving a 2-axle vehicle.

TheRustyScupper
08-25-2009, 02:17 PM
Tolls were somewhat recently increased . . . your total toll would be $6.00.

1) I seldom go that way anymore.
2) Their rates really skyrocketed in the last year.
3) That is a HUGE jump in price.
4) For price increases, the turnpike authority must think it is Disney.

A Mouse Fan
08-25-2009, 02:58 PM
Well it was $5.00 when we took it last year but now I guess it's $6.00. That is a little pricey, but I really hate going downtown Orlando. Lucky for us we have friends that used to live in Orlando and they still have their Express Pass Device so at least we don't have to stop and throw change in the basket, but it still costs us $$$$.