PDA

View Full Version : Deluxe Comparable to POR

missymouseworld
08-23-2009, 05:27 PM
We would like to stay at a different resort with more room, but really like the surroundings at the POR. We have stayed there the past 3 times in the Alligator Bayou section (need a place for 5 people) and are looking to venture out to another resort. Can someone give me some information on other resort options? Thanks.:mickey:

SBETigg
08-23-2009, 06:02 PM
If you like POR Alligator Bayou, you might also like Wilderness Lodge or Animal Kingdom Lodge, but I'm not sure on accommodating five there without bumping up to Deluxe rooms or Kidani Village DVC accommodations.

You might also like the Poly, which does fit five per room and is a big winner for location/transportation issues.

You might also consider Fort Wilderness Cabins.

ibrowse17
08-23-2009, 06:05 PM
I would suggest the cabins at FW. While not a deluxe, it would be a neat change from POR. It also would have no problems holding a party of your size. :thumbsup:

deedeebee
08-23-2009, 06:35 PM
We usually stay at POR, in July we stayed at the Poly. More space in the room, along with lots of other touches make the Poly a great choice. The pool, watching wishes from the beach, Ohana, Kona, the boat to MK, the staff, oh, Dole whips in Capt Cooks:cloud9: A great time, even when the parks were crazy, you can relax.

sisterslovindisney
08-24-2009, 09:23 AM
I really wish people would stop recommending Poly...it's gonna be packed and we won't be able to get a room:) hehe.
Actually, we love Poly and for 5 it is wonderful. Queen sized beds and a good size day bed. Plenty of space in the room for 5. We even had 5 plus a pack n play one year and had no trouble. I agree with the pp, the Poly is :cloud9:

Mousemates
08-24-2009, 09:38 AM
if the money is doable and the price for a room is "worth it" to you...you won't go wrong with the poly o....if the money is close but not quite there...try a ground floor wing room (preferably near the end) at the CR with a water view.

Otherwise I'd say give the FWC a try...its a different type of disney experience, but one we enjoyed very much.

#1donaldfan
08-24-2009, 12:06 PM
....I've always said, "don't fix something that isn't broke".....so, why mess up a good thing....stay with POR....:thumbsup:

mdhiggin
08-24-2009, 01:24 PM
In addition to the resorts mentioned, I believe Contemporary, Yacht & Beach Club, and Boardwalk offer five per room. They're all much pricier, though. We have five also and run into this problem. We stayed at Contemporary last trip and back to POR coming up.

mdhiggin
08-24-2009, 01:27 PM
Wilderness Lodge and AKL only allow 4 for a standard room as PP suggested.