PDA

View Full Version : Too Late Trip Report - Day 1

PixieMagic
08-23-2009, 03:52 PM
So I will start this by saying that I didn't have access to the internet during our trip (saved my $10 a day for internet to spend more on Disney). We just got back late last night and this is my first attempt at a trip report so I'll go day by day and bear with me ya'll!!!

Day 1: Sunday August 16th

The flight was all too long....I literally felt like a kid again...too excited to sleep on the plane and the trip was all too long as I couldn't wait to get there!!!

Although the extremely long Magical Express Line went Impossibly fast, the family was a little disappointed that we ended up with a Mears bus instead of the painted Magical Express bus...no biggy as we all watched the video giddily on our way the the world!

Arrived at POP and our ONLINE Check In was well worth the time we saved in line for the hotel desk...and they even gave us tie dye cheese cake while we were checking in! Too cool!

We meandered over to the EVERYTHING POP store/food court and got some grub while waiting for the text that our room was ready (what a cool service!)

DM and DDad got chicken parm with salad and loved it, DSis got the chicken nuggets with fries, and I had the amazing chicken with penne fettucini...yumm!!! Best food court food I've had on property! We were all overly impressed with their food selection and the speediness of our room being available.

Placed in room 4162 in the 60's building we faced the hippy dippy pool and were on the ground floor...a bit of a walk for DM but at least it was ground floor!!! The room was tiny but we weren't planning on being the room much....just to change and sleep....

OFF TO EPCOT!!! I seriously could not wait to see DH and my leave a legacy tile! It was in the perfect location!!! So cute! I really hope they leave those up long enough for DH and I to go back so he can see it!!!

We started our trip with SSE as usual (loved the changes) then ambled over to Soarin for a 90 min wait...we had the time but the line was hot and DM was in A LOT of pain...I couldn't help but stand there and feel so bad for her..it literally made me crabby and miserable to see her in so much pain...so I spent the time trying to convince her to rent a wheel chair (she didn't want to burden the rest of us)....

I must say the queue for Soarin is great with all the interactive games! It really helped time pass and I am happy to report that we got into row 1 concourse C for my family's first ride on Soarin.....everything I could hope for!

We had our first DDP reservations for Le Cellier and the meal was AMAZING! DSis and DDad had better prime rib than I did (I get mine Rare - so not much in the way of salt crusting but not their fault)...Had the cheddar soup and pretzel bread and it was as amazing as everyone says, although I found the soup a bit too rich to eat much (though it was great to dip the pretzel bread in!)

Full and content we then headed out to EMH at MK...wow! Those EMH really paid off because we got all but a handful of rides done in those three hours! Then back to the room for some much needed sleep...

Everyone was starting to get crabby from the long day and lack of sleep...not to mention standing on both bus rides...

DM walked (very painfully) through Epcot but ended up renting a wheel chair in MK for the rest of our trip...this should be interesting....

**I'll edit if I think of more!

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-23-2009, 05:20 PM
I'm glad you like POP, sounds like a good start to your trip.

I'm sorry for DM's pain...I hope the wheelchair makes a big difference!

JenniferS.
08-23-2009, 05:42 PM
I LOVE the chicken w/ penne. Whenever we decided to eat at the food court, that is what I got.

T-Belle
08-23-2009, 08:43 PM
Great start. I'm glad your DM got the wheelchair. No one should be in pain in WDW

yjgirl32
08-24-2009, 08:46 AM
Glad to hear your trip is starting off good- except for DM and being in pain. Can't wait to read more.

BluewaterBrad
08-24-2009, 12:46 PM
can't wait to hear more!:mickey:

Mickeydream
08-24-2009, 09:13 PM
Hope that DM realizes that the wheelchair is the way to go in WDW. There is a lot of walking and this way she won't miss anything or feel bad if she slows the group down. Have a great time. :mickey:

pink
08-25-2009, 08:27 PM
Your report made me hungry, it sounds like you had a great first day. I also look at the leave a legacy tile too because there is actually one with two people inside of it that looks like me and my mom but we never did one, it's so wierd! :mickey:

faline
09-01-2009, 07:47 PM
Le Cellier! Very yummy! Glad you're there and ready to have fun!

pdrlkr
09-06-2009, 10:10 AM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: