PDA

View Full Version : Yes, I'm a nerd, 201 days to go!!!!

Brooklynos
08-23-2009, 02:18 PM
So my husband and I decided to suprise his little brother (11) and sister (15) with a trip on their spring break. Talked to his dad and step mom and we are going to pick them up from school the day we leave for the trip and tell them then!!! Can't wait to surprise them, the question is how are we going to keep the secret???? Too excited and had to share with people that understand!!!!

Donald
08-23-2009, 03:00 PM
Difficult as it may seem, it is well worth the wait to keep the secret! You will love their surprise! I have done it a couple of times. Talking to people on this forum helps curb your desire to blurt it out to your in-laws!:mickey:

BluewaterBrad
08-23-2009, 04:16 PM
What wonderful parents!! Keep the secret!! Come back to your "sponsers" if you feel you must tell!!:mickey:

Belster
08-23-2009, 09:17 PM
No you are not a nerd!!! I was also totally planning at the 263 day mark....come on...we all do this on here.

Enjoy all of the planning...you will have a great time.

Mousemates
08-23-2009, 10:55 PM
No you are not a nerd!!! I was also totally planning at the 263 day mark....come on...we all do this on here.

Enjoy all of the planning...you will have a great time.

exactly, the planning of a disney vacation is much of the fun...it allows you to mentally enjoy your vacation long before you get there...we go each new years season and I reset my "countdown" clock the week after we get back.

Brooklynos
08-24-2009, 05:25 PM
THanks for the replies!!!! I am a very big planner when it comes to disney so I have most the trip planned for dining and travel.... The kids have no clue but my in-laws and I/DH had lunch w/o the kids to talk. We are all so excited for them!!! The question is, when to tell the kids. We are picking them up from school on the friday we are leaving and are driving all but about an hour to WDW. Should we tell them on the drive or act like we are just taking them for a weekend in FL and wake them up in the morning with a camcorder saying where we are actually going!!!!! ANy other ideas on how to tell them once we pick them up?