PDA

View Full Version : Candlelight Proccessional Question

tink'72
08-23-2009, 09:55 AM
We are planning for our upcoming trip in December and we were planning on doing the CP dinner. However, now that its two TS credits I'm not so sure. What are the chances of just walking up to the CP?

LuvDaDuckMost
08-24-2009, 12:13 AM
You can walk into the processional but I will tell you that the lines start 2 hours ahead of time and they wrap around. So be prepared to wait and wait.

blondie219
08-24-2009, 08:32 AM
Man, that news is horrible. When did the change it to be two TS credits? We are going in December and had planned on doing the dinner/candlelight processional deal, but I am not willing to forego 2 credits. :( what a bummer.

tink'72
08-24-2009, 08:39 AM
Thanks for the info. Now I'm totally confused and have no idea what to do!

Does anyone out there think it's worth 2 TS to see?

jnfr2424
08-24-2009, 11:13 AM
We are having the same dilemma - we will be there Thanksgiving and were going to use our DDP but now we might pay OOP because last year we stood and waited what felt like FOREVER!! We got in and watched CP but it wasted alot of time doing this when we could have been seeing other things in the park. Plus last year it was only 2 of us this year its 25 of us!

ledudes
08-25-2009, 04:32 PM
Do people wait in line just to be sure to get in or so they get good seats? If you don't care about seats and just want any seat, is it possible to not wait in line or do they let a limited number of people in...(like the Nemo show) and then stop letting people in???

ransam
08-26-2009, 02:28 AM
i think it is worth it...it's an awesome show.

Jeri Lynn
08-26-2009, 06:03 AM
I have been to the CP many times and have never had the dinner package. We were going to do that this year until it became 2 TS credits.

In the past we have always been able to get a decent seat after everyone in line was seated...that is what we will be doing this year.

Marilyn Michetti
08-26-2009, 09:13 AM
We do the CP every year without dining. Last year we got in line ?? (less than an hour and a half), and there were only two ahead of us - a CM that brought her mother in a WC.

When the lines move, they move simultaneously. The stand by people feed in one side while the dinner people are on the other. If there were, (say) 400 expected for the dinner group, they would make sure that the stand by's didn't take 400 seats. The CM's have counters, and they know how many stand by's they can admit. If you're the 50th person in the stand by line, you can have a better seat than the 60th person in the reserved line. The seats aren't "saved", just the number expected. There aren't any bad seats unless it's raining, andthe concert is well worth the wait. Just hang around WS until you see the line start to form and get in. It's well worth the wait.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

cjdami
08-26-2009, 10:12 AM
We did CP 2 years ago and totally enjoyed the show! I would say that it's worth 2TS or paying OOP to see the show. The night we went it rained and we were lucky enough to be coverd and not get wet. We did arrive about 30 minutes before they opend to start seating you, so we were pretty luck to get front seating.

jnfr2424
08-26-2009, 10:16 AM
Do people wait in line just to be sure to get in or so they get good seats? If you don't care about seats and just want any seat, is it possible to not wait in line or do they let a limited number of people in...(like the Nemo show) and then stop letting people in???

People wait to get in. The Package people are seated first so unless you are a small group (2-3 people) then you might be able to get a decent seat then again there really isn't a bad seat you just want to be able to get in a see this amazing show!