PDA

View Full Version : Princess Diana exhibit DTD

castlelady36
08-23-2009, 09:34 AM
I am making a quick 3 day trip to WDW in October to see the Princess Diana exhibit and of course hit MK and EPCOT but has anyone been to the exhibit and if so can you take photos or video? Also is there a gift shop of any kind with books or photos for sale?

thanks!!!

villavic
10-18-2009, 07:10 PM
Did you already go? How is it?

ChipDale2708
10-19-2009, 03:46 PM
We went to the exhibit at the beginning of the month. It was 'okay'. The dresses were beautiful and it was interesting, but I wouldn't make a special trip to DTD for it. We had just done the Characters in Flight balloon ride (great!) and decided to just check it out. We were there maybe 1/2 and hour or so. No photography or video was allowed. There may have been a book or two for purchase at the end, but no real gift shop.

Pally
10-20-2009, 12:22 PM
I also went to the exhibit while my sons and husband went to DisneyQuest. I must say I was disappointed. It was mush smaller than I had expected. There were some nice dresses but again I expected more. They were many invatations on display and a lot of large blown up pictures that have been basically everywhere.

I had been looking forward to this as a highlight in my trip. Basically, it is just a low-light. Don't go having high expectations.

You cannot take pictures or video.

Note: There are no bathroom facilities so make a pit spot before you go. Although, it does only take less than one hour in total.

ledudes
10-29-2009, 08:11 PM
How long will this exhibit be there?

beksy
11-02-2009, 09:15 PM
We actually made a special trip to do this exhibit (well, any excuse to make a trip will do!). My mom is a HUGE Diana fan. She was when Diana was alive, got all the books, and is still a huge fan (still can't bring herself to read the books). The exhibit is only open through November so we would have missed it on our Dec/Jan trip. Mom does not have very good health so the chances of her making it to England are slim and we could not pass up this opportunity. It took us an hour and a half to get through the exhibit. I wish that there had been more on display but for Mom the few dishes, seeing things Diana had actually written, and all of the other things made it totally worthwhile. I thought she was going to cry and she had to get a picture with one of the dresses that is a replica of one of Diana's at the end. Of course we watched all the films, read everything, and spent time discussing the items so that took up a lot of time. For others it may not be worthwhile, but for Mom it was thrilling which made it worth the price of the trip for me.