PDA

View Full Version : Dining Ideas!

DizzKnee
08-23-2009, 09:12 AM
Sheesh, haven't been on here in a while! Hello everyone. I'm going on my last WDW for about .....5 years. (I'm headin' off to college!)

I need some ideas for dining for my lovely mother and I.

Is the SciFi spot in Hollywood Studios worth it?

Prices aren't really the issue, since i'm willing to dish some $$ out for the experience (ofcourse eating too expensive will result in ice cream as a substitute for a meal).

Are there any good places (besides Rainforest) in AK? Epcot? What about Hollywood?:mickey:

nyobabe2
08-23-2009, 09:58 AM
My experience with Sci Fi was that it was ok. I liked the concept but it was so dark inside and the food was so-so. The kids enjoyed but it's not someplace we NEED to go back to. I think Brown Derby is a nice option if you want to stay at H.S.
We always like Calif. Grill and I've heard Le Cellier in Epcot is WONDERFUL (going in November!)
Another place we all (13 of us) had a great mealed and loved was the Coral Reef in Epcot, watching the fish while eating was so relaxing and everyone had a great meal.

Good Luck!

markyv
08-23-2009, 02:14 PM
50's prime time has better food than scifi in my opinion. As for eating at epcot, try garden grill. The restaurant spins and the food is delicious, not to mention that you get eat with Mickey.

sassy2000
08-23-2009, 02:25 PM
We like 50's Prime Time Cafe much better then Sci-Fi. At AK, Tusker House is the only table service we like there. Epcot has several good choices. We liked Le Cellier, Chefs de France, and Garden Grill.

LudwigVonDrake
08-23-2009, 03:35 PM
Sci-Fi is okay for lunch. I think you're paying for atmosphere and not much else.

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-23-2009, 03:38 PM
Avoid the Sci-Fi! The atmosphere is neat, but our meals were horrible.

We avoid eating in DHS in general. Take the boat to Epcot for so many yummy options. We love Garden Grill, Coral Reef and most of World Showcase! Rose & Crown is a favourite, both for lunch and dinner, Biergarten is another.

Tinkerbella16
08-23-2009, 09:55 PM
We really hated Sci-fi and thought the food and menu choices were terrible.

50's Prime Time is a lot better and lots of fun!

SBETigg
08-23-2009, 10:40 PM
Don't forget resorts! Some of the best dining is in the resorts. 'Ohana, Boma, Sanaa, Grand Floridian Cafe.

In parks, Sci Fi is fun, and maybe a good lunch or snack choice but I wouldn't choose it for dinner. Actually, I probably would choose to eat out of the park over dining in Disney Studios park. World Showcase has lots of good choices in Epcot. At AK, Tusker House or Yak and Yeti might be a good choice (but I would probably go to AKL and try Boma).