PDA

View Full Version : What is what at GF???

PixieMagic
08-22-2009, 09:59 PM
Does anyone have any info on what buildings/rooms are considered which pricing type??? Thank you! :thumbsup:

TammiMcMan
08-22-2009, 11:13 PM
This might help:

Main Building (Royal Palm Club)

Standard club level rooms (lagoon, pool and castle view, request only) $690
Deluxe club level rooms (slightly larger, but only accommodate 4 guests, lagoon and pool view, request only) $695
Deluxe King club level rooms (2 designs, accommodate 2 guests, varied views)
1 bedroom suite $1265
Victorian suite $1505
2 bedroom suite $1950
Disney suite $2005
Grand suite $2065

Sugar Loaf (Lodge concierge)

Standard lodge club level rooms (marina and garden view, request only) $520
Lodge tower room (only 3 available, garden views, request only) $520
1 bedroom suite $1150
2 bedroom suite $1735

Sago Cay, Conch Key, Boca Chica & Big Pine Key

Garden view $399
Lagoon view $465
Theme Park view $505
Lodge tower room (bigger room, garden views only) $485
1 bedroom suite $1050
2 bedroom suite $1635

Prices shown are 2009 rack rates during value season. If you need help with room details, just let me know.

DreamFinder2
08-23-2009, 10:55 AM
Not to hijack this thread, but a question about GF buildings...

We've stayed in Sugar Loaf, and really like the open lobby area to sip some morning coffee, etc.

Do the other buildings have this same design?

TammiMcMan
08-23-2009, 11:19 AM
We've stayed in Sugar Loaf, and really like the open lobby area to sip some morning coffee, etc.

Do the other buildings have this same design?Sugar Loaf is the lodge concierge, so the lobby design is pretty unique to that building. As you know, they have a defined seating section, plus the food area and staff desks. The other buildings do have an open entry way as you walk into the ground floor. In terms of furniture though, it's very limited. There is a large circular table in the middle with flowers. On either end, there are 2 chairs with a table in the middle. By the front doors, there are also 2 or 3 chairs, along with a hutch holding items for display.

DreamFinder2
08-23-2009, 11:41 AM
Thanks, Tammi. We've got a GV room reserved and are trying to decide if the extra $100/night is worth upgrading to a room in Sugar Loaf for our trip in December. If you do the math, even if we drink and eat ourselves 'silly' during 'snack times' at Sugar Loaf, it doesn't quite justify the increased cost...and we don't use the concierge for many (if any) of the other services they offer.

Any thoughts???

TammiMcMan
08-23-2009, 12:07 PM
Hi Eric, at Disney, nothing really "justifies" the cost of concierge, so I don't even try anymore ;) . I usually stay club level when we travel, more for the lobby/lounge than anything else. I really like having that extra space to just sit and relax. Our park commando days are well behind us, so enjoying the amenities at the resort has become a little more important.

The advice I usually give people who are considering club level, is that if they are trying to justify the cost or find the worth, then they should probably just stay in a standard room. If you're choosing club level simply because it's something you're comfortable spending the extra money on, then you have the right idea.

PixieMagic
08-23-2009, 01:06 PM
Thanks Tammi! I was trying to figure out because we decided to switch resorts mid trip and just took the only room they had open at GF....not sure what pricing level it was (I try not to pay attention to money on vacation:blush:) but the room was PERFECT! I was right in the middle of Sago Cay looking directly at the marina, but you could most certainly see the lagoon and the island very easily .... I'd like to request a room like that again but wasn't sure which pricing level I needed to book......:secret:

TammiMcMan
08-23-2009, 03:55 PM
I was right in the middle of Sago Cay looking directly at the marina, but you could most certainly see the lagoon and the island very easily .... I'd like to request a room like that again but wasn't sure which pricing level I needed to book......:secret:Okay, you would have been in a garden view room in Sago Cay. When you plan your next vacation, book a garden view room and then request Sago Cay, overlooking the marina. There's no guarantee for the building or the rooms location, but it's definitely a reasonable request.

LoriSan
08-24-2009, 12:26 PM
never stayed at BF, but let me just say :jaw: at the nightly rates of some of those rooms!

PixieMagic
08-24-2009, 02:17 PM
Ha ha - so true! I was thinking about that - the cheapest room for 3 nights would pay my mortgage for a month!!!!! :eek: