PDA

View Full Version : We've done so many! We need another good one!!

mouseketeer mom
08-22-2009, 08:49 PM
We've done all in World Showcase, except Norway and Italy...are they worth doing? Norway scares me a little, and Italy seems run of the mill.
Also considering Artist Point...we've done Narcoosees and Cali Grill and loved them both, so wanted another cool signature place..Jiko maybe??
We'd love all ideas...
here's a little about our likes..
Ohana's is our favorite.
Love Kona's.
Love Sanaa
Love Tokyo Dining
We love interesting/fun/delicious...Bring it on!!

Gator
08-22-2009, 09:01 PM
If you want Italian, head to Mama's Melrose and have the Pork Marsala. It was the best meal I had last time I went to WDW.

The second best meal: Akershus! I did it at lunch so that my daughter could see the princesses. But the food was really good. The buffet portion had lots of cheese, deli meats, some smoked salmon(hot and cold-very yummy), and then an entree. I had the kjottkake. Hard to describe it, but it was very tasty - not gross at all. I was scared, too, but it was a great meal.

SBETigg
08-22-2009, 09:49 PM
Citricos, Flying Fish, or Jiko. We've had outstanding food and service in all three. You might also enjoy Kat Kora's new place, Kouzzina (but I haven't tried that one).

I wasn't thrilled with Alfredo's, pedestrian, and I have been fearing the same from Tutto Italia. Norway scares me a little, too.

mouseketeer mom
08-22-2009, 11:10 PM
Citricos, Flying Fish, or Jiko. We've had outstanding food and service in all three. You might also enjoy Kat Kora's new place, Kouzzina (but I haven't tried that one).

I wasn't thrilled with Alfredo's, pedestrian, and I have been fearing the same from Tutto Italia. Norway scares me a little, too.

oooo! Kouzzina! I saw it when we were there a few weeks ago but forgot about it. Maybe that would be a cool one to try..we rarely go to the Boardwalk area..Its just not our thing. Maybe because we've been saturated in boardwalks living here in NJ. But that sure sounds different..wondering if there are any menus out yet...?

ElenitaB
08-22-2009, 11:19 PM
Lisa, Disney has posted the menus for Kouzzina on their site. Here are the links for breakfast (http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/media/wdw_nextgen/CoreCatalog/WaltDisneyWorld/en_us/Media/InternetMediaType/Dining/Kouzzina/kouzzina-menu-breakfast.pdf), dinner (http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/media/wdw_nextgen/CoreCatalog/WaltDisneyWorld/en_us/Media/InternetMediaType/Dining/Kouzzina/kouzzina-menu-dinner.pdf) and desserts (http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/media/wdw_nextgen/CoreCatalog/WaltDisneyWorld/en_us/Media/InternetMediaType/Dining/Kouzzina/kouzzina-menu-dessert.pdf). We're having dinner there next week, so I'll let you know how it is.

wdw_bound
08-23-2009, 08:33 AM
Brown Derby is WONDERFUL. I was dubious, but tried it last trip and am now scheming ways to get back there. The service was terrific - DH is a picky eater, and modifying his order was no problem. DD is an adventurous eater, but the server made sure we knew that if she didn't like what she ordered, he could bring some kids pasta as a backup (she was just 10, so ordering off the adult menu with lots of new options...).

To have such a wonderful environment in the middle of a park - wow.

spinnerf
08-23-2009, 08:55 AM
I love Norway too. Italy is overpriced and the food wasnt that good. I would definately pick Norway between the 2.

KnowThySelf
08-23-2009, 05:25 PM
Jiko is wonderful. We also love Citricos. The braised short ribs will knock your socks off!

Either are a great option and well worth the money.:thumbsup:

Aggie97
08-23-2009, 07:23 PM
We love Jiko -- delicious food, wonderful wine, and great service. Plus, AKL is a fun resort to explore before or after dinner. :mickey:

Jennifer_and_Chris
08-24-2009, 01:36 AM
On my birthday, we ate at Artist Point and loved it! the mushroom soup is TO DIE FOR!!

can't really go wrong with any of your suggestions. I want to try Sanaa's soooo bad this coming trip.

Good Luck with your choices!