PDA

View Full Version : CSR and Magical Express ?

dizneegirl71
08-22-2009, 10:16 AM
I have just upgraded to CSR from POP for our upcoming trip! (This is out 1st time staying at a mod. resort) I know that CSR is part of the AK route for magical express. What is the resort order for drop off or is it different with driver/bus? We land at 1:30pm. How long will it take to get to CSR? Thanks :mickey:

RockinRollerMom
08-22-2009, 12:41 PM
Last year when we stayed at CSR the drop off was POP first, then CSR, then AKL. It is hard to guess on a time frame for arriving at CSR.
I think 2 hours is safe bet from landing time to resort arrival time.

JPL
08-22-2009, 01:09 PM
When I too DME in June the order of stops changed.

1. Pop
2. CBR
3. CSR
4. AKL/Kidani

As for the time frame it's very difficult to judge because in June we had to wait about 25 minutes for the bus to leave, our driver was going super slow and then the people getting off the bus at the resorts were moving even slower. So there are many factors involved in the time frame. I have arrived at my resort as quickly as 45 minutes after landing (thanks Jeanne) to almost 2 1/2 hours after landing.

CleveRocks
08-22-2009, 01:57 PM
There are no pre-set groupings of resorts for DME, and no set routes, either.

There are "zones," but the resorts are not always grouped by zones ... it all depends on the reservation info they have ... from the reservations, they know about how many people are going to what resorts at what times, and they make the bus groupings accordingly. They will plan the most efficient way to get everyone where they need to go. It can change from hour to hour.

The maximum number of resorts on a single DME bus is four, but only if ALL of the resorts on that bus are within the same zone. If the bus has resorts from more than one zone, then the maximum is reduced to three to compensate for the increased driving time.

As for the route and the order of stops ... this is decided ONLY by the driver himself/herself. The driver is told which resorts their bus has on it, but then the driver gets to decide whatever order he/she wants.

So as you can see, there is quite literally NO WAY to know or plan for what resorts you'll be grouped with and what the order of drop-offs will be.