PDA

View Full Version : online ADR's W/Magical Journeys

kwhitt3202
08-21-2009, 01:22 PM
Has any one that used a travel agent tried to use the online ADR? How did it work ?

prprincess
08-21-2009, 01:26 PM
I recently booked through Magical Journeys and booked my ADRs online and it was fine. Simply input the confirmation number your agent gave you and the telephone number that you used to make your reservation (there's a link that says "retrieve your reservation"), and you're good to go!

Tink1
08-21-2009, 02:33 PM
Has any one that used a travel agent tried to use the online ADR? How did it work ?

We give you the actual Disney reservation number. It should not be a problem at all.

People who book with brokers, or tour companies (USAir vacations, SW vacations) are given the tour company generated reservation number and not the Disney reservation. They sometimes have an issue.

Nanc

KSS
08-21-2009, 02:39 PM
Well, I booked through MJ for October and was able to retrieve my reservation but not able to book the +10. I ended up having to call in and do all mine. We ended up moving our trip to November and today was my 90 day window and the same thing happened. I got up at 6am to do my ADR's on line and again I was able to retrieve my reservation but it would only let me make a reservation for the first day and not the rest of the trip. I ended up having to call in at 7 to make them over the phone.

KSS
08-21-2009, 02:50 PM
Also, can someone explain to me how to check you reservations on line. When I go to the site I do not see where you can look up ADR's that you already have.

prprincess
08-21-2009, 03:18 PM
Also, can someone explain to me how to check you reservations on line. When I go to the site I do not see where you can look up ADR's that you already have.Once you are in the WDW area of the site vacation planning site, you will see a menu bar at the top. To the very right (on the menu bar) you will see where it says "My Disney Vacation". Choose the "Dining Reservations" drop down option, and then it will take you to a page where you'll have to input your ADR confirmation number(s) and the phone number you used to book the ADR.

coloradowendyl
08-21-2009, 05:26 PM
Well, I booked through MJ for October and was able to retrieve my reservation but not able to book the +10. I ended up having to call in and do all mine. We ended up moving our trip to November and today was my 90 day window and the same thing happened. I got up at 6am to do my ADR's on line and again I was able to retrieve my reservation but it would only let me make a reservation for the first day and not the rest of the trip. I ended up having to call in at 7 to make them over the phone.

You should have been able to do your ADRS online unless you were trying to do it for more than 10 people. If you were doing it for your entire group, then you had to do it via phone. Groups of 10 or more must call for dining.

I just pulled your reservation up with your phone number and res # on the reservation site with no problem and it gave me no problems trying any date during your reservation.

One thing to remember: when you add your phone number, do not put in any spaces or dashes. Number should read: 12345678899...no spaces.

Wendy

KSS
08-21-2009, 10:14 PM
I put in my reservation number and my phone number. It was able to pull up my reservation but it would only let me book for November 19th... which I didn't need anyway. I was only trying to book for 6 people.
Everything turned out fine when I called I got everything I wanted. I just do not understand why I cannot get the stinking thing to work for me.

Tink1
08-21-2009, 10:44 PM
Are you using IE8 or Firefox as your web browser?

Both have been known to have issues with the dining system. They are working on that glitch as well. It does not always happen, but when it does it is very frustrating.

We were having issues with IE8 and the Travel Agent portal system as well.

Nanc

SurferStitch
08-21-2009, 11:02 PM
Are you using IE8 or Firefox as your web browser?

Both have been known to have issues with the dining system. They are working on that glitch as well. It does not always happen, but when it does it is very frustrating.

We were having issues with IE8 and the Travel Agent portal system as well.

Nanc

Those are the two most common browsers, and they're glitchy? I use Firefox, but can also use Safari. Safari scares me because I seem to have too many problems with websites not playing nicely with it. I planned to use Firefox (most current update).

I plugged in my ressie info already so I can play around and be ready for my 90 day window. I get an error saying that my reservation can not be located, though. Is that because I have no dining ressies yet, or is there a problem?

Okay, I just tried again, and it's asking for a confirmation number that is case sensitive, but all I have is a reservation number that is all digits, no letters. It can't pull up my reservation.

Tink1
08-22-2009, 12:50 AM
IE7 works fine. We had to redownload it!

Disneys IT built for IE7, there is something funky in the newest update to IE8 that can (not always) cause a glitch. I had been using IE8 up until a few days ago, then it just stopped working. Firefox was funky on the portal but seems to be better than it was.

Newer Disney Travel company reservations have 2 letters in them rather than all numbers.

Nanc

SurferStitch
08-22-2009, 07:12 AM
I just made my December trip ressie on July 25th. Have they changed since then?

If they changed the number system like that, you would think the WDW site would be able to accommodate that.

Tink1
08-22-2009, 08:50 AM
Room only reservations still have 12 numbers, it is only the Travel Company packages (8 digit reservation numbers) that have the letters.

Nanc

dmallan
08-22-2009, 04:08 PM
I did not try booking ADRs online because at the time they were still trying to iron out that process with TA booked reservations.

But I have never been able to pull up my reservation booked through MJ on the WDW website. It asks for conf #, last name, resort, and dates. Then I get a message that they are not able to retrieve my reservation at this time.

Tink1
08-22-2009, 06:00 PM
I did not try booking ADRs online because at the time they were still trying to iron out that process with TA booked reservations.

But I have never been able to pull up my reservation booked through MJ on the WDW website. It asks for conf #, last name, resort, and dates. Then I get a message that they are not able to retrieve my reservation at this time.

Are you using the correct link to retrieve TA reservations? And only put in the last name of the lead person on your reservation.

www.mydisneyreservation.com/guest

Nanc

dmallan
08-23-2009, 12:54 PM
Thank you Nanci! I remember having that link at one time, but misplaced it. Since then I was just trying to navigate my way around the WDW website using the "My Vacation" link and that did not work.
Nice to actually be able to see our ressie in the system!

KSS
08-23-2009, 05:12 PM
I do use firefox... maybe that is why it would not work for me. I also have IE so I could have used that if I would have known. Anyway... I got everything I wanted so all is well!!!