PDA

View Full Version : magical express ?

kwhitt3202
08-21-2009, 01:01 PM
Since all airlines are now charging for checked bags are we allowed to check our bags and get our tickets at the resort on our departure day? I know that before if you had bags you had to pay for you had to check them in at the airport. I didnt know if they changed some things due to all bags are charged.

Buddy08
08-21-2009, 01:15 PM
I'm pretty sure that when we were at WDW in May, we could check the bags at the Magical express counter and just put the bag charge on a credit card. (I didn't actually do it myself)

kwhitt3202
08-21-2009, 01:23 PM
Cool I was thinking they were going to do something like that.

tink'72
08-21-2009, 01:26 PM
Yeah that's what we did. We were able to check our bags at the hotel. We just paid the charge on our credit card.

MidnTPK
08-21-2009, 01:55 PM
Since all airlines are now charging for checked bags are we allowed to check our bags and get our tickets at the resort on our departure day? I know that before if you had bags you had to pay for you had to check them in at the airport. I didnt know if they changed some things due to all bags are charged.
Not ALL airlines charge for the first checked bag....JetBlue and Southwest do not.

I'm pretty sure that when we were at WDW in May, we could check the bags at the Magical express counter and just put the bag charge on a credit card. (I didn't actually do it myself)
This response looks to be incorrect. Here's the FAQ from the WDW website (http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/airport-service/):

How is Resort Airline Check–in affected by airline baggage fees?

Fees vary by airline. Guests should inquire with their specific airline as to what fees might apply. Guests may contact Baggage Airline Guest Services at (407) 824-1231 to pay any airline fees in advance of visiting the Resort Airline Check-In desk, which will have a record of the payment transaction. Airline luggage fees cannot be collected at the check-in desk. Guests under age 18 must have parent or guardian permission to call.

CleveRocks
08-21-2009, 07:59 PM
Yes, the post immediately above is correct. You must call BAGS Inc. to pay by credit card in advance. The BAGS Inc. employee can't accept payment at the Resort Airline Check-in desk.

BAGS Inc. is the subcontractor that runs the Resort Airline Check-in service, which is a service separate from Disney's Magical Express. The BAGS Inc. employees can't answer any Disney's Magical Express questions or concerns because they are not Disney cast members.