PDA

View Full Version : Possible/Rumored Attractions and Refurbishments To Come

GothMickey
08-21-2009, 11:07 AM
There are many threads out here regarding rumored attractions/shows coming to WDW. Intercot mods do a wonderful job with the refurbishment list. However, I thought it would be beneficial if we had 1 thread that listed the rumored attractions and shows projects that could be coming to WDW. Of course, some of these are really way out there, others, well, are in the pipeline waiting to be greenlit or for construction to start. I will present the list by theme parks. Also, mods, if you find this thread useful, can you make this a sticky so it is easy to find?

GothMickey
08-21-2009, 11:18 AM
Magic Kingdom Projects:

Space Mountain (due to reopen November 22nd) - rumored to have new track, better projections, ride audio (not onboard audio), new gates, new launch tunnel, ceiling replaced making it darker, and a new interactive queue.

TTA (due to reopen September 1) - no noticable changes other then new lighting and a rumored new soundtrack

Skyway Building - being torn down. Could be used for possible Space Mountain queue.

Little Mermaid Ride - part of the Fantasyland makeover. Would be a clone of the ride coming to DCA. Not announced for MK yet. Expected announcement: September D23 convention.

Fantasyland Makeover: Not announced yet. Rumored plans include designated area for Cinderella, Belle, Auroura, and Little Mermaid. Be Our Guest restaurant with dinner show. Removal of Dumbo. Castle walls to expand creating a castle courtyard. Plans leaked online. Annoucement expected at D23.

Removal of Toontown: Due to the Fantasyland makeover/expansion. Plans leaked online. Annoucement expected at D23.

Retheme of Barnstormer - rumor at this point. Possible rethemed to Cheshire Cat. - rumor.

Jungle Cruise refurbishment - rumored for 2010 and to be very extensive - rumor.

RFID technology added to certain Fantasyland rides and queues - rumored.

Big Thunder Mountan Railroad refurbishment. - strictly rumor at this point.

GothMickey
08-21-2009, 11:23 AM
Epcot rumored projects:

Tequila bar opening in Mexican pavilion - I believe this is due to open soon.

Living With the Land Refurbishment - currenly closed. Pathway to be widened to accommidate brand new boats for the ride.

Spaceship Earth - completion of the descent. Waiting for Siemens to cough up their next sponsorship check.

Disney Nature film replacing Circle of Life - stictly rumor

Imagination refurb - strictly rumor

Soarin - new video, ride changed to Soarin Over the World - stricly rumor. People say announcement coming at D23. Have ot wait and see.

Three Caballeros AA's added to the end of Grand Fiesta Tour, replacing the animated concert footage. - rumor at this point.

Donald Duck meet and greet in Mexico - Will be happening, no date though. Expect this to be well themed like Snow White's M&G in Germany.

Possible new World Showcase Pavilion or new E-ticket to existing pavilion - stictly rumor.

GothMickey
08-21-2009, 11:28 AM
DHS project list:

Star Tours 2.0 - Will be happening. Announcement due to come at D23.

Backlot Tour removal - at this point, rumor. But, very plausible and more than likely, BLT's days are numbered. Pixar Place will expand to this area. Carsland will not however.

Great Movie Ride refurbishment - rumor

Toy Story Mania season/holiday overlays - very possible and easy enough to do. Possible start - 2010 holiday season.

Monsters Inc Roller Coaster - prep work done on the the building. However, the project has been cut at this point.

Rock N Roller Coaster theme change - rumor. Don't expect Aerosmith to be leaving any time soon, not for Hannah Montana or Jonas Brothers anyway,

GothMickey
08-21-2009, 11:33 AM
Animal Kingdom list:

Yeti returning to A mode - testing is being done on the yeti to bring him up to a new, less stressful A mode. Yeti continues to operate in B mode with a possible chance of seeing him in testing phase.

Up characters Kevin and Dug to be added to Flights of Wonder show - rumor

Beastly Kingdomme/Mysterious Island new land added to Animal Kingdom - Beastly Kingdomme, in the form that we all know it, is dead. Mysterious Island from DisneySea, along with the major e-ticket ride Journey to the Center of the Earth is the new rumored land to take over for Camp Mickey Minne. Festival of the Lion King would be relocated to Africa somewhere. This is stricly rumor and probably online fanboy wishes. So, mark this down as HUGE RUIMOR.

Nothing significant coming to DAK while Joe Rhode works on the Hawaiian DVC resort.

GothMickey
08-21-2009, 11:37 AM
Pleasure Island rumors:

Mannequins/Adventurer's Club/8 Trx/BET buildings to be knocked down - rumor

A lighthouse to be built on the waterfront, including a fast food hamburger joiunt counter service restaurant in the base - rumor

McDonald's closing up shop - rumor

AMC Theaters to add IMAX - rumor. I believe this has now been taken off the table.

ESPN Zone replacing Virgin Megastore - rumor. Other restaurants are rumored for this area as well, mostly owned by Landry's.

Starabillia - closed shop. No replacement yet. Rumor is Harley Davidson store moving to that location.

Scar
08-21-2009, 11:43 AM
Space Mountain (due to reopen November 22nd) - rumored to have new track, better projections, ride audio (not onboard audio), new gates, new launch tunnel, ceiling replaced making it darker, and a new interactive queue.Is this stuff really still a rumor? You'd think with the reopening just 3 months away we would have some confirmation on some of this stuff.

GothMickey
08-21-2009, 11:45 AM
Is this stuff really still a rumor? You'd think with the reopening just 3 months away we would have some confirmation on some of this stuff.

Marked as a rumor cause, well, we really just don't know what Space Mountain is really getting. This is one project that nothing official has been released. Which leads me to think nothing major is being done. But, who knows? And remember, we also said no new cars were being added, yet, some people have recently seen new cars being transported into the building. It is possible these cars were the old ones refurbished. So, I guess we'll have to wait until the ride opens. I am prepared to be underwhelmed though.

fielin
08-21-2009, 12:45 PM
This is a great sticky idea !

I hope the moderators keep it ! :thumbsup:

disneyphilip
08-21-2009, 01:40 PM
Magic Kingdom Projects:

Space Mountain (due to reopen November 22nd) - rumored to have new track, better projections, ride audio (not onboard audio), new gates, new launch tunnel, ceiling replaced making it darker, and a new interactive queue.

TTA (due to reopen September 1) - no noticable changes other then new lighting and a rumored new soundtrack

Skyway Building - being torn down. Could be used for possible Space Mountain queue.

Little Mermaid Ride - part of the Fantasyland makeover. Would be a clone of the ride coming to DCA. Not announced for MK yet. Expected announcement: September D23 convention.

Fantasyland Makeover: Not announced yet. Rumored plans include designated area for Cinderella, Belle, Auroura, and Little Mermaid. Be Our Guest restaurant with dinner show. Removal of Dumbo. Castle walls to expand creating a castle courtyard. Plans leaked online. Annoucement expected at D23.

Removal of Toontown: Due to the Fantasyland makeover/expansion. Plans leaked online. Annoucement expected at D23.

Retheme of Barnstormer - rumor at this point. Possible rethemed to Cheshire Cat. - rumor.

Jungle Cruise refurbishment - rumored for 2010 and to be very extensive - rumor.

Here's another one to add to this MK rumor list:

The return of the Country Bear Christmas Show--it has been said that this version of the show is expected to resume its annual seasonal showings following the major rehab that was done at CBJ this past Fall.

Maybe a thread similar to this should be created for the "Disney Characters" section, just to post character/entertainment-related rumors and stuff.

GothMickey
08-21-2009, 02:43 PM
Here's another one to add to this MK rumor list:

The return of the Country Bear Christmas Show--it has been said that this version of the show is expected to resume its annual seasonal showings following the major rehab that was done at CBJ this past Fall.

Maybe a thread similar to this should be created for the "Disney Characters" section, just to post character/entertainment-related rumors and stuff.

Haven't heard this one, but thanks for it. Since we cannot edit our posts after a certain time, I cannot add this to the list. I''ll look into starting a post on the characters thread.

JPL
08-21-2009, 09:21 PM

I believe this was just a Disney excuse to shut fans up when they said they didn't have the funds to do the change over to the Christmas Show. It was stated they could do the show or the refurb not both but that was almost 3 years ago :rolleyes: Of course the other rumour which I believe to be true is that WDW Park management didn't want to spend the money to renew the licensing agreements for the songs in the Christmas Show. The 2nd rumour sounds more like the Disney we all know and love ;)

disneyphilip
08-22-2009, 07:51 AM
I believe this was just a Disney excuse to shut fans up when they said they didn't have the funds to do the change over to the Christmas Show. It was stated they could do the show or the refurb not both but that was almost 3 years ago :rolleyes: Of course the other rumour which I believe to be true is that WDW Park management didn't want to spend the money to renew the licensing agreements for the songs in the Christmas Show. The 2nd rumour sounds more like the Disney we all know and love ;)

No need to be overly negative.

DizneyFreak2002
08-22-2009, 11:44 AM

I always believed the Christmas overlay stopped because they didn't want to spend the money... How long did it take to switch over to the christmas overlay???

By the way, thanks for the list Goth!!!!

JPL
08-22-2009, 01:18 PM
I always believed the Christmas overlay stopped because they didn't want to spend the money... How long did it take to switch over to the christmas overlay???

It usually took them about 2 weeks to switch over.

DizneyFreak2002
08-22-2009, 04:17 PM
It usually took them about 2 weeks to switch over.

Well, they don't want to "ruin" all those once is a lifetime vacations in order to give the guests something that is fantastic (holiday overlay of Haunted Mansion comes to mind)...

TheVBs
08-23-2009, 09:37 AM
Great lists! Thank you Goth! :mickey:

Supercali
08-23-2009, 11:56 PM
I've heard that they Are Eventually going to add Cars Land to DHS. They're suppose to demolish some backlot production buildings to make room for it. Also, I believe that the Monster's Inc. coaster has just been postponed. It may be ready by 2013, when the sequel film is due out. (Speculation).:thumbsup:

GothMickey
08-24-2009, 10:05 AM
Great lists! Thank you Goth! :mickey:

No problem at all. Great thing about these boards is we an discuss rumors without tempers boiling over like other places. Just remember though, that list isn't all confirmed, and a lot of speculation. Hopefully most come true though.

GothMickey
08-24-2009, 10:08 AM
I've heard that they Are Eventually going to add Cars Land to DHS. They're suppose to demolish some backlot production buildings to make room for it. Also, I believe that the Monster's Inc. coaster has just been postponed. It may be ready by 2013, when the sequel film is due out. (Speculation).:thumbsup:

There are several "insiders" and I use that term in quotes for a reason, that say Carsland will be DCA exclusive. I have no doubt in my mind some sort of Cars attraction will make its way to Pixar Place, but not Carsland. And Monster's Inc. is dead in the water as of now, which is sad. Of course, it wouldn't surprise me that it was only postpone until the sequel is due in the theaters. So again, let's hope it is only postponed.

GothMickey
08-24-2009, 02:33 PM
Just wanted to add for Animal Kingdom:

Flights of Wonder will be closed for refurbishment from September 14 to October 23rd to add the Up characters, Kevin and Doug supposedly.

BluewaterBrad
08-24-2009, 03:01 PM
I like the idea!:mickey:

BMan62
08-24-2009, 03:27 PM
Just wanted to add for Animal Kingdom and DHS:

Flights of Wonder will be closed for refurbishment from September 14 to October 23rd to add the Up characters, Kevin and Doug supposedly.

Also, in DHS, Hannah Montana Chicken Coup was added to the Back Lot Tour.

Why do they think everything has to have characters? We enjoy FoW just the way it is. We'll miss it this trip just to add characters from a 'short lived' animated movie?

fielin
08-24-2009, 04:10 PM
Well, I like the idea. I've seen flights of wonder three times, and although I love it, I think it's time for a change.

It does not need to be character, but if it is, alright.

I did not plan on seeing it next time, and I might just change my mind.

GothMickey
08-28-2009, 12:30 PM
Adding to the Magic Kingdom section: As part of the Fantasyland extreme make over, Tinker Bell and her fairy friends could be getting their own attraction, in Pixie Hollow. Not sure if this is part of the first phase or a possible 2nd phase, but, the steam is picking up on this one.

lockedoutlogic
08-28-2009, 01:47 PM
Adding to the Magic Kingdom section: As part of the Fantasyland extreme make over, Tinker Bell and her fairy friends could be getting their own attraction, in Pixie Hollow. Not sure if this is part of the first phase or a possible 2nd phase, but, the steam is picking up on this one.

Seriously, Goth,

How much faith do you have in this fantasyland "major rehab"?

they are only grudgingly throwing money at parks where the attendance is in decline...and WDW's magic kingdom is the polar opposite of that.

While i don't doubt they'll "redo" something....you gotta believe that it's going to be a stripdown gascan on wheels...a la space mountain...

No?

GothMickey
08-28-2009, 04:11 PM
Locked, of course with Disney, as we all know, nothing is official until ground is broken. And even then, nothing is a sure thing. That is why I am detailing these as RUMORS.

While I do believe the Fantasyland extreme make over is real and is coming, the scope of it can be debated. Just how big of a refurb or make over is coming is only known only by those who are making the choices.

We have to wait for an official announcement as always. Again, this is why I listed things as rumor and not as confirmed/fact.

DizneyFreak2002
08-28-2009, 07:09 PM
I'm not sure I like the idea of a Disney Fairies attraction... I am sure it would go over well with the girls though... I am taking a wait and see on this one...

Supercali
08-28-2009, 11:45 PM
Has anyone seen the new Imagineering video on YouTube? Toward the end of it, they show a new interactive projection technology. Since there is a brief scene with Tinker Bell, some are saying that this is from the new Fairies ride. I read on another post that the ride is to be a "substantial" ride. The scenes from the video look cool. I hope that they add this to WDW soon.:thumbsup:

lockedoutlogic
08-29-2009, 11:22 AM
Locked, of course with Disney, as we all know, nothing is official until ground is broken. And even then, nothing is a sure thing. That is why I am detailing these as RUMORS.

While I do believe the Fantasyland extreme make over is real and is coming, the scope of it can be debated. Just how big of a refurb or make over is coming is only known only by those who are making the choices.

We have to wait for an official announcement as always. Again, this is why I listed things as rumor and not as confirmed/fact.

Goth,

Let's be clear: I'm not in any way accusing you of misleading me or anyone else by suggesting these moves are "facts"

I just wanted to point that out to everyone.

But i go back to my original premise: I don't believe any development plans for WDW...other than DVC (i expect an announcement of that nature within 15 months)...because they have basically put it in the highly paradoxical role of "backseat cash cow"

I do give them credit for trying to correct some of the eisnerian mistakes...i.e. the last four parks not named Tokyo Disneysea...but i personally have reduced my opinion of Iger tremendously

Did he not come out shortly after his ascension and say that they were going to "strengthen what they already have" in themeparks? Was that not during a huge boom in travel to Orlando that yielded record profits for WDW?

Where's the re-investment?
It hasn't been...simply a cry of poverty.

But i know....it's determined by the people on wall street...
...cuz they've had such a great 10 yar track record:ack:

Stu29573
08-29-2009, 02:08 PM
Where's the re-investment?
It hasn't been...simply a cry of poverty.

I was under the impression that most of the money was going to a park in CA that was so bad that they are basically rebuilding the whole thing. I swear, that was the worst thought out, poorest executed screw up I've ever seen. It takes big bucks to fix such incompetence.

Duck1
08-29-2009, 04:13 PM
It will be interesting to see what shakes out. Thanks for the scuttle butt.:bump:

Gregandmel
08-29-2009, 04:51 PM
What exactly is the September D23? Is that when the Disney big wigs decide what will be upcoming as far as updates, etc...? We will be there late April 2010 and do you know approximately when they will list any refurbs during this time? IF there are too many, we may just have to change our dates!

Lightning McQueen
08-29-2009, 06:29 PM
Are there any plans or rumors to add flying dumbo to Wishes like in Disneyland? I think that is the coolest thing I've seen in a long time and I really hope they do.

DisneyFanaticDargon
08-29-2009, 06:49 PM
Are there any plans or rumors to add flying dumbo to Wishes like in Disneyland? I think that is the coolest thing I've seen in a long time and I really hope they do.

The problem with that right now is that unlike Disneyland, the cable for Tinkerbell really is a one-way trip. It extends from the top of Cinderella Castle to the top of a building in Tomorrowland, and it's at a very steep angle.

At Disneyland her flight path is between the Matterhorn and a Faux tree which passes right behind the castle and the flight path is FAIRLY level. The mechanism they use to guide her on the cable is also much more high tech and capable of moving back and forth, which leads to her much more spectacular flights at Disneyland. Dumbo flies on this same cable, but it's those same mechanics of the cable being level that allow them to do so.

For this to work at Magic Kingdom, they'd have to create some kind of mechanism to haul Dumbo back up the cable to the castle tower after park close to reset him for the next night, and then there's the problem of hiding him during the day.

Supercali
08-29-2009, 11:46 PM
According to Jim Hill, at D23 they're going to announce the Fantasyland expansion (however much is left of it since the latest budget slash - it supposedly went from around $700 mil. to $250 mil at last count), Soarin' Over the World for Epcot, and the new Star Tours for DHS.:thumbsup:

JPL
08-30-2009, 12:08 AM
You have to take anything Jim says with a grain of salt. This time he added the budget numbers which he has no way of knowing and just stated what was already rumoured about the announcements at D23. He really just talks to hear himself talk ;)

Lightning McQueen
08-30-2009, 01:26 AM
The problem with that right now is that unlike Disneyland, the cable for Tinkerbell really is a one-way trip. It extends from the top of Cinderella Castle to the top of a building in Tomorrowland, and it's at a very steep angle.

At Disneyland her flight path is between the Matterhorn and a Faux tree which passes right behind the castle and the flight path is FAIRLY level. The mechanism they use to guide her on the cable is also much more high tech and capable of moving back and forth, which leads to her much more spectacular flights at Disneyland. Dumbo flies on this same cable, but it's those same mechanics of the cable being level that allow them to do so.

For this to work at Magic Kingdom, they'd have to create some kind of mechanism to haul Dumbo back up the cable to the castle tower after park close to reset him for the next night, and then there's the problem of hiding him during the day.

Thanks for the explanation. I REALLY hope they find a way to bring this to WDW. This is such a great addition to the fireworks show at Disneyland.

DizneyFreak2002
08-30-2009, 02:24 AM
You have to take anything Jim says with a grain of salt. This time he added the budget numbers which he has no way of knowing and just stated what was already rumoured about the announcements at D23. He really just talks to hear himself talk ;)

He isn't the only one who gave the $250 million budget number... Another person, who will remain nameless, who doesn't care for WDW but brags about Disneyland, yet, who knows his inside information, also stated the budget was cut to $250 million..

However, doesn't anyone realize that Imagineering usually goes to the management with a huge budget number knowing full well it will be chopped?? They do that so they can get the funds that actually need to make it worth while... So while $700 million has been touted as the budget number Imagineering wanted for Fantasyland, they can probably do all they want to do with $250 million...

Ian
08-30-2009, 06:55 AM
Let's put this into perspective here ... if, in fact, the budget is really only $250 million there is no way on EARTH they could do even 1/4 of the things listed in that original plan.

Everest cost $100 million by itself. So did Mission: Space. Imagineering can't do anything for $250 mil. Heck, the DCA redo is budgeted for more than four times that much and DCA ain't that big.

Also ... curious where you guys saw Jim Hill reporting this stuff. I don't see any stories on his site about D23.

DizneyFreak2002
08-30-2009, 12:20 PM
Let's put this into perspective here ... if, in fact, the budget is really only $250 million there is no way on EARTH they could do even 1/4 of the things listed in that original plan.

Everest cost $100 million by itself. So did Mission: Space. Imagineering can't do anything for $250 mil. Heck, the DCA redo is budgeted for more than four times that much and DCA ain't that big.

Also ... curious where you guys saw Jim Hill reporting this stuff. I don't see any stories on his site about D23.

Look at Hanuted Mansion... See what the Imagineers did to that ride with a hugely cut budget??? Imagineering can do remarkable things with less money if given the chance to.... Also, Little Mermaid will be a clone, so that cuts down the cost of that attraction alone.. :)

But truth is, no one knows for sure how much the budget will be... These are just numbers passed around by internet bloggers and pocast hosts... I will be waiting to hear what Disney has to say on this matter come D23....

DisneyFanaticDargon
08-30-2009, 06:43 PM
Look at Hanuted Mansion... See what the Imagineers did to that ride with a hugely cut budget??? Imagineering can do remarkable things with less money if given the chance to.... Also, Little Mermaid will be a clone, so that cuts down the cost of that attraction alone.. :)

But truth is, no one knows for sure how much the budget will be... These are just numbers passed around by internet bloggers and pocast hosts... I will be waiting to hear what Disney has to say on this matter come D23....

The difference between the Fantasyland redo and Haunted Mansion is that much of Haunted Mansion was upgraded in bits and pieces over the years. It wasn't built the way it is now all at once, nor was the way it is now the product of one refurbishment.

Fantasyland on the other hand, is a massive proposal converting more than half of Fantasyland into something than what it currently is AND completely retheming Mickey's Toontown Fair. They're proposing to do this in one major upgrade. I just can't see $250 million doing everything proposed, not to mention the fact that $100 million was the price tag on Everest and they couldn't even make a complete mountain with that.

DizneyFreak2002
08-30-2009, 08:00 PM
OK, that wasn't meant LITERALLY... I was trying to point out that Imagineering can do wonderous things with the budget provided to them... And as for Everest, I would say all the parts in the park that you see ARE themed... The unthemed parts are backstage... and by the way, have you seen it recently??? It IS themed!!! :)

Supercali
08-30-2009, 11:49 PM
Jim Hill told about the D23 announcements I believe on one of the Magical Definitions Podcasts. He didn't mention the budget. This has been reported on various forums by those who think that they are "in the know". Al Lutz even chimed in about the budget being cut, but I don't believe he gave a specific number. I read on one forum that sometimes businesses will ask for a larger budget than they actually need, (in order to get about the amount they need). From the leaked plans, the only major new attraction is the Little Mermaid ride, with the exception of the extra Dumbo, most of the new things are meet-n-greets and restaurants. They may be able to achieve these things with $250 mil., (if that is indeed the final number).

DizneyFreak2002
08-31-2009, 12:18 AM
Jim Hill told about the D23 announcements I believe on one of the Magical Definitions Podcasts. He didn't mention the budget. This has been reported on various forums by those who think that they are "in the know". Al Lutz even chimed in about the budget being cut, but I don't believe he gave a specific number. I read on one forum that sometimes businesses will ask for a larger budget than they actually need, (in order to get about the amount they need). From the leaked plans, the only major new attraction is the Little Mermaid ride, with the exception of the extra Dumbo, most of the new things are meet-n-greets and restaurants. They may be able to achieve these things with $250 mil., (if that is indeed the final number).

Businesses DO ask for more than they need, knowing full well budgets will get cut... I don't believe the budget will be only $250 million... And if it is, then I still think Imagineering will do a fantastic job with it... People need to remember, DCA is getting how many rides and a brand new, very expensive night time show... Over $1 billion is fully expected... Fantasyland isn't getting that extensive of an overhaul...

JPL
08-31-2009, 08:56 AM
Oh boy info from Lutz and Hill :rolleyes: Now there are 2 reliable sources :shake:

GothMickey
08-31-2009, 09:21 AM
Oh boy info from Lutz and Hill :rolleyes: Now there are 2 reliable sources :shake:

Actually, Lutz is right more times than he is wrong. He may be a Disney World hater, but, he is very well connected.

DizneyFreak2002
09-05-2009, 12:34 PM
Hey Goth, we may not be getting the FL announcement in D23 after all...

DizneyFreak2002
09-12-2009, 04:50 PM
Guess I was wrong with the FL announcement... TDO must havebene cringing at the annoucement lol.

AND STAR TOURS 2.0 CONFIRMED!!

Live4WDW
09-16-2009, 09:13 PM
:mickey: Greetings. Just a thought or observation. Was in the MK during the period of Aug 20th - 25th and had noticed work going on in what seemed to be the old location of the penny arcade on mainstreet. The false front or whatever they used to keep the work from being seen had arcade on it. I was wondering if maybe they were bringing the arcade back, or is it just a false front used whenever they need to keep the work from bothering the guest.:mickey:

GothMickey
09-23-2009, 11:47 AM
Update time:

Magic Kingdom Projects:

TTA (NOW OPEN) - no noticable changes other then new lighting and a rumored new soundtrack.

Little Mermaid Ride - CONFIRMED

Fantasyland Makeover: CONFIRMED

Removal of Toontown: CONFIRMED

Retheme of Barnstormer - rumor at this point. Possible rethemed to Dumbo's FLying Circus. - rumor.

GothMickey
09-23-2009, 11:48 AM
Updated:

Epcot rumored projects:

Tequila bar opening in Mexican pavilion - Now open.

Living With the Land Refurbishment - currenly closed. Pathway to be widened to accommidate brand new boats for the ride.

Spaceship Earth - completion of the descent. Waiting for Siemens to cough up their next sponsorship check.

Disney Nature film replacing Circle of Life - stictly rumor

Imagination refurb - strictly rumor

Soarin - new video, ride changed to Soarin Over the World - stricly rumor. People say announcement coming at D23. Have ot wait and see.

Three Caballeros AA's added to the end of Grand Fiesta Tour, replacing the animated concert footage. - rumor at this point.

Donald Duck meet and greet in Mexico - Will be happening, no date though. Expect this to be well themed like Snow White's M&G in Germany.

Possible new World Showcase Pavilion or new E-ticket to existing pavilion - stictly rumor. (Brazil rumored)

GothMickey
09-23-2009, 11:50 AM
UPDATED:

DHS project list:

Star Tours 2.0 - CONFIRMED, will be in 3D as well.

Backlot Tour removal - at this point, rumor. But, very plausible and more than likely, BLT's days are numbered. Pixar Place will expand to this area. Carsland will not however.

Great Movie Ride refurbishment - rumor

Toy Story Mania season/holiday overlays - very possible and easy enough to do. Possible start - 2010 holiday season.

Monsters Inc Roller Coaster - prep work done on the the building. However, the project has been cut at this point.

Rock N Roller Coaster theme change - rumor. Don't expect Aerosmith to be leaving any time soon, not for Hannah Montana or Jonas Brothers anyway.