PDA

View Full Version : online ADRs - big problems today!!!

mousetrapper
08-21-2009, 08:26 AM
Tried to use the online ADR system this morning...I had sooo much trouble!! :mad:

It would only allow me to book the first day online. hmmm. So I got that one dinner squared away, then waited and called in at 7 am.

It took forever for the CM to locate my reservation. I clearly told her I had made my reservations myself online through Southwest, so I wasn't sure if the confirmation number I had was in Disney's system (it hadn't worked in the online ADR system). She finally found it, and then I got the ADRs booked.

I hung up and realized I forgot one :blush:. I am only doing dinners but also wanted to have one breakfast (Kona Cafe). Leave it to me to forget! I even had it written down in front of me. I get all flustered when I do these ADRs...so silly. :-o I guess I get nervous because I know how tough it can be to get some ADRs -- especially with the free dining promotion.

Anyway, I called back and had to wait about 15 minutes... yikes. But I figured, I just have one ADR to make, how bad will it be?

Well, the CM tried to access my resort reservation and went through everything the first CM went through, i.e. asking every question under the sun to locate me. I started off by telling him I had JUST been on the phone and made several other ADRs, I just forgot one.

He kept asking me when my trip was. Finally he said it's Disney policy to only allow ADRs to be made 90 days out, so I could only make ADRs for the first day of my trip.

:confused:

I repeated that I had just made ADRs for my entire trip and could give him the confirmation numbers. He said he couldn't help me. (Twilight Zone much?!?!)

He then said he'd transfer me to someone else who might be able to help. He put me on hold for about five minutes, then the recording came on saying I could stay on the line if I wanted to participate in the satisfaction survey. Otherwise, it said, I could just hang up.

:confused::confused:

I stayed on for a minute in the hopes someone would pick up, but I was disconnected.

So, I called back and waited. The CM who answered asked all the same questions and couldn't find my reservation. I again started off by making it clear that I had made my reservations through SW, not WDW, and that I had already made most of my ADRs, had confirmation numbers and just needed to make one more ADR for breakfast. She said if that's the case, the first CM should have given me my resort confirmation number. I hadn't even thought to ask for it before.

She finally found me in the system after about 10 minutes and gave me my resort confirmation number just in case I needed it later. Eh, yeah. So she got my breakfast booked, finally.

I think the lesson I learned was to call Disney a day or so before trying to make the ADRs (either online or by phone) to make sure they have my reservation in the system. Then I should have gotten my reservation number so I can use it, whether I'm making ADRs online or via phone.

I'm interested to hear about others' experiences to see if that theory is correct, or if having that number might not even help you...???

So funny that most posters here said they had no problems with the online system. My luck to have so many issues! :(

TheVBs
08-21-2009, 08:53 AM
Yikes! Sorry you had to go through all that. :(

SBETigg
08-21-2009, 09:17 AM
You should have got your reservation number from whoever you booked through, and then it would have been much smoother sailing. I'm surprised they hadn't given it to you in a confirmation. Sorry it was such a hassle for you, but glad it seems you worked it out.

laprana
08-21-2009, 09:50 AM
Man, what a hassle! Sorry you had to go through all that trouble making your ADRs! You might want to call back in a couple days or so and just make sure they have all the reservations you made in their system. Better to be safe than sorry, especially after the ordeal you just went through! :thumbsup:

mousetrapper
08-21-2009, 10:36 AM
I definitely will call back to make sure everything went through, but just checking online (with my handy dandy resort confirmation number! :thumbsup:) it appears everything is as is should be - including the one ADR I made online and all the others I made by phone (including the forgotten Kona breakfast).

As for having a confirmation number, I think because I booked by myself online through Southwest there was no "official" WDW resort confirmation number. I thought the number I got from SW was the one and only one I needed, but I guess I was mistaken - it's probably specific to SW's system and not linked to Disney's system.

Seems like a glitch that should be addressed. If Disney partners with such third parties as SW to offer various package deals, they should assure that all ressies are input into the WDW system as well and linked to an official WDW confirmation number. I don't think I ever ran across this problem when we booked through AAA, however.

Anyway, just a cautionary tale for others out there. Be proactive and make sure you have a WDW confirmation number and your current reservation is in the Disney system before trying to book ADRs.

seanyred
08-21-2009, 11:19 AM
I wonder if your first complaint should be directed more towards SW for not given you the right confirmation numbers in the first place. Because it sounds like had you had your WDW confirmation number there wouldn't have been as many problems for you.

Secondly it is always funny to me that the quality of CM you can deal with over the phone can vary so much. It shouldn't be that way...

I used the online ADR system this past week and loved it. But you needed to sign in and provide your wdw confirmation number to get +10 for reservations.

Hope the rest of your trip is better than this experience.

mousetrapper
08-21-2009, 12:01 PM
seanyred: Everything you said totally makes sense. I do think SW should have provided an official WDW confirmation number, but WDW should also coordinate everything better.

I may call SW just to give some constructive criticism on this. :)

I also agree re: differences in CMs! So interesting. You'd think everyone would have the same general info. But then again, think of all of the different kinds of information and arrangements they have to work with/on... mind-boggling. If they're faced with something with which they aren't familiar, I can imagine they'd have problems assisting guests.

I know everyone is doing their best - at least I've never had to deal with any CM who was nasty or outright unwilling to help out...