PDA

View Full Version : Good News & Bad News About The Candlelight Processional And DDP

DisneyPrincess21
08-21-2009, 02:20 AM
I read on 2 different websites, that they have information about the candlelight processional dinner package.

The good news is that this year they are suppose to include in the price of the meal and Candlelight Processional seating, a special VIP area to watch Illuminations.

The bad news, Is that they are going to charge 2 TS this year for the CP package!!

WHAT?!?! 2 TS credit's for the cp package, that is hardly worth it, even with the VIP viewing area. I think I am just going to use my 1 TS to eat at Le Cellier and then take my chances on getting seats at CP on my own, if not I will stand outside the area and listen.

I really hope these are just "rumors" and that they stick with the 1 TS credit. because I don't see how they can justify charging 2 TS for it.

But it would be nice if they did include a special VIP viewing area for Illuminations.

What do you guys think? Anyone planning on still using the DDP on CP this year if they are going to charge 2 TS?

DizneyRox
08-21-2009, 07:04 AM
None of the 2TS eateries are really "worth" it, but people continue to spend their credits providing Disney with even more for the bottom line.

The problem with the CP is without the package, you spend a lot of time waiting in a line. That line forms early and gets LONG.

I'd go OOP for the package if you really need to see CP.

Me? Been there done that, I'll be in line at Soarin'.

TheRustyScupper
08-21-2009, 07:22 AM
1) With Ogre (I mean Iger) and Meg, WDW is squeezing guests for every quarter. *
2) This is just anbother way to pick up $30 from DDP people.

* We are well beyond the nickel-and-dime stage.

BMan62
08-21-2009, 07:50 AM
With three CP shows daily, that had better be a HUGE VIP area for Illuminations!!

Mickey91
08-21-2009, 08:41 AM
The popularity is the key to the 2 credits. I'm sure the pricing will begin to reflect it as well. When the castle first started being 2 credits, the cost of a meal was still within the normal range. Now it is almost double. I'm sure the CP package will increase in price to reflect the credit change at some point. Is it worth it? No. But it is a great show and almost impossible to get into without the package. Disney knows this and is exploiting it. So typical. There's still magic at Disney... it's called "the disappearing money act". Ogre should challenge David Copperfield to a duel.

Sunshine1010
08-21-2009, 09:14 AM
I'd love to see the show again (saw it last year)...but I will not use 2TS credits for it.

TheDuckRocks
08-21-2009, 09:28 AM
Back to the drawing board.:mad:
Just when I had my ADRs all lined up for my 90+10 timeframe on the 1st of Sept.:fit:

Goes4FastPass
08-21-2009, 09:49 AM
Eventually getting anywhere near Illuminations is going to require purchasing some sort of "experience".

This whole gimme your money business of gimme your money you must buy a dining gimme your money package to view the CP unless gimme your money you want to wait hours on gimme your money standby seems to say "Merry gimme your money Christmas" to WDW guests.

We would always buy a table service meal on nights we plan to see the CP but this whole mess about wear your sticker and long lines to see a show that's too doggone Lawrence Welky and the same every year leaves me ready to celebrate elsewhere in WDW.

Bethis26fan
08-21-2009, 10:46 AM
I hope not I wanted to see Steven Curtis Chapman, but I won't waste 2 TS on it & I won't wait in line for 2 hours. I've seen the CP before & I've seen Steven curtis Chapman in concert before. It didn't cost me $60 and a 3 hour wait to see him in concert.

DisneyPrincess21
08-21-2009, 11:23 AM
Sorry to dissapoint everyone holding on to hope, but i just spoke with a cm at disney and she said that cp package is 2ts this year. And i asked her what they are adding to justify the extra ts and she said you will get an appetizer and special guaranteed vip seating area to view illuminations. I asked her if the seating for illuminations was on a first come first served bases and she said no it is guaranteed.

I hope not I wanted to see Steven Curtis Chapman, but I won't waste 2 TS on it & I won't wait in line for 2 hours. I've seen the CP before & I've seen Steven curtis Chapman in concert before. It didn't cost me $60 and a 3 hour wait to see him in concert.

I know how you feel! This will be my first cp and i am so excited to see Steven Curtis Chapman, but i am having a hard time justifying spending an extra TS. One reason is i dont have an extra TS and dont want to have to miss out on something.

wdwnomad
08-21-2009, 10:42 PM
I voted no. It is not worth the 2 credits. However, I do want to go. I might consider paying for OOP.

I laughed to myself when I saw the Illumniations section. I think I read somewhere the theater holds 2000 people. So if say half of them at on the package then that is 1000 people per show times the 3 shows daily is 3000 people. That is going to be some VIP viewing.

DisneyPrincess21
08-22-2009, 01:49 AM
I laughed to myself when I saw the Illumniations section. I think I read somewhere the theater holds 2000 people. So if say half of them at on the package then that is 1000 people per show times the 3 shows daily is 3000 people. That is going to be some VIP viewing.

Yeah I am confused about that myself. I asked the CM if she knew where the viewing area would be but she didn't know.

badkitty
08-22-2009, 03:01 AM
So the VIP Illuminations is only for DDP guests or will OOP Candlelight purchasers also be included? That would seem to conclude the OOP package will increase as well. I agree with a PP, where are 3000 people going to view Illuminations? It seems a regular park guest won't be able to get a good seat unless they stake out their lake-side seat at noon.

TheRustyScupper
08-22-2009, 08:07 AM
So the VIP Illuminations is only for DDP guests or will OOP Candlelight purchasers also be included?

Anyone who purchased the CP package, OOP or DDP.

TheDuckRocks
08-22-2009, 04:58 PM
User warning: this may just be rumor but from a Google search here's the info I was able to find.
Tier 1) Garden Grill (dinner only) and Biergarten, cost is Lunch: $32.99 (Adult)/$17.99 (Child) and Dinner: $44.99 (Adult)/$22.99 (Child)
Both adult and child Lunch or DInner up $5.00 from 2008
Tier 2) Nine Dragons, Restaurant Marrakesh, Rose and Crown, and San Angel Inn, cost is Lunch: $38.99 (Adult)/$12.99 (Child) and Dinner: $44.99 (Adult)/$14.99 (Child)
Child and Adult Dinner remains the same, Adult Lunch up $1.00 from 2008
Tier 3) Chefs de France, Coral Reef, Le Cellier, Teppen Edo, Tokyo Dining, and Tutto Italia, cost is Lunch: $51.99 (Adult)/$13.99 (Child) and Dinner: $58.99 ($60.99 for 8:15 show) (Adult)/$15.99 (Child)
Child up $1.00 and Adult Lunch and 8:15 show up $7.00 and other dinner shows up $5.00
All meals include appetizer, entree, dessert and beverage. Tax and Gratuity are NOT included.
There is conflicting information on weather items will be from the regular or a selected menu where applicable.

Time will tell if this is accurate or not.

PoohnTink
08-23-2009, 09:13 AM
any idea when we can start booking?

DisneyPrincess21
08-23-2009, 10:01 AM
any idea when we can start booking?

90 days out, same as the dining

ransam
08-23-2009, 01:44 PM
is that starting this year or next?

PoohnTink
08-23-2009, 03:56 PM
Thanks DP21....can this be booked online or must it be done over the phone? I'm a week away from when I can book our ADR's....also wondering if I can make a reservation for 6 even if only 2 of us are on the ddp? I hope to take some family members that live in FL.

DisneyPrincess21
08-23-2009, 04:13 PM
is that starting this year or next?

The 2ts rule starts this year. Also the 90 day rule starts this year. I wasnt sure which you had the question about so i figured i would answer both :D

Thanks DP21....can this be booked online or must it be done over the phone? I'm a week away from when I can book our ADR's....also wondering if I can make a reservation for 6 even if only 2 of us are on the ddp? I hope to take some family members that live in FL.

it has to be booked on the phone.
I am not really sure why they arent allowing it online, maybe it is too complicated since you have to choose time, tier etc.

I am not sure if you can make the 6 ressie's together, they might do them 2 seperate adr's since some are on ddp and some are oop. I am sure the cm will get you all squared away!

:tink:
I hope you have a magical vacation!

Pirate Granny
08-24-2009, 08:29 PM
I called this weekend as we have three on dining plan and two persons on ToW...the CM said to book one reservation for 5 persons and to tell them when we are seated that the bill needs to be split. The CM also confirmed that reservations can only be made by phone. I didn't know about the Illiminations seating...hummm...perhaps that island over between France and the UK where they hold 'special parties'...The Italy Island is way too small...I know that Grand Gathering get a 'special viewing' after their dinner at the old restaurant between Test Track and Mexico...do they have a second floor viewing area there? I will spend the 2TS as the $60 meal will be OK with me...the lower priced meals are not OK as it won't be good value...
:pirate:

Jeri Lynn
08-25-2009, 07:09 AM
That is a bummer, this was the first year we were going to try the seating. However, I would not use 2 TS credits just to get the reserved seating. I have seen the CP many times and had great seats and did not even wait in line, after everyone in line was seated there were still goo seats to be had.

jillluvsdisney
08-25-2009, 06:24 PM
I think 2 TS credits is pushing it. I'l be ordering the most expensive apps, entres and desserts I can get. I would just assume skip it this year. The whole experience just eats up sooo much time. My Dad really looks forward to it and we have free dining so we'll probaby be going. If I had to pay OOP, no way would I go. Been there, done that.

bkfree
08-26-2009, 10:16 AM
Had I not been last year I would have voted No.
But after attending, I do think it is worth it. In fact, I think it is the only 2TS credit worth doing.

We had the CP dining package and ate at Tuttu Italia. This was the best meal we had the whole week. Then we got to sit on the second row for CP with Virginia Madsen reading. My 8 and 10 year old kids were mesmerized for the entire 2 hours. The orchestra was amazing. Many times during the show , the audience was brought to tears.
There was a very old gentleman(90s) sitting behind us in a black tux and dressed to the nines. It seems his granddaughter was one of the musicians. At the end, the audience sang Silent Night. He sang loud and clear and I just boohoo'd. It was the most magical experience I have ever had in all my trips to WDW.
SO for me it is worth 2TS credits. The line for non reserved is VERY LONG.......
I think this is something that everyone should experience at least once.