PDA

View Full Version : Jedi Training Academy

BIGDOG
08-20-2009, 07:45 PM
Is this still a running event on a daily schedule or was this a star wars week end only thing?

SorcererJim
08-20-2009, 08:10 PM
Still running... it's a "permanent" attraction now... My son actually got picked for the first time after, I don't know, 15 tries! :)

gerald72
08-20-2009, 08:31 PM
Still there!
We were there two weeks ago. I had three kids in the audience. None of them were picked, and they decided not to stay to watch.

biodtl
08-20-2009, 09:52 PM
Both of my kids got picked last October, but just as they were getting started, it began to drizzle, and they had to cancel it. Talk about going from a high to a low...

BIGDOG
08-21-2009, 09:40 AM
That is really good news,,, will be a must do for my 2 boys... 5yr and 7yr any recommendations on how to get you kid picked to do the training. Should I have them bring their own light sabers? They sleep with them....

poohbearkris
08-21-2009, 10:18 AM
What is the usual age for the kids that get picked? DS is a tall 5.

KAJUNKING
08-21-2009, 10:24 AM
ive never seen this in person, need to mark it as a must do this year, im sure ds8 would like watching and love if he got picked

DisneyFr33k
08-21-2009, 10:54 AM
My son tried several times a couple of years ago and was never picked. Then last year, when asked about trying again he said "naw, you don't even get to keep the light saber". I felt bad for him, like he was making an excuse for not trying again for fear of another disappointment. :( But persistence pays off, I keep telling him.

lorieandalex
08-21-2009, 12:14 PM
I tried this last year, DS (6) never got picked, we tried several times, he was incredibly upset. We tried right up until the last day and he actually cried on the bus to the airport and said he really wanted to do it. I felt so bad, I was so hoping he would get picked. They kind of come out and just point and say you you you!

There should come up with something else like numbers or maybe have to pay, that way you don't stand there and just have disappointed children. There were other kids around that left there just crying!

I did tell him that he might not get picked and honestly I was probably part of the problem as I continued to try and really thought at some point he would get picked.

biodtl
08-21-2009, 12:23 PM
What is the usual age for the kids that get picked? DS is a tall 5.

My daughter was almost 5 and my son was almost 12 - they seemed to be the high and low ages, with everyone else in between.

SorcererJim
08-21-2009, 01:01 PM
Like I said above, we had tried no lie... 15 times to get picked... luckily my son took it really well... but this time we came prepared! Not that I want to let this secret out :mickey:, but I do owe my Intercot friends for all the help I have found on here:

Step 1: Dressed my son in his Star Wars shirt -- signals, hey I am not just some kid that may like it... i LOVE it! :)

Step 2: We made a sign (about 11 x 14" poster board) and on it we put "The Force is Strong With Me!" and a big arrow pointing down. Also had "Pick Me! Pick Me!" all over the sides!

Step 3: Stood at the front with my son holding the sign, jumping up and down!

He was the second kid picked, so we think it worked pretty well... plus the Master Jedi smiled and said... "Yes, I think the force IS strong with you!"

Success!

Hope these tips help you out!

emmetlovesmaleficent
08-21-2009, 01:20 PM
Have u noticed disney bought star wars, indie, rr, and harry potter....

whats next? transformers? lord of the rings?

BIGDOG
08-21-2009, 02:01 PM
Have u noticed disney bought star wars, indie, rr, and harry potter....

whats next? transformers? lord of the rings?

If transformers is for sale I got dibs on Megan Fox

missymouseworld
08-21-2009, 04:55 PM
My son got picked the second time around. We stood to the left of the stage (if you are looking at it from the front) because the line is closer to the stage in that area. He also wore his storm trooper shirt and we got there way early and I stood for an hour to save his spot. If you stand directly in front, the Jedi Master has to look farther into the audience to see you because of the lower stage spots in front of him.

Good Luck....I hope your son gets picked...that was the highlight of my son's trip, and to see his face up there smiling from ear to ear, it was priceless. :trooper::yoda:

BigWes6
08-24-2009, 07:27 PM
Its very cool to watch even for adults ! I'm waiting for a kid to want to be on the dark side.....LOL ! :darth:

Altair
08-24-2009, 08:31 PM
Its very cool to watch even for adults ! :darth:

It's fun to watch because anything can happen when kids are involved. In the show we saw a kid clocked the Dark One right in the head. Let's just say Lord Vader was not amused.:D

BelleCiavo
08-24-2009, 09:21 PM
My son was chosen our first try last year. I think that fact that we went to the training academy while everyone and their mother headed over to TSMM to grab FPs helped, there were only a couple of dozen children in the Padawan pool.

jimsgal05
08-24-2009, 10:08 PM
ok where do we go...near star tours??? we havea 3 1/2 yr old who looks 5...DD is in love with star wars...and she is just like her dad!!! so he will have his star wars tee on and I hope to have a hat!! but where to go cause it isn't on the DHS maps...just the tours... going in 2 weeks

missymouseworld
08-25-2009, 02:28 PM
It is to the left of Star Tours, you can't miss it.

Granny Jill A
08-26-2009, 02:48 PM
My daughter was almost 5 and my son was almost 12 - they seemed to be the high and low ages, with everyone else in between.

It seems to be totally random who gets picked. Both grandkids got picked the first time we saw the show. One was 10 and the other was 7.

It seems like there should be a better way to select the kids. Perhaps a reservation system where they sign up for a certain show time. That could eliminate the disappointment of not getting picked.

TheVBs
08-26-2009, 08:08 PM
Our girls, 9 & 5 have just watched the original three Star Wars for the first time. They love it! We'll definitely have to get them some t-shirts and try for the training academy next visit. :mickey:

BIGDOG
08-27-2009, 02:11 PM
HERE IS A LINK TO SOME GREAT PHOTOS OF THIS SHOW
http://www.wdwinfo.com/Photos/Jedi/index.htm