PDA

View Full Version : Liberty Tree Tavern Getting Character Meal Back

DizneyFreak2002
08-20-2009, 05:46 PM
When Crystal Palace goes down for refurb in January/February 2010, Liberty Tree Tavern will be, once again, hosting character meals. Breakfast, lunch and dinner will be served. Characters will once again be Minnie, Goofy, Chip, Dale, and Pluto.

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-20-2009, 05:51 PM
Really? Cool! I'll take it however I can get it. We loved LTT and missed it on our last trip. :chip: :dale:

Daisy'sMom
08-20-2009, 07:00 PM
I think this is awful. What about all the people that want a good meal without Goofy? There are way to many character meals now. JMO

Madame Leona
08-20-2009, 07:57 PM
I don't know if I would consider LTT a good meal if Goofy wasn't there ;). I really thought the food was just ok but the characters made it special. I hope it comes back on a permanent basis.

luvmyboys4ever
08-20-2009, 08:13 PM
If this is true, I am changing my plans!

JPL
08-20-2009, 08:16 PM
I'm definately not a fan of Heat n Heat frozen food. No matter how many characters they throw in with it :ack:

GrmGrninGost
08-20-2009, 09:31 PM
Fantastic! I hope these arrangements will be permanent! I have sworn off LTT until the characters return. I hope I can make my reservations there for next year! I've got my fingers crossed!
P.S. As for those who don't like the characters, there are plenty of places outside of Disney to eat. We go for one or two weeks a year, and as far as I'm concerned I wish all the TS meals at WDW had characters! As a 46 year old I guess I'm just a big kid, but I LOVE the characters! (so does DW)

DizneyFreak2002
08-20-2009, 10:32 PM
If this is true, I am changing my plans!

It is true, but only for the time Crystal Palace is closed... Once Crystal Palace reopens, the LTT character meals are going away again... (If popular though, who knows????)

SorcererJim
08-20-2009, 10:33 PM
I am sure it's on here somewhere, but what is the timeframe for the CP being closed? I hadn't heard that announcement yet.

TheRustyScupper
08-21-2009, 07:24 AM
1) Fortunately, I think it is only temporary.
2) Just for the period of CP rehab.

GothMickey
08-21-2009, 08:48 AM
I am sure it's on here somewhere, but what is the timeframe for the CP being closed? I hadn't heard that announcement yet.

January/February 2010.

Mickey91
08-21-2009, 09:06 AM
I think this is awful. What about all the people that want a good meal without Goofy? There are way to many character meals now. JMO
There are about 10 restaurants out of over 60 that have character dining. How can that be too many? In the Magic Kingdom area alone, and I'm just counting TS there are 12 restaurants without characters. If you add LTT there are 13. With characters, there are 5 and with LTT 6. So about half the number of non character places. Seeing that the majority of WDW guests are children, I would think that was a little low. Trying to book a character meal is extremely difficult. And please note that for the rest of WDW, the ratio is more like 4 or 5 character meals to about 45 non character. Disney is there because Walt wanted somewhere the whole family could enjoy. The characters are special to WDW. I can't go anywhere else outside of another Disney park and have breakfast with Mickey Mouse! But, I can go just about anywhere and have a steak or seafood and pay about half the price for it. Do I like noncharacter meals at Disney? Absolutely. We have several must eat places. But, if they want to throw in Mickey and Minnie or maybe Robin Hood, be my guest!!:mickey:

It'sWDW4me
08-21-2009, 09:50 AM
I really hope LTT is swamped and they realize what a mistake it was to take Goofy, Minnie, Chip, & Dale away at all. This is my DS's all time favorite TS but we won't be able to be there in Jan/Feb. PLEASE let this be permanent! :mickey:

GothMickey
08-21-2009, 02:49 PM
I really hope LTT is swamped and they realize what a mistake it was to take Goofy, Minnie, Chip, & Dale away at all. This is my DS's all time favorite TS but we won't be able to be there in Jan/Feb. PLEASE let this be permanent! :mickey:

They don't want this to be permanent. And they will rig their guest surveys to how they want to run the parks, siting GUEST SURVEYS SHOW THAT blah blah blah. Personally, I don't like LTT and don't care one way or the other.

momofdisneyprincess
08-21-2009, 03:02 PM
We are arriving May 1, 2010, will CP be open by then? I hope so, that is the one and only place my DD6 wants to eat at.

Gator
08-21-2009, 03:25 PM
I have mixed feeling about this one. I love LTT. It has a great Christmas meal. I always loved the characters, so I'm glad they'll be back for my trip in Jan.

However, my son loves Tigger and Pooh, so it'll be sad to not be able to take to him to the Crystal Palace.

Seasonscraps
08-22-2009, 12:00 AM

If CP is closed, I am sure LTT would be swamped even without bringing back the characters.

I would be surprised if Disney doesn't take the opportunity to sneak in a price increase.

TheRustyScupper
08-22-2009, 08:20 AM
In the Magic Kingdom area alone, and I'm just counting TS there are 12 restaurants without characters. If you add LTT there are 13. With characters, there are 5 and with LTT 6.

1) Huh?
2) Please explain/list your Table Service (TS) count.
3) The only TS eateries in MK of which I am aware are:
. . . Tony's
. . . CP
. . . CRT
. . . LTT
. . . Plaza (and that is really a sandwich joint)
4) Where are the other eight?

Beach Club Babe
08-22-2009, 12:32 PM
1) Huh?
2) Please explain/list your Table Service (TS) count.
3) The only TS eateries in MK of which I am aware are:
. . . Tony's
. . . CP
. . . CRT
. . . LTT
. . . Plaza (and that is really a sandwich joint)
4) Where are the other eight?

If I'm reading correctly I think the poster is referring to restaurants not just in MK, but at the MK resorts as well as the post said MK "area".

joanna71985
08-22-2009, 02:09 PM
I hope the characters remain at LTT. I miss the character dinner, and I haven't eaten there since they left.

TheRustyScupper
08-22-2009, 02:57 PM
If I'm reading correctly I think the poster is referring to restaurants not just in MK, but at the MK resorts as well as the post said MK "area".

1) Could well mean the WHOLE MK area (if so, I apologize, in advance).
2) If, so, then there are more eateries.
3) But, who wants to leave the park jsts to eat without characters?
4) Just the travel can kill up to two hours of the day.
. . . walk to main gate (maybe from back of park)
. . . walk to transportation
. . . get to resort
. . . walk to eatery
. . . repeat, in reverse

GrmGrninGost
08-22-2009, 06:58 PM
Again I must say, you have the whole world to eat without the characters, but only in the World (and other Disney parks) to eat with them. WDW is for families, but mainly it's for the kids, no matter how old we may be. I can't see depriving children (even this 46 year old child) of a dinner with Mickey or Goofy just because you don't like the characters at your table. If you politely ask, they will pass you by and leave you in peace.

Mickey91
08-22-2009, 07:30 PM
1) Could well mean the WHOLE MK area (if so, I apologize, in advance).
2) If, so, then there are more eateries.
4) Just the travel can kill up to two hours of the day.
. . . walk to main gate (maybe from back of park)
. . . walk to transportation
. . . get to resort
. . . walk to eatery
. . . repeat, in reverse
I agree this does take time away from the park, but the Magic Kingdom is a kid oriented park. The characters and the ability to "dine" with them is a big deal. As adults, we can understand and learn to live with time delays a lot better than kids. I'm sure you have no trouble for the children to waste precious park time to eat at Chef Mickeys, Ohana, or 1900 Park Fair? I would think as an adult and a Disney CM(either past or present), your thoughts would be more toward giving the children a magical vacation than the adults a convenient one.

Gator
08-22-2009, 09:07 PM

I often leave to go to 1900 Park Faire or Chef Mickeys because I want more character meals. They should definitely bring back characters to both LTT and CP. Then me and my kids wouldn't have to leave the parks as much. It's much easier for some fuddy-duddy adults to leave the parks than a family loaded with kids.

ransam
08-22-2009, 09:55 PM
i am very happy to hear that.

dismommy
08-23-2009, 09:54 AM
We went to LTT for the first time in 2008 and my son really liked it and has mentioned wanting to go back next trip. He doesn't care about the food and I really don"t either character meals are for his enjoyment not for the culinary experience, basically the whole trip is for his enjoyment although DH and I have alot of fun also. If they don"t bring the characters back to LTT tavern FT we will probably go to Garden Grill or Park Fare, we always go to Chef Mickeys and Crystal Palace.:mickey2::pooh:

Belster
08-23-2009, 10:03 AM
I am so happy about this!!! There are just not enough dining options at MK that include characters. I do not like CP so I am sad to say that this trip we will not be eating at MK...:(

Looks like between the new SM and LTT I need to get cracking on another trip for next year!!