PDA

View Full Version : CSR Room Location?

Belster
08-20-2009, 05:00 PM
I have asked so many questions about CSR and I kepe changing my mind as to what location I want to stay in...I can tell you I do not want to stay in Rancho at all.

Between Casitas and Cabana which would you chose? One thing I would like to be able to do is refill my mug a lot...I know that sounds funny...lol. I also, don't want to be too far from the Dig Site but I am not too concerned with that as we could always use a little walk...haha.

So I guess my question is what building would you prefer and why?

The cast:

Myself
DH
DD12
DS4
DS 1
DGM

buzz2001
08-20-2009, 05:57 PM
It depends what you will be doing? Do you plan on eating lots of meals while at CSR? Or buying refillable mugs? Or do you plan on spending most of your time at the pool and parks with just an occasional visit to the main building?

JPL
08-20-2009, 08:22 PM
Another resort ;)

But seriously we stayed relatively close to the main lobby in Building 1 and it was still a bit of hike to either Bus stop so I would say try and choose a location close to one of the bus stops.

Hammer
08-20-2009, 08:37 PM
My choice would be Cabanas. If you are in Cabanas 8A or B you are right by the pool. I think you can refill your mug at the pool bar, so that is an option. Also, there is a bridge to the main building right by these buildings. I found the walk to be less than 5 minutes and I do not walk fast. You are also right by bus stop #4 and we always had a seat on the bus using that stop.

Casitas is fine as well, but I like the location of Cabanas for proximity to the kids activities based on your group's makeup.

KatMark
08-20-2009, 09:27 PM
We've stayed in the Casitas on all seven of our visits. Casitas 3 is where we were last year. It was literally two minutes to the main building for refilling our drinks, but a longer hike to the main pool. Most of the other times, we've been in Casitas 4 or 5 which is about a five - seven minute walk (depending on your pace) to the main building and about eight - ten minutes to the main pool (depending on your pace). These three buildings are all close to Bus Stop 2 which is the first stop picked up and dropped off. This year, we've actually requested the Ranchos or the Cabanas for a change of pace.

Disney Doll
08-21-2009, 10:38 AM
We stayed in Casitas and were very happy with the location. We were pretty close to the main building and food court, but it was a bit of a walk to the pool and the dig site. Honestly though the grounds are so nice that we didn't mind walking. I wouldn't want Rancheros just because the desert theme wasn't as pretty in my opinion.

Gator
08-21-2009, 03:18 PM
You're all making a mistake by discounting the Rancho area. Although the Casitas architecture is nice, the landscaping is blah. The Ranchos have great styling plus fantastic landscaping. And the big bonus is have two bus stops on either end of the area. It's very convenient.

Besides, filling that mug up with soda everyday will kill your kidneys.;)

buzz2001
08-21-2009, 08:44 PM
You're all making a mistake by discounting the Rancho area. Although the Casitas architecture is nice, the landscaping is blah. The Ranchos have great styling plus fantastic landscaping. And the big bonus is have two bus stops on either end of the area. It's very convenient.

Besides, filling that mug up with soda everyday will kill your kidneys.;)I agree. Rancho 7b has great rooms, is close to the main pool, has a quiet pool and is close to bus stop #4. Its just a bit farther than cabana 8a from the main building.

Belster
08-22-2009, 03:14 PM
Haha about the filling up with pop...that was cute. Yeah I am actually an avid coffee drinker...noone wants to be around me when I have not had my coffee.

Pirate Granny
08-24-2009, 09:21 PM
This will be our first stay at the CSR...and I think I'm bringing my hot pot to boil water for my tea rather than have to walk to get a refill...I found the same problem with the distance when we stayed at POR in the mansion section last year...although right across from the bridge to the main building...wasn't worth the walk every morning to get a cup of tea...ah...but FQ or any of the Values (as the bus stop is outside of the cafeterias) it makes perfect sense.
:pirate: