PDA

View Full Version : Disney Animation Movie Favorite Memories

Phantod
08-19-2009, 02:25 PM
Okay, way back in 1993, when some of the "real" animators were still at DHS, we took the tour. They were in the process of drawing Lion King. They explained how they went to see actual lions to emulate their movements....it was way cool. Needless to say, Lion King is our favorite Disney animated feature.

Do you have any special memories or activities with regard to specific Disney animation moves?

alphamommy
08-19-2009, 03:42 PM
The first movie DD9 saw in a theater was "Jungle Book 2". We were visiting my BFF and her family, and she put in the tape of the original "Jungle Book" for DD (then 3) to watch before we went.

We got to the theater and sat down. The movie started, and within 5 minutes of the beginning, DD began asking (in a rather loud voice), "Where is Babloo the Bear?" I kept whispering to her that he would be on the screen in a few minutes, but this only increased her anticipation. "Where is Babloo the Bear? Where is Babloo the Bear?"

When "Babloo" finally appeared, she jumped up, pointed at the screen, and shouted, "There he is! There he is! There is Babloo the Bear!"

:rotfl:

Christine
08-19-2009, 04:11 PM
Oh so many!!! The one that stands out most in my mind though is when Sleeping Beauty went to the spinning wheel! I remember being little and seeing that in a Saturday at the theater and FREAKING OUT as she walked to it.