PDA

View Full Version : What can you tell me about AKL--club level

Aurora's Mom
08-19-2009, 01:37 PM
Is it worth it? How are the child activity centers? What do they do?

Do they offer activities by the pool for the kids (not the kids club, just normally--when parents are there)?

What kind of snacks/drinks are available in the lounge? Can you get bottled water there? Is it a good place to grab a snack to stick in your bag for the park?

I want to take a really nice trip next year, but I want to be able to justify the costs. It sounds wonderful.

TammiMcMan
08-19-2009, 04:24 PM
Is it worth it?This is the million dollar question and no one can answer that but you. For AKL specifically, many would say that the ability to book the sunrise safari makes it completely worth it. There is a 99.99% chance that you'll be in a savannah view room, however you will be on the 4th floor. The lounge is on the 6th floor, so you'd need to put your key card in the special slot in the elevator to access the club level area.

How are the child activity centers? What do they do?Are you talking about Simba's Playhouse, which is more like a child care option for the evenings or the things available to kids at the resort?

Do they offer activities by the pool for the kids (not the kids club, just normally--when parents are there)?Yes, I know there have been arts and crafts by the pool deck. Schedules for programs and activities change though, so you could get an idea of what's offered here, but won't know for sure until you check-in.

What kind of snacks/drinks are available in the lounge?Breakfast includes yogurt, fruit, cold cereal, bagels. Afternoon snacks include bowls of pretzels, chips, goldfish crackers. Tea time includes an assortment of cookies. Appetizers can be hummus and crackers, ribs, sliced vegetables, soup, wine and beer. Dessert offerings include yummy desserts from Boma and some cordials. Everything is time driven though, so you have to be sure you are at the lounge when that particular offering is available.

Can you get bottled water there?No, there are no individual bottles of water. You can ask for a large glass bottle to take to your room and refill your own. There are cans of soda and to-go cups with lids for the water, lemonade, iced tea.

Is it a good place to grab a snack to stick in your bag for the park?You'd need to bring your own supply of sandwich bags as most of the food is not pre-packaged, but displayed on trays. As I mentioned, if you are staying in a standard club level room, it may not be super convenient to get to the lounge.

bkfree
08-25-2009, 05:37 PM
While we did not stay on club level, we recently stayed at AKl with our two kids.
They had tons of scheduled activities for the kids, indoors and out,everyday.
We had a blast and fell in love with this resort. It really felt like you were in another country.
Many of the desserts, appetizers etc. that are sold at Boma are available at the Quick Service food center, Mara.
To us, staying at AKL was like taking two trips at once.
The Magical Disney parks was one part and the exotic African theme was like being in another country at the same time.
We will definitely be returning to AKL.
It is such a great resort with great amenities that Club level is not really necessary to feel really pampered, indulged and a VIP.
And they upgraded us to a Savannah room free of charge at check in.