PDA

View Full Version : O'Hana

A&M'sMommy
08-19-2009, 10:46 AM
I'm struggling trying to find a restaurant (that's not in a park) for my Husband's 40th.

What's on the buffet for dinner at O'Hana? I checked the menu and it didn't list a whole lot so I was curious if anyone has been recently what was served?

Thanks! :)

Christine
08-19-2009, 11:09 AM
It's actually not a buffet, but rather a family style, food brought to your table thing.

You start with coconut pineapple bread and salad, noodles, broccoli, chicken wings, dumplings, pork, turkey, beef, shrimp, wonderful dipping sauces (especially the peanut sauce) and they top it off with a bread pudding/bananas foster and ice cream that is outta this world!

We just celebrated my DHs 40th there last Saturday! You won't regret it but get your ADR as soon as you can because it books up fast!

lighteningqueen
08-19-2009, 11:12 AM
Grilled Pork, Chicken and Beef brought to your table on skewers for everyone, whatever you want and as much as you want, Noodles, broccoli,salad, wings, If you like the meat well done it isn't so much last time I asked 3 times and the last time they burned it to death, never refilled our veggies for 6 of us and those little bowls. I wound eating leaves in the salead for 30.00 and had to ask for refills for it. They never just brought it on their own . I was so disappointed this last time that the taste and wait staff were no very good. Why wouldn't they cook the pork better?? And the Chicken. We will skip this one next time. If he is a potatoe person they do not bring any just a few of those peanut noodles. Dessert is good Bananas foster I think.

magicofdisney
08-19-2009, 11:20 AM
This is the one place my husband specifically request when we go to Disney and use the DDP. He LOVES this place.

If you like grilled meat, you'll love it here. All other food mentioned is wonderful. My aunt especially loves the dressing on the salad.

The pineapple bread (before) and dessert (after-if you have room for it) are fantabulous!

Mackflava99
08-19-2009, 11:32 AM
Meat !!

Steak
Chicken
Pork

and also shrimp !!

The appetizers are wings and noodles

and the dessert is bread pudding !!!

Septbride2002
08-19-2009, 11:42 AM
My husband really enjoys O'hana's - it is one of his favorite places to eat.

~Amanda

SBETigg
08-19-2009, 11:50 AM
We love 'Ohana, too. Great atmosphere, really fun, and lots of good food. We're always nearly full before the meat skewers even come out, and then it's a struggle to be sure to taste some of the dessert, which would be a shame to miss because it's so good.

LudwigVonDrake
08-20-2009, 07:04 PM
'Ohana = :tasty:

nyobabe2
08-21-2009, 08:20 AM
I wanna go here too, but is there a kids menu?

mousetrapper
08-21-2009, 08:38 AM
I think I'm in the minority here - I am not a big Ohana fan. I just think of meat, meat, meat, loud (rather obnoxious) "entertainment" and lackluster/bad service.

I am constantly perplexed by those who say Ohana is a must-do for them. Maybe we've just always had sub-par experiences there.

I think it's fine for those with younger kids who will enjoy the coconut roll games etc. and people in the party who enjoy a constant supply of meat.

I do love the Poly though - fantastic decor and atmosphere, and it's also nice to watch the fireworks through the window.

JMO! ;) I've heard some say Kona is actually better than Ohana's for dinner. We've only eaten there for breakfast and love it, although the atmosphere isn't as great as Ohana's.

azcavalier
08-21-2009, 08:47 AM

No, because there's no menu at all. You sit down, and they just start bringing you food. But there is enough variety that everyone usually can find something that they like.

There is definitely a lot of meat, and it's struggle not to pig out so much that there is no room for dessert. We love O'Hana!

This time, my wife told everyone to pick a restaurant that they wanted to go to, and my son shouted, "O'Hana!"

magicofdisney
08-21-2009, 09:43 AM
You're not given a menu, per se, but they will make hotdogs and hamburgers (and I think chicken nuggets) for the kiddos. That's what my kids usually order.

ThanxForNoticin
08-21-2009, 11:31 AM
'OHana is an amazing dining experience. It's fun for kids of all ages. There is a wide variety of food that's served (as listed above by previous posters), so everyone can find what they like best and eat as much of it as they want. It's hard to beat a place like that.

But definitely, definitely, definitely save some room for dessert! Hope you get the chance to enjoy this place. We go as often as possible!

Jennifer_and_Chris
08-24-2009, 02:10 AM
This is perfect for your celebration. I love Ohana's! It is a must do! Everytime we've gone for dinner, there's always someone celebrating a birthday or anniversary. The atmosphere leds itself to those types of celebrations.

trudisneygal
08-25-2009, 12:14 AM
We love Ohana's! We try to eat here every trip! DH loves it (the fact that you can get as much of everything you want and the meat is brought out on 3 foot long skewers) and it's my favorite dessert in all of WDW I think! Bread pudding with caramel sauce:lei: Last time we ate here it was just myself and my DH and they sat us at a window where I had a dead on perfect view of Cinderella's Castle. As we ate, I loved watching it change colors:cloud9: If you decide to eat here, be sure that you let them know it's your husband's 40th birthday when you make your ADRs. Sometimes they will do something special if you ask, and let them know you are celebrating a special occasion. Also, we have eaten at a WDW restaurant for my DH's bday( he chose Garden Grill a couple of years ago) and I ordered him a little cake through the restaurant, which they brought out after the meal. Good luck with your decision!

DisneyHoneymooners
08-25-2009, 08:39 AM
Save room for dessert. And if you don't think you have room for dessert...eat it anyway!!!!

Rosemickey68
08-26-2009, 05:36 PM
We LOVE Ohana's. It is one of our favorite places to eat. It is fun and good! I love the music and especially getting a table by the windows looking out over the lagoon and seeing the MK when we eat. It is beautiful at night! If you book close to the time the MK fireworks it is even better!
We had great service when we ate there in July. The boys/men in my family love all of the grilled meat! Texas boys love their grilled meat! :eat:
They served broccoli, mixed vegetables,salad, noodles, potstickers, bread, wings, turkey, pork, steak, shrimp, several dips, and bread pudding with a vanilla sauce topped with ice cream.
The food is delicious!! They bring all of the food to your table in bowls, plates and serve the meat right off the skewers...it seems like it never ends. You leave the place stuffed!
If they didn't give you enough of something (for example the poster above that said they didn't get enough noodles) all you have to do is ask the waiter for more, they will bring it to you.
We ate there for dinner and for breakfast this trip...and if we didn't have enough of something they are more than happy to bring you more.
My DH and I ate at Ohana's for our anniversary last year. It is a great place to celebrate and occasion. I think it would be a perfect place for your DH's b-day.

tinksmom02
08-26-2009, 11:04 PM
This time, my wife told everyone to pick a restaurant that they wanted to go to, and my son shouted, "O'Hana!"

'Ohana and Chef Mickey's are the only must-do's on my daughter's (she's 7 now) list each year. My little carnivore loves the "steak on a stick place!"

ransam
08-26-2009, 11:17 PM
some of the best foot i've ever had....and it just kept coming!!! over and over and over....
oh my gosh.

magicofdisney
08-27-2009, 12:54 PM
I'm not sure this has been mentioned, but they have some fun entertainment during your meal.

Of course there's the occasional lounge singing, but they also offer an amateur course in hula dancing and coconut racing for the kiddos. :mickey:

joonyer
08-27-2009, 05:08 PM
We love 'Ohana. But its not fine dining in a quiet refined atmosphere. It's loud, noisy, with lots of action going on and lots of simple food, and did I mention lots of it? It's definitely a family FUN oriented restaurant with a really neat South Pacific style and a huge open fire grill in the middle of the dining room, so if you go expecting fine dining, a la California Grill, Artist Point, or Victoria & Albert's, you will be disappointed. But if you want to have a really fun family meal, with lots of good food (especially meat) you'll have a great time.