PDA

View Full Version : Best Deluxe Resort?

disneycutie165
08-19-2009, 09:07 AM
Ok, i had to do this! If I voted on this poll, I would go with WL. It's all up to you. So please vote on your fave deluxe resort and tell why! Thanks!

VWL Mom
08-19-2009, 09:16 AM
I would go with WL. I just love the smaller size and setting, very cozy, very relaxing.

Wrigley
08-19-2009, 09:42 AM
This is a tough one! There are so many really neat deluxes! I guess if I had to choose just one, I would go with WL. I just love the overall feel of the resort. I also really like the themeing, the music that plays in the lobby, basically everything about it. (Yacht Club is a very, very close second!):mickey:

ibrowse17
08-19-2009, 09:44 AM
Another vote for the WL. :thumbsup:

blondeinbrandon
08-19-2009, 09:44 AM
I just love AKL! But to be truthfull I have never stayed at WL, and everyone I know that has LOVES it. So my next deluxe will be WL.:thumbsup:

SurferStitch
08-19-2009, 09:47 AM
Wow, that was easy....Grand Flo!!

We love the Victorian theme, and gracious and friendly staff, the beautifully appointed rooms, the service, the orchestra, and the overall feel you get there. It's elegant yet very casual and comfortable at the same time.

We love the Poly, but the Grand Flo is tops for us!!

laprana
08-19-2009, 10:07 AM
My favorite is definitely the Poly! It's the first resort we stayed in on property, so it holds a lot of sentimental value for me, plus it's just awesome! :D WL is a close second. Love the themeing there!

KatMark
08-19-2009, 10:17 AM
We have only stayed at two -- the CR and the Poly. Of those two, Poly wins hands down. We are trying AKL next year for a few days before going back to our moderate and the next year the Beach Club for a few days. None of the others appeal to us.

yjgirl32
08-19-2009, 10:50 AM
I have not gotten the pleasure of stayng at any of the deluxe resorts, but going by what the theming is I would choose AKL. Mainly because I love animals.

Jeniflower
08-19-2009, 10:57 AM
i've only stayed at two but this year going back to WL, friendly staff, relaxing setting, not to catered towards one type (i.e families) but plently to do wether you have kids or don't. Should we spread the word and let others enjoy it or keep it too ourselves and savour the experience

Mousemates
08-19-2009, 11:25 AM
The best to me is the contemporary for the following reasons: (not in any particular order)

1. Its iconic nature
2. The Monorail
3. Access to water sports
4. Ability to walk to the Magic Kingdom
5. Great views of either the Magic Kingdom or bay lake and the water parade.
6. Large room (love the bathroom arrangement)
7. A great place for breakfast (Chef Mickey's) and Supper (California Grill)
8. Ease of transportation to other resorts for dining (GF/Poly/WL/FWC)

Checkers
08-19-2009, 11:36 AM
:mickey:I voted for the BWI. My DH & I love the location to Epcot/DHS and the ease with which you can catch the boat. We have stayed at WL, GF, YC, BC & BWI. We really liked them all but BWI was our favorite!

A Mouse Fan
08-19-2009, 04:52 PM
I voted for the WL! It's an awesome resort to come back to after a crazy day at the parks. Very relaxing and soothing. I just love everything about it!

SBETigg
08-19-2009, 04:58 PM
I love the Grand Floridian. The location, the theming, the room size and set-up with bathrooms with double sink vanity outside the shower area, the pools (two fantastic pool choices) plus hot tubs and spa, the shops and restaurants! It's one resort that has it all, for me.

The Polynesian would be my second choice for the remote, relaxed, exotic feel.

jpH/keD
08-19-2009, 05:33 PM
Havent stayed at any YET! But I have done research for our next trip. Visited WL, GF, CR, and Poly for meals and LOVED all of them !!

Our next trip will be in the summer and SAB wins hands down for the best pool on property!
Poly coming in a close second. The DH would choose WL if he got a vote-but he doesnt! :)

So I voted for Beach Club and the SAB pool!
Here we come....

Carolanne
08-19-2009, 07:22 PM
I've stayed at the Poly, Grand Flo, and Contemporary and my favorite of those is the Poly.

It was the first WDW resort that my family & I stayed at. I love the accessability to both the monorail & the TTC and the CM's are awesome (hearing aloha & mahola never gets old). It just feels like Disney when we stay there. I'd stay there all the time if we could.

DisneyorBust
08-19-2009, 08:43 PM
Without question, the Polynesian resort.
The Polynesian to me is such a great getaway, the theming, resort landscaping, large room size, views of WISHES! from the beach. I can't wait to return in 16 days!:D

Marceline
08-19-2009, 08:54 PM
People, people, people.....I implore you....can't we keep the wonderful greatness of the Wilderness Lodge a secret??? ;)

It is hard enough to book in December as it is! :secret::D

iheartdisney
08-19-2009, 09:49 PM
For us, it depends on the time of year but I voted for Beach Club overall. We do love WL and AKL during the Christmas Holiday season, however. And Poly and GC are great during the "off" season when swimming isn't a priority for our family. Boy, this was a tough post! Decisions, decisions!

GrmGrninGost
08-19-2009, 10:05 PM
My favorite is the WL with the Poly a close second! :mickey:

lockedoutlogic
08-19-2009, 10:17 PM
Beach
Wilderness
Animal Kingdom

all others

Bubbie Girl
08-19-2009, 10:23 PM
I voted for the Poly because I really like the atmosphere at that resort. I love Palm trees and they have lots!!! It can't be beat for transportation either with the monorail and close to the TTC. We love to sit on the beach at night and watch the water parade and wishes. The remodeled rooms are very nice and bigger than the other resorts we've stayed at. Really you can't go wrong at any of the resorts and I really like the WL but it has lots of Beautiful Big Pines like we have here at home and like I said I love the Palm trees and tropicial feel. No matter where you stay though its Walt Disney World and thats what counts!!

DisneyDoug2
08-20-2009, 01:01 PM
Have to go with the WL!

jnfr2424
08-20-2009, 09:55 PM
This was tough! I am truly lucky enough to have visited all of these resorts including some repeat visits so I voted for the one deluxe I have visted more than twice - WL!

Mickey91
08-21-2009, 04:54 PM
Another vote for the WL. Though the Poly and CR are very close behind. It was a tough decision!!:mickey:

javamama
08-24-2009, 02:40 PM
I do love the Poly, and WL, but since I was a little kid we used to stay at the CR(I was 7 the first time I stayed there) so it holds a dear spot in heart. My next trip will be the GF though, so I'm always willing to try something new:D

Imagineer1981
08-24-2009, 03:30 PM
I had to do Beach Club. We love Poly, but Beach Club has a great central location, beautiful rooms, Storm along bay, Beaches and Cream, Cape May Cafe and more!

darthmacho
08-25-2009, 11:23 AM
It is amazing that Wilderness Lodge, while not offering entertainment or monorail, almost always leads these polls on deluxe resorts. Not only do I agree, but it speaks volumes about the beautiful design of this gem of a resort they have there at WDW! :mickey:

Oh, and of course, I agree wholeheartedly that Wilderness Lodge is THE best resort!

bruin1344
08-25-2009, 01:07 PM
ive only stayed at BC but been to pretty much all of them, I prefer BC because of Cape May, the pool, and its very close proximity to Epcot and DHS.

Ian
08-25-2009, 02:50 PM
This is such a tough choice ... it's really close to a three-way tie for me between the Grand Flo, the Poly, and the Beach Club.

Ultimately, since I'm an Epcot guy, I went with the Beach Club.

KarenP
08-25-2009, 02:55 PM
Poly all the way for me!

diz_girl
08-25-2009, 02:57 PM
I voted for the Poly. I just love the lobby and the grounds, the view from the beach, and the dining and transportation.

Close behind is WL, GF and CR, not necessarily in that order.

dtootsie42
08-25-2009, 06:14 PM
We've stayed at the Poly and Contemporary....hands down for us it is the Poly. We love the relaxing mood that seems to float through the resort. It is a wonderful tropical get-a-way when you can't get to a real tropical island.

AllDisney
08-25-2009, 10:03 PM
Have only stayed at 2 and AKL is my fav so far:thumbsup:

Darbylew
08-25-2009, 10:58 PM
I chose GF. I have never stayed there but it
just looks like a great place to stay. We stayed
at AKL one time and really loved it. We mostly
stay at the moderate resorts. We are never in
the room. Always in the parks. If I was going to
just enjoy a resort then it would have to be
GF. :thumbsup: