PDA

View Full Version : Waterparks & Shoes

kdssmorse
08-19-2009, 08:56 AM
I have read the threads from 07 and it does say to bring watershoes as the ground gets hot. Do you think that flipflops and crocs are good enough? Does Disney allow shoes on the water rides? We leave tomorrow!

betteratmk
08-19-2009, 09:09 AM
We leave in about 5 weeks and I have been looking everywhere for watershoes for DS12. The ground gets hot and some of it is rough, If you can find them I would advise you to get some.

deedeebee
08-19-2009, 09:53 AM
Really Hot!! I would not go in the wave pool with regular shoes, you may never see them again. My DD's had aqua socks, my 14yr old DS just did flip flops and usually went barefoot, he didn't want "baby shoes" with all those girls around!;)

SurferStitch
08-19-2009, 10:32 AM
We wore water shoes the one time we went to BB. We bought them at the store in BB. I think we paid $15-$20 for adult shoes (this was back in 2003). If we were to go back, I would probably wear cheap flip flops instead. We definitely needed something on our feet in that heat! Also, I don't like to walk barefoot in public places anyway.

You can't wear them on the slides and such, but you just hold them while you're on the slide. You don't have to leave them sit anywhere. We were able to wear them on raft rides and in the lazy river.

Mousemates
08-19-2009, 02:07 PM
I wear my teva water shoes in the water parks...the same shoes I wear (and swear by) for the rest of WDW...great shoes.

sisterdisco
08-19-2009, 08:29 PM
We just came back. We wear our sandals, then leave them w/ our stuff at a chair and go barefoot. They spray water on the walkways, so you don't burn your feet.

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-19-2009, 08:39 PM
I wore my crocs at BB. I was able to wear them in the wave pool, lazy river, etc with no issues.

You can't wear them on the "real" slides though. I would really recommend wearing shoes, DD didn't and she found the paths to be VERY hot and uncomfortable.

thrillme
08-20-2009, 04:25 PM
I love my crocs and wear them all the time...be wary of them around water although...I've nearly busted my keester a few times. Water socks are often best because they protect your feet from the ground and you can usually wear these on slides...they also provide better traction. Flip flops/crocs are the most comfortable but you will have to hold these as you go down slides and really can't wear them in wave pools.

Blizzard Beach can be misery on the feet. Typhoon lagoon has quite a bit of shading and I can easily get by without shoes at all.