PDA

View Full Version : Whispering Canyon/Canyon Skillet....

Live4WDW
08-18-2009, 05:38 PM
:mickey: Hi all. Arriving in WDW this Fri for 5 nights, and are having dinner at the Whispering Canyon. DW and I are on the Deluxe DDP and are curious to what exactly is the Canyon skillet, and is it all you can eat? Anybody with any info, it will sure be appreciated. Thanks:mickey:

Strmchsr
08-18-2009, 06:24 PM
Yeah it's all you can eat bbq beans, beef brisket, chicken, etc. Quite tasty!

Live4WDW
08-18-2009, 07:04 PM
:mickey::eat: Ahhhhh, Chris thank you! DW and I look forward to it. :D

Maryln8
08-18-2009, 10:43 PM
We just ate there in June. We forgot how good it was. The kids loved the atmosphere. The potatoes are yummy. The shakes are included in the meal plan and are refillable, some restaurants include specialty drinks but they are not refillable. always ask.

WishesFan13
08-19-2009, 10:02 AM
I know eveyone has their own opinion of Whispering Canyon, but DH and I love it. We're going in 5 weeks and 1 day and decided to book WC for the last day so we have something to look forward to (i always hate the last day). The skillet is great. Everything is so good. The skillet has chicken, ribs, mashed potatos, corn on the cob, baked beans, cornbread, and coleslaw. The other day i was talking to a friend at work and just thinking about it made me hungry. You can get more of whatever you want in the skillet. Last time we got more cornbread (wonderful) and ribs. OK i think i need to get some breakfast.

magicofdisney
08-19-2009, 11:46 AM
Sounds like positive reviews so far for dinner. I don't recommend the breakfast. The first (and last) time we had the skillet for breakfast, the food was awful. Everything was dry and tasteless.

It's so disappointing to have a bad meal at those prices.

Goes4FastPass
08-19-2009, 11:59 AM
And be sure to

Wear a Universal Studios TShirt
Ask where the bathroom is
Ask for extra ketchup
Chew gum
etc.

#1donaldfan
08-19-2009, 12:54 PM
...the breakfast skillet is WAY better than the dinner one......just sayin':thumbsup: