PDA

View Full Version : Massanutten, VA over Christmas

DisnIse
08-18-2009, 03:24 PM
We're actually NOT going to WDW for the second time since 1997 over New Years. I'm excited to do something new, but I am so in Disney withdrawal...

Anyway, does anyone have any inside scoop on the Massanutten Resort in Virginia? It's an RCI resort, and it looks fabulous on the website.

I'm just hoping the website isn't deceiving!!!!

Boom Baby
08-19-2009, 09:06 AM
I've been to Massanutten a few times. It is a large resort with many different kinds of activities, most of which you pay as you go, so account for that in your budgeting. The accommodations range from new and modern to old and cozy, so it depends on which RCI unit you traded into. I also believe they are currently upgrading the Summit units. The waterpark is great, half is indoors and half is outdoors. I've always gone in the summer so we enjoy both halves. In December only the indoor section will be open, but there is plenty, including a wave rider, it's cool. I don't ski so I can't comment on that, but I know they also have snow tubing. On the website that have the current activity calendar, you can get an idea of the kinds of activites they offer and how much they cost. Oh, and one more thing you need to have a car, the resort is on an entire mountain side, you can not get from one place to another without a car. If you have any special questions I can try to answer, just ask.

DisnIse
08-20-2009, 10:35 AM
Thanks! We are driving (from Chicago), so we'll have our car. I've been on their website, but they don't have prices or anything listed for winter. I am hoping that the activity card (the summer one includes almost every activity imaginable) will help save us some money.

My oldest (10) is dying to take a snowboard lesson. The little guys (6) will be happy enough with tubing, I think.

We've been disappointed with some of our RCI exchanges before, so I just want to be prepared, you know??

Thanks again.

FutureFairygodmother
08-20-2009, 02:07 PM
We stayed there in 2004 for President's Day week-end. My DD (10 at the time) did the snowboarding lessons. It was all day and included lunch. It was her first time snowboarding and she loved it. Have a wonderful time, we love VA!