PDA

View Full Version : Lizzy's Beach Club Birthday! Day 2

Lizzy
08-18-2009, 03:24 PM
Cast:
Lizzy- 30th birthday/ Princess
Boyfriend- Along for the ride

As tired as I was I still somehow beat the alarm Sunday morning. Was up and showered and ready to hit the park, and somehow my dear boyfriend dragged himself up as well, and we made it to the gate before they opened. It was Extra Magic hour in the morning for Epcot.

As soon as we got in we headed over to Soarin, we walked right on and got in the front row. I love this ride as usual, boyfriend enjoyed it but pointed out somethins he thought they could have done better. We head over to Test Track for a fast pass and then walked onto Mission Space. This was my first time on this ride and I was terrified. When it was over I wondered why I waited so long. It was great, but not nearly as intense as I thought (and yes, I went through the more intense training side) We went and rode Spaceship Earth and I am very disappointed with the changes. The only thing I got a kick out of was the looks on our faces in our pictures on those little bodies at the end. Rediculous! LOL. We took some pictures and mosied around the Art of Disney Store. Then went back to Test Track. Boyfriend loved this ride because it was the closest thing to a coaster. I had to re explain that it was an entertainment park, not a thrill park.

We decided that we would go back to Test Track in the evening, and head over to the WS now. It was almost 11 so nothing was open yet. We hung around Norway and rode Maelstrom as soon as it opened. As we were getting onto the ride some people went into the wrong row and the cast member had a fit. She was so mean about moving them to the correct row. She pointed at the floor was like Row 4, do you see the 4 on the floor? That is where you should be. I could not believe how rude she was to the Guests. We skipped the movie and went back and rode Mexico. I love the 3 Cabelleros, but I don't know. The ride was still just lacking. I wasn't entertained at all. Boyfriend fell asleep. I was suprised me made it that far. We head over to Germany and waited on Jeanne and Jim for lunch. I looked around the store and when Jeanne got there I almost knocked her down. Whoops, got a little excited, but I was already one Margarita in- and they did not spare the alcohol! Boyfriend didn't eat at Biergarten, just got the beer, while the rest of us ate. I enjoyed it and the show came on, but it wasn't the usual cast that I normally see there and they were not as entertaining. (For HGOI memories- I texted DisneyWizard and told him that I would keep an eye out for his princess with the tiera.)

After lunch, poor Jeanne got dragged all over the park by me on her bad knee. For some reason we rode Mexico again, and of course poor Boyfriend was sleeping. While we were in the lobby area of Mexico- some random guest (not cast member- gues) walked up and asked if he could sing me happy birthday. I don't know if he was expecting me to accept but I did, and he actually sang wonderfully, but very exaggerated! Wasn't sure where he came from but was very :confused:

We got fast passes for Test Track then Boyfriend and I did the character spot and he told Minnie that no one rocks the polka dots like she does. Even though her face is frozen in a smile I still think she was giving him a strange look. :D

We went back to UK because my boyfriend loves Eeyore and it was getting late. But wouldn't you know, it was Mary Poppins and Alice instead. Alice was creepy as could be. Words cannot describe the weird feeling she gave us.

Boyrfriend headed back to the hotel for his smokes and I hung out with Jeanne and Jim some more and people watched. First this rather elderly lady in a wheelchair was pushed by and I thought for sure she was wearing the veil ears. :jaw: Then my birthday singer came by and I ducked down. This one guy had some ribbon tatoo so Jeanne asked if she could see the rest. The guys wife said "oh please don't, you really don't want to ask that" Well he proceeds to pull up on his shorts, then down on them and up on his shirt reavealing a ribbon wrapped all around his body. :eek2: His poor wife stood and shook her head and said "I warned you"

So moving on we went and rode Nemo and did Turtle Talk. Again, boyfriend was sleeping through both. I really wished I didn't wear him out so bad because as always I was laughing out loud at Crush. Jeanne and Him departed at this point and my BF and I headed back over to Test track. The fastpass line was out the door, and it was after 7:30 now. I wanted to make sure I got a good spot for Illuminations, so we gave our fastpasses away and headed back to the WS. Decided to park it right there next to the entrance to the WS right before Mexico. I couldn't have picked a better spot. This was the best viewing area I have ever watched the show from. I caught things that I had missed before.

After the show we headed back to the room. I had a stomach ache so we decided to skip the hot tub and just crash. Considering Boyfriend had slept through most of the attractions I knew he was tired.

Day 3
We knew we would not be getting up early a 3rd day in a row so we requested late check out. I was up long before boyfriend so I went down and got some breakfast, and walked around and took some last pictures. It's always so sad the last day. Knowing you are heading back to reality and all of life's woes. once boyfriend woke up we gathered up our stuff and headed out. I was looking forward to seeing my kids, I was missing them completly but was glad for the weekend away with Boyfriend. Poor guy, he's not used to Disney travel like I am, so for him it he wasn't expecting the expense of it all. He was overly disappointed in all the rude cast members we encountered. I was a little bit too, I admit. But still had a nice time and hope that boyfriend wasn't too jaded so that we can do it again some time!

BluewaterBrad
08-18-2009, 03:52 PM
Hope you two will do it again! Short trips are tough sometimes. You are just getting into the "magic" and then its "check out" time!!:mickey:

Mickeydream
08-19-2009, 09:02 PM
Rude CM's taint the magic a bit for sure. It's a good thing that the really enthusiastic CM's far outnumber those others. Glad you enjoyed your trip regardless.

yjgirl32
08-20-2009, 08:23 AM
Sorry to hear about the rude cm's. So un-Disney. Nie report. Thanks for sharing.

faline
09-01-2009, 05:30 PM
Glad you got some time to hang out with Jeanne & Jim! Sounds like a very busy but very fun day!

vizsla
09-02-2009, 05:16 AM
Thanks for the report.

pdrlkr
09-06-2009, 10:29 AM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: